The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gritty Punched a 13 year old?

Rate this topic

Monty

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Another story for Philly fans to add to their illustrious list of misdeeds.

Throwing snowballs and batteries at Santa check

Throwing up on little kids check

Punching a police horse check

Climbing utility poles despite being covered with crisco check

Jumping in to fight Tie Domi check

Having judge and court at the Veterans stadium check

Urinating in sinks check

Mascot attacks little kid check

You forgot the Eagles fan who for some unknown reason decided it would be a good idea to eat horse poop during the Eagles' Superbowl celebration.

Was going to add the Youtube video but just couldn't.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, drummer4now said:

I wouldn't be surprised lol.. I mean look at this. He has his own anger room.

I don't see Fin doing something like this anytime soon lol. 

Even the NJ Devils mascot is wacky as he charged out a window and broke it in front of little children. 

image.thumb.png.bab3fa57f4d225a0e854554d19a24d82.png

But unhappy Canucks fans tore our beautiful downtown up.

14 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

sounds like the dads just tryna get some money or something.

Agreed. Like another fellow said, if a full grown man took a running start and punched a kid in the back/spine as ‘hard as he could’ that kid would probably be dead. Also for a pat on the head? Cmon. I smell bull$&!# here

The Flyers said in a statement they “took Mr Greenwell’s allegations seriously and conducted a thorough investigation that found nothing to support this claim”.

Edited by You Mad Bro?

People are pathetic.  I mean, we don't know the truth yet and I imagine it's somewhere in the middle.  Rambunctious kid wanting Gritty's attention, smacking him on the head then Gritty playfully but aggressively going back at him.  

The "punched him as hard as he could" after a running start?  Kid would likely be laid out.  Sounds like some exaggeration for effect.

Come on:

While Greenwell proposed that the Flyers show his son on the scoreboard or let him mingle with players in the locker room, the company suggested that Brandon sit on the bench during warm-ups, the Inquirer reported. The negotiations went downhill after Greenwell insisted that Kleinman had told him in a phone conversation that Gritty admitted to hitting his son, which Kleinman vehemently denied.

If your kid is "assaulted" there is no compromise - charges and be done.   You're looking for punishment, not prizes. 

If you're looking to negotiate with an agenda and have things in mind that will suffice, it likely hints that it wasn't as bad as presented?  "An opportunity"?

I think it sends the kid the wrong message...if it's serious, treat it as such.  If it's not, accept the bench warm up and sthu.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

People are pathetic.  I mean, we don't know the truth yet and I imagine it's somewhere in the middle.  Rambunctious kid wanting Gritty's attention, smacking him on the head then Gritty playfully but aggressively going back at him.  

The "punched him as hard as he could" after a running start?  Kid would likely be laid out.  Sounds like some exaggeration for effect.

Come on:

If your kid is "assaulted" there is no compromise - charges and be done.  

If you're looking to negotiate with an agenda and have things in mind that will suffice, it likely hints that it wasn't as bad as presented?  "An opportunity"?

I think it sends the kid the wrong message...if it's serious, treat it as such.  If it's not, accept the bench warm up and sthu.

Do we know if this kid is mentally handicapped or something like that?  If he’s retarded mentally, then I could see him feeling assaulted, even though that was not what happened.  The dad ‘negotiating’ is seriously wrong.  

Reminds me of the Bertuzzi incident....

If this kid is a spot picker and didn't want to go with Gritty..... 

The kid should have went with one of Gritty's smaller mascot buddies... maybe kid should have fought linda the lady bug.... or sammy the squirrel .........  

The kid can't just go around whacking mascots and then not go when asked...   Spot picker from what i see.   This incident could have very easily turned into something more serious..... I hope Department of player safety  Parros  reviews the tape and  Gritty is exonerated ...  

23 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Jokes aside a grown man human inside a costume taking a running start and punching a 13yo would send said 13yo flying - and people would notice that.  I am calling BS.

Depends.   Some of the internet tough guys that post I suspect would have a hard time knocking down a 13 year old pile of newspaper let alone send a teenager flying?   All depends on teh human inside the costume.    Not everyone can deliver a punch - I keep imagining someone like this being a guy who takes on the job of a being mascot.   Some guys play, some guys watch  and some guys put on costumes and try and push little kids I guess.

neckbeards20.jpg

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Depends.   Some of the internet tough guys that post I suspect would have a hard time knocking down a 13 year old pile of newspaper let alone send a teenager flying?   All depends on teh human inside the costume.    Not everyone can deliver a punch - I keep imagining someone like this being a guy who takes on the job of a being mascot.   Some guys play, some guys watch  and some guys put on costumes and try and push little kids I guess.

fail martial arts GIFmiss fail GIFkid fail GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1