The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kobe Bryant Passes Away at 41

BoKnows

11 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

now is not the time for comments like this in my opinion.  It is fine if you hate him for whatever reason it is.  But this is a tragedy and now he is gone.  Lets just leave it as that.   Most people well in this forum, are just paying their respects fan of his or not.  

Well said.

FTR, I wasn't a Kobe fan either, but it had nothing to do with what he did or didn't do off the court. I know exactly zero for sure about that, so I don't base my feeling towards a person on it.

However I might feel about the guy, it's obvious that he was extremely talented and had a positive effect on millions of people. This is what we should be focusing on at this point. It's within the realm of possibility that incriminating evidence or testimony does come out later, but until it does, we should be talking about the tragic loss of life, rather than attempting to convict the recently deceased in the court of public opion.

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It seems odd to say, but I'm really hoping the Altobelli's don't have any other children...

18 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Well said.

FTR, I wasn't a Kobe fan either, but it had nothing to do with what he did or didn't do off the court. I know exactly zero for sure about that, so I don't base my feeling towards a person on it.

However I might feel about the guy, it's obvious that he was extremely talented and had a positive effect on millions of people. This is what we should be focusing on at this point. It's within the realm of possibility that incriminating evidence or testimony does come out later, but until it does, we should be talking about the tragic loss of life, rather than attempting to convict the recently deceased in the court of public opion.

It seems odd to say, but I'm really hoping the Altobelli's don't have any other children...

I think they do. I think they have an older son who works at a high school or goes to the highschool not sure it was on twitter a phrased oddly he may attend or be the director.

Okay here is the actual article:

https://www.waynedupree.com/helicopter-crash-john-altobelli/

They had 3 kids. 

Edited by peaches5

Wow. My brain still hasn't processed this as being real.

He and Nazzy. They were both my childhood heroes. 

Thank you for reminding us to never settle and bringing myself and millions of others out of their seats questioning how a human being could make those impossible shots fading away, over the backboard, hand in face, right leg kicked out. 

Rest in peace Kobe, Gianna, John, Keri, Alyssa, Christina, Sarah, Payton, and Ara. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

And I need to know him personally to feel sadness over his passing?

No, you’re allowed to feel sad for someone you didn’t know. Just like others don’t have to feel sad. That also doesn’t mean that those people don’t empathize for those that pass away that they didn’t know, just means that they aren’t affected by it one way or another. 

Nine people died in this tragedy including 3 children.

Let people mourn and cry if they want to, yes it’s obvious that nobody here knew victims personally.
To those that don’t care or think it’s strange to mourn people you didn’t know, sometimes it’s ok not to post your opinions.

As far as Colorado accusation goes, we have no idea if he was guilty or innocent.

Before we start discussing that as part of the legacy, let them bury these people first.

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Let people mourn and cry if they want to

Is someone stopping them?

7 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

To those that don’t care or think it’s strange to mourn people you didn’t know, sometimes it’s ok not to post your opinions.

Well, I think an Internet forum is probably the only place it’s appropriate to post ones opinions. So I think we’ll allow it.

4 minutes ago, Monty said:

Is someone stopping them?

Well, I think an Internet forum is probably the only place it’s appropriate to post ones opinions. So I think we’ll allow it.

I don’t see a point to comment when someone dies if you don’t care.

Why waste your time?

Just because you can post your opinion or as you say “we will allow it” doesn’t mean one should.

1 minute ago, Monty said:

And yet, here we are. 

Since we are here, I have always enjoyed the old “measure twice cut once” proverb.

I take the same approach when posting my thoughts/opinions for the whole world to see.

Thats just me, some people like to write anything that pops in their head.

22 minutes ago, Monty said:

It’s almost like an Internet forum. Crazy.

I am not disputing that you can say whatever you want.

Its just that sometimes it’s ok for people to keep those thoughts for themselves.

My post wasn’t really directed towards you but let me give you example.

You posted about Wes Craven passing away while back.
If someone quoted your post and said “who cares” or “why do you care about the guy you didn’t know”

You can honestly tell me that you wouldn’t think of that reply as nonsense that had no substance.

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

I mean, nobody here has been attacking anyone or being disrespectful. By all accounts, everything here has been civil and respectful.

Fair enough. Just seen some mods abuse their power and suspend users in the past for disagreeing with their “opinion”

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Fair enough. Just seen some mods abuse their power and suspend users in the past for disagreeing with their “opinion”

I get ya. And I feel ya.

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

You posted about Wes Craven passing away while back.
If someone quoted your post and said “who cares” or “why do you care about the guy you didn’t know”

You can honestly tell me that you wouldn’t think of that reply as nonsense that had no substance.

:lol: I honestly do not remember posting, because you saying this is the first I even remembered that he passed away. Not saying I didn’t post in the thread, I just don’t even remember that he did.

So, considering I didn’t even remember, I’m sure it wouldn’t have bothered me if someone responded that way.

• Like 1