The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] - Tanev Trade

laddie

11 minutes ago, laddie said:

To Toronto: Chris Tanev and Reid Boucher

To Vancouver: Kapanen and a 3rd Round Pick

Toronto needs help on defence and we need a RW to play with Horvat. 

We will not trade Tanev.  If he leaves it’s as a UFA July 1st.  

And we don’t want/need Crapenen.  

#LoserLeafs

Edited by Alflives

I don't hate this proposal, but I think we are asking a bit much with the 3rd rounder throw in.

If we sacrafice Tanev, how do we plug that hole?  Maybe then we pick up Dillon?

Hughes has been allowed to play his game, because Tanev is beside him to cover his mistakes.  We would need another defensive minded guy to play beside him.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We will not trade Tanev.  If he leaves it’s as a UFA July 1st.  

Don’t you think that depends on how the team performs over the next month?  If for some reason the team falters it would be ill advised not to trade Tanev as I’m unsure if he fits into the Canucks longterm plans and if that is the case we should be getting back something for him.

1 minute ago, laddie said:

Don’t you think that depends on how the team performs over the next month?  If for some reason the team falters it would be ill advised not to trade Tanev as I’m unsure if he fits into the Canucks longterm plans and if that is the case we should be getting back something for him.

The Loser Leafs are more likely to become sellers than we are.  They are faltering.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Type R said:

I don't hate this proposal, but I think we are asking a bit much with the 3rd rounder throw in.

If we sacrafice Tanev, how do we plug that hole?  Maybe then we pick up Dillon?

Hughes has been allowed to play his game, because Tanev is beside him to cover his mistakes.  We would need another defensive minded guy to play beside him.

I agree and I think a Tanev trade only happens if we are out of the playoff picture.  The reason for the 3rd is that I believe Toronto’s need for a d-man like Tanev out weighs our need for a RW.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

ahh Laddie, and we were on such a nice run of non-Tanev trade threads.

I suppose its possible, I'd prefer a 1st round pick tho over Kapanen. 

Agreed.  And it’s Crapenen.  He plays for the Loser Leafs.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

ahh Laddie, and we were on such a nice run of non-Tanev trade threads.

I suppose its possible, I'd prefer a 1st round pick tho over Kapanen. 

What's the fun in that?  With the trade deadline a month away isn’t time to start looking at what potentially could occur?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  And it’s Crapenen.  He plays for the Loser Leafs.  

I do share your hatred of the Leafs but I’m not so quick to discount a 23 year old who has scored 20 goals already in the league.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, laddie said:

I do share your hatred of the Leafs but I’m not so quick to discount a 23 year old who has scored 20 goals already in the league.  

We have several players, who are better than Crapenen.  We only have one Tanev 

33 minutes ago, laddie said:

What's the fun in that?  With the trade deadline a month away isn’t time to start looking at what potentially could occur?

just messing with you. Tanev trade threads are a right of passage on CDC. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we wanted a Kapanen style player we have Baer in the system. 

We don't need F help, we need it on defence. Unless we can upgrade Tanev's position or recover a 1st and use Tanev's cap space in free agency for d we should stand pat.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, laddie said:

To Toronto: Chris Tanev and Reid Boucher

To Vancouver: Kapanen and a 3rd Round Pick

Toronto needs help on defence and we need a RW to play with Horvat. 

This was a media post last summer (2018) that would certainly contradict your perceived value of Tanev. I actually agree that we should move him as he is as one dimensional as it gets, potential UFA and his salary does not really fit with our salary cap structure.

Why you trade him: If the team is looking to accelerate a rebuild, trading Tanev could help.

Why you don’t trade him: He’s coming off an injury-ravaged season and when he played he wasn’t all that good. His value has never been lower. This has been reflected in incredibly low offers for him this off-season, including mid-round picks, B-level prospects and fourth-line grinders. Also, teams have asked the Canucks to take salary back.

Conclusion: Considering the offers, untradeable. The Canucks can’t give him away.

Edited by Rick Blight
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The only players in our top 6 definitively better than Kapanen are Boeser, Miller, Petey and Horvat. I get you're anti Leafs but Kapanen is a much better Hansen. Doesn't quite have Hansen's grit but Hansen didn't have anywhere near the offensive talent of Kapanen. I'd take Kapanen for Tanev in a heartbeat. Kapanen Pearson and Horvat would be such an annoying line to play against in all 3 zones. Hell Kapanen could even play with Petey and open up the ice in a big way for him. Kapanen isn't a one way player, he is a dog and defensively responsible. Dude is legit.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If we wanted a Kapanen style player we have Baer in the system. 

We don't need F help, we need it on defence. Unless we can upgrade Tanev's position or recover a 1st and use Tanev's cap space in free agency for d we should stand pat.

I don’t know how they are even remotely similar players and I think you are highly overvaluing Baer who hasn’t played more then 69 games, is 4 years older, has never hit the 20 goal mark and is currently playing in the AHL. 

Edited by laddie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Unless this team suffers a complete breakdown after the All star break, there's not a chance in hell that we trade Tanev unless its for a windfall of assets.

Benning likes how this team looks and is performing, I'm not sure why people aren't getting that.

Anything that we do before the deadline, will be lateral, tweaking of prospects, and possibly trying to offload Baerstchi's contract and get him back to playing in the NHL with someone, which he really deserves.

• Cheers 1

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Unless this team suffers a complete breakdown after the All star break, there's not a chance in hell that we trade Tanev unless its for a windfall of assets.

Benning likes how this team looks and is performing, I'm not sure why people aren't getting that.

Anything that we do before the deadline, will be lateral, tweaking of prospects, and possibly trying to offload Baerstchi's contract and get him back to playing in the NHL with someone, which he really deserves.

I agree completely and that’s why a trade like this is only possible if the teams performance over the next month drops us out of playoff contention.