The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kobe Bryant Passes Away at 41

BoKnows

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Death is tragic, of course.  However Kobe was not a nice person, who did some pretty bad stuff - especially to women.  His little girl, and the other kids traveling to their basketball game is very sad indeed.  

Alf that bimbo lied to get money.

RiP to a legend

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Shocking still after a few hours. Such a healthy guy with money and family and everything going for him. Hard to believe that this accident happened. I wonder when he drink his coffee today what he thought about. I wonder what was the last things those kids and his wife said to him. Like gosh this really hit me in the feels today. He was an cultural icon. Legend and hero for so many years.                                                 CDC fam I love you all. Hug your friends and family a little tighter today.  Laugh a bit harder. Love and forgive more and more. Spend that little extra for a memory. This life is so short and we never know when it's gonna end.  If you want to change jobs or like someone just go for it. If you wanna move to somewhere go for it.                 Also let's teach our kids and grandkids that when we throw something into the garbage we say Kobe. Let's never let that die. Rip Kobe, his daughter and the other souls. They are in paradise now 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Doh!!!!  Man... That was bad.  Slip of the tongue or not... That will be tough to rebound from.... No pun intended.

Edited by Hogs & Podz

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Death is tragic, of course.  However Kobe was not a nice person, who did some pretty bad stuff - especially to women.  His little girl, and the other kids traveling to their basketball game is very sad indeed.  

My god man. Another one on the list of Alf’s greatest “hits” on this forum.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Never mind, not worth the anger/energy. Give your head a shake. 

Edited by RRypien37
cooler heads prevailed
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

You know... I remember when Kobe broke into the league out high school.  That was unusual at the time... He was only 17.  There were comparisons he'd be the next Jordan.  What first struck me about him wasn't his game or age coming into the league, it was his name Kobe... Never heard that name before he came along... Just sounded so cool.  As it turned out, his game ended up making his cool name iconic... Now there are probably hundreds of thousands of Kobe's in the world lol!

He wasn't my favorite player... That's still Jordan for me but... I think his fierce competitive nature and extreme hard work ethic was rivaled by only a small few... Brady, Woods, Federer maybe a few more.  

It just really hurts to loose a human so young... That represents to us all what greatness a human can achieve.  But most of all... I'm most sad for his daughter and his surviving daughters and wife... What a tragedy.:sadno:

Sad day.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So bad. But I laughed pretty hard. The Las Angeles $^#^#&&'s wow that is a huge slip up. 

In regards to his death I feel bad for the family it's one thing to lose a parent or partner but to lose a child along with him.

Must be devastated right now.

I would never wish this fate on my worst enemy or their family.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Garbage post

Read, and learn about the real Kobe Bryant.  Just because some dies, that doesn’t resolve them from doing harm to others, especially the level of harm Kobe perpetrated.

For those of you with the down votes (the confused emoji) I guess you support his off court behaviour? 

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

you post a lot of stuff alf

you can be self deprecating often

you can be an over the top completely biased nuck fan

you can be very careless in your thinking at times

and it can be a challenge to observe swings in your posts

your smarts are undone by some odd needs

this is one of those posts that is just crass

not sure why you need to do this

not sure who benefits from this post

it appears designed to upset some sport fans

whatever kobe's flaws are

it is a huge reach to claim a death penalty is warranted and justified

and is a bit disturbing his passing causes you to express some level of satisfaction about it

he has family that cares about him

he is a loss to them and his ardent fans

they need some time to process this all and heal

it is cheap and unnecessary

to poke at people when they are grieving

it is just weak in my view

Everyone keeps talking about Kobe, but what about the other people who passed away with him... Just because he could play a sport doesn't mean he should be more talked about over someone else. 

It’s really Sad for his family. He dies a legend and his legacy will stand the test of time, what more could you ask for in life ? Loosing two members in one day like that, his poor wife and remaining children. Devastating.  I can’t even imagine. 

3 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

This is off base Alf. Adultery is a bad thing but by all accounts he and his wife were able to fix their marriage. As far as the sexual assault case, I am always weary in those situations as I have seen lives ruined by false accusations. I am not calling it that, but refusing to testify seems shady to me.

Big difference between adulatory and what KObe bought his way out of.  

• Cheers 1