The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] All Star Weekend - Jan 24/25 2020 - Pettersson, Hughes, and Markstrom edition

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

And yet the ladies are out demanding equality. 

That is what I don’t like. It’s nothing to do with women, it’s about equality being applied to hockey fandom in some weird social justice movement. All too contrived for my tastes, knowing what we know about the business of sport. 

Did Chara win the hardest shot? 

I hope he plays another year. 

Chara isnt at the asg

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

And yet the ladies are out demanding equality. 

That is what I don’t like. It’s nothing to do with women, it’s about equality being applied to hockey fandom in some weird social justice movement. All too contrived for my tastes, knowing what we know about the business of sport. 

Did Chara win the hardest shot? 

I hope he plays another year. 

That’s what frustrates me out of this forced “equality” they miss the point that the hockey is no where near as good as junior B, they get beat regularly by Bantam teams yet think they deserve pro money 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

How is that a viable business then?

15 bucks a ticket? You know they won’t fill a building. I doubt they could draw more than the WHL and they’d have to travel far and wide.

Ludicrous idea, a viable women’s league, IMO.

The weekend event is showcasing them. That’s some serious support and yet still no real interest. Oh, but the kids (girls) lol ya, sure, it’s about minor hockey and the game, not money, right, Ladies? 

They could open up just the lower bowl. I don't know why you say there is no real interest? I tuned in to watch their 3 on 3. You have to start somewhere and there is definitely interest. The game won't grow unless some takes a chance.