The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Sending Boeser Home

Boeser's fathers issues are well documented. you can also tell that he wanted to be as close to his father as possible. Boeser use to be the canucks guy but now that has moved to Hughes and Petterson. I think it would be very classy for the Canucks to find a way to get him home close to his father. The canucks would likely need a top 6 guy back. they were linked to Zuker a while back. Min is said to be on a rebuild/ re tool. getting a home town boy Boeser would be a great first step. Min has a great prospect Kirill Kaprizov who is currently in the KHL. They have had trouble signing him to a contract. He does not seemed thrilled being a Min prospect. He has however stated that he wants to play in the NHL next year. My offer would be this:

To MIN:

Brock Boeser

Jet Woo (has Minnesota written all over him)

To Van:

Jason Zuker

Kirill Kaprizov

Future top 9 in 1-2 years

Pearson Horvat Miller

Kaprizov Petterson Podkolzin (Dear lord)

Zuker Gaudette Virtanen

Edited by Nicklas Bo Hunter
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 8

Just now, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Kaprizov will be the best player in the trade eventually....

Nope.  Kaprizov is a fancy Russian.  He’s not going to be a successful NHL player.  He’s a KHL guy.  

Only player Minny has of interest is Dumbo.  And he’s not worth Bess.  

• Upvote 3

If we are doing something remotely like that, we better be getting Dumba back. A Zucker for Boeser swap literally degrades our team. Dumba for Boeser 1 for 1. As much as NHL has moved on from size, I still feel uneasy going for short players. The one you mentioned with potential is 5'9.

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

This is so bad it's funny 

Zuker almost 30 literally only one season over 50 points $5.5 million until 2023 with a modified NTC

Kaprizov...never played in North America, literally zero guarantee he ever does

vs

Boeser who is almost PPG in his career and only 22 years old and only $5.875 million until 2022

That's so bad....I'm sorry I don't normally like to flame proposals out of habit but man come on.

Think that Buffalo would trade us Eichel for Sutter and Costmar?

Kaprizov is always at the top of the list of young players not in the NHL right now. He has the potential to be the next panarin...

Panarin KHL numbers 2013-14 (22 years old):

Gp 51, G: 20, A: 20, Pts: 40

2014-2015(23 years old) :

Gp 54, G: 26, A: 36, PTS: 62

Kaprizov:

2018-19 (21 years old):

Gp 57, G: 30, A: 21, Pts: 51
2019-2020 (22 years old):

Gp 45, G: 23, A: 23, Pts: 46

Edited by Nicklas Bo Hunter

1 minute ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

so Fancy Russian players like Panarin suck in the nhl?

Panarin and all successful (NHL) players, whether from Russia or not, are tough.  Krill is not one of those tough character guys.  He plays to open ice, which is why he’s good on the big sheets, and the lesser league.  His game will not transfer.  

Bess is a PPG guy, and is 22 and on a great contract.  Woo is clearly a future NHL D man.  

Bad proposal.  

(I’m not high on Hoglander either, because he’s too fancy on big ice.)

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Panarin and all successful (NHL) players, whether from Russia or not, are tough.  Krill is not one of those tough character guys.  He plays to open ice, which is why he’s good on the big sheets, and the lesser league.  His game will not transfer.  

Bess is a PPG guy, and is 22 and on a great contract.  Woo is clearly a future NHL D man.  

Bad proposal.  

(I’m not high on Hoglander either, because he’s too fancy on big ice.)

I don't think you have watched Kaprizov play he is not worried about going into the hard areas.

3 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I don't think you have watched Kaprizov play he is not worried about going into the hard areas.

There are no hard areas in the KHL.  It’s his propensity to makes plays on the perimeter.  That’s a sure sign for a guy who will not help his team win in the NHL.  

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Nope.  Kaprizov is a fancy Russian.  He’s not going to be a successful NHL player.  He’s a KHL guy.  

Only player Minny has of interest is Dumbo.  And he’s not worth Bess.  

The only thing that makes sense for me is Dumba. A proven young top scoring winger for a proven young top right handed dman.

I love Boeser and would hate to see him go but JB has a job to do and that is improving our team. 

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

36 minutes ago, Darius said:

Seeing more and more of these "Trade Boeser" comments.  

I don't mind seeing some of them, its often a good exercise in learning how to value players. 

Boeser has the 2nd highest goals per game average out of the 2015 draft. He's a high character person. Team guy. No drama at all. Doesn't turn 23 until Feb. 

If there's ever been a higher value F for the Canucks to trade his name was Pavel. Lets at least aim higher than Zucker and a KHL prospect :picard:

edit: I'm assuming no one would attempt a Pettersson trade idea. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2