The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Sending Boeser Home

Nope.

Boeser is great friends with Petey, a classy and character guy, and is a ppg player. Why would we downgrade for a lesser player and prospect who might not even make it to the NHL?

While I am sure Boeser has excellent trade value, I consider him almost untouchable.

• Cheers 1

you want canucks to trade boeser because his dad has cancer geezus are u crazy lol kids a stud  hes going nowhere if his dads dying brock would get a leave of absense and spend some time with him. Otherwise he can hangout on allstar break and in summer with the fam you dont trade a stud ppg forward for 30yr olds leaving their prime or russians that  might never come to north america  if we ever traded brock which we wont if would be for a grade a propect a good nhler and a top 5 first rounder  thats his value -huge  and going nowhere 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

So to sum up

We're getting a redundant piece in Zucker

Dumba is recovering from a major injury and only has one decent season under his belt looking like a top 2

Starting to round in to form but 2 major injuries in his career already

Is in no way shape or form guaranteed to continue at that pace set 2 seasons ago

We give up a near pig 1st line RW that we literally don't have at all under decent contract to a team that is his effective hometown

And we're bending them over?  I don't see it that way at all. 

Dumba's fine and Zucker is far from redundant. He'd be a huge upgrade over Littlethinger.

Boeser's production will not be ppg on the 3rd line.

I think it would be a pretty great trade for us. Each incming guy still has 5-6 years of prime time left, and like I said, OJ is still a wildcard.

Also, Dumba's lowered production this season is a team thing. 50 points before he was injured, and was when the team was better too.

He'd be an incredible stud for us. He really is that good.

Edited by xereau

I wouldn't be surprised if Boeser gets moved near the end of his current deal.  As much as I love the kid, and depending on how things go, that would be the prime time to get great assets back and allow current prospects (like Hoglander or Podkolzin) development time to fill that RW scoring role.

I’m concerned that Boeser is a 1 trick pony. If that trick becomes subpar we have a problem. Does anyone believe he can keep his point pace playing on the 3rd line? The longer he does, the lower his value will drop. This is still a business not a social club. Currently he has great value and should give us a great return. If not Minny, then another team.

12 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Boeser's fathers issues are well documented. you can also tell that he wanted to be as close to his father as possible. Boeser use to be the canucks guy but now that has moved to Hughes and Petterson. I think it would be very classy for the Canucks to find a way to get him home close to his father. The canucks would likely need a top 6 guy back. they were linked to Zuker a while back. Min is said to be on a rebuild/ re tool. getting a home town boy Boeser would be a great first step. Min has a great prospect Kirill Kaprizov who is currently in the KHL. They have had trouble signing him to a contract. He does not seemed thrilled being a Min prospect. He has however stated that he wants to play in the NHL next year. My offer would be this:

To MIN:

Brock Boeser

Jet Woo (has Minnesota written all over him)

To Van:

Jason Zuker

Kirill Kaprizov

Future top 9 in 1-2 years

Pearson Horvat Miller

Kaprizov Petterson Podkolzin (Dear lord)

Zuker Gaudette Virtanen

Haha...god no.