The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] All Star Weekend - Jan 24/25 2020 - Pettersson, Hughes, and Markstrom edition

Rate this topic

xereau

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Andersen had some great saves while Rittich was quietly efficient for an all-star came.  I didn't see any of the first game, but my pick for MVP would've been Hertl.  Although Tkachuk and Rittich were good too.

Andersen is used to playing behind that "all star" style defense. Another day in the office for him.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

What would it take to get our paws on Hertl? 

Where are we going to find $5.625 million in cap space? You are also talking about a player from a division rival. 

You are probably looking at Brock and Bo and a 1st. Remember SJ is rebuilding, they aren't going to give away one of the few good assets they have under age 27.

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

For a team that has the majority of its players at 30+, and is starting to fall to the bottom? 

Yeah I'm sure Baer, Goldy and a 2nd would do it.....

I said nothing about Baer, Goldy and a second. But that doesn't matter. Brock and Bo and a 1st for Hertl is still crazy talk. Any Canuck GM would be looking for a job real quick if they pulled that one.

Just now, Battlemonger said:

I said nothing about Baer, Goldy and a second. But that doesn't matter. Brock and Bo and a 1st for Hertl is still crazy talk. Any Canuck GM would be looking for a job real quick if they pulled that one.

My point is they are not going to make a sweetheart deal to a division rival for one of their few good players under 27. Thinking otherwise is also crazy talk.