The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kobe Bryant Passes Away at 41

BoKnows

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Read and learn.

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did," the apology said. "After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains."

Money and fame buys the legal system.  

And you’re bolding and increasing of font size means that people are reading and learning? 

He and his daughter died a horrible death, most likely being ripped apart and burnt. Maybe you can pull your head out of your ass and learn some couth and class yourself. 

Certainly, there’s been speculation about  Bryant’s involvement in a rape case in 2003, but there’s been speculation based on actual evidence, that his accuser has over 8 different samples in her at once.  

Is that detail supposed to be overlooked? If it was a wife against husband thing?

How is the claim any more believable?

Edited by PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And you’re bolding and increasing of font size means that people are reading and learning? 

He and his daughter died a horrible death, most likely being ripped apart and burnt. Maybe you can pull your head out of your useless ass and learn some couth and class yourself. 

It’s tragic other people died, especially children.  For them and their families it’s a terrible day.  However, for Kobe to be receiving this outpouring of love is a travesty.  I bolded nothing.  It’s a direct quote.  

There is a flaw in our society when we forgive people for doing terribly unforgivable things simply because they are rich and famous.

How many of us did the same with OJ Simpson in ‘94?  

And it’s my legs that are useless.  My ass still works fine. 

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s tragic other people died, especially children.  For them and their families it’s a terrible day.  However, for Kobe to be receiving this outpouring of love is a travesty.  I bolded nothing.  It’s a direct quote.  

There is a flaw in our society when we forgive people for doing terribly unforgivable things simply because they are rich and famous.

Give your head a shake. Kobe deserves every ounce of love he gets during this tragedy. He evolved the sport he is famous for and has mentored and help so many people. 
Why should one incident wipe away all the incredible feats and amazing good that Kobe did with the rest of his life? For someone that speaks out against "Cancel Culture", I find it very ironic that you think that one incident like that should cancel out all the good Kobe did in his life.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Read, and learn about the real Kobe Bryant.  Just because some dies, that doesn’t resolve them from doing harm to others, especially the level of harm Kobe perpetrated.

For those of you with the down votes (the confused emoji) I guess you support his off court behaviour? 

Stop being a mindless sheep and believing everything that is written or reported. Do your own research and stop disrespecting the dead over an event that you clearly know nothing about. Well deserved block, good bye. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

There's a whole generation of people from all over the world that have been positively impacted by Kobe, both on and off the court. It's completely ignorant of you to say all of that should be ignored. You're discounting the lives of many by saying it's a travesty.

Look, I'm sure there are Kobe fans that will mindlessly forgive Kobe even in the case that Kobe murdered someone, but this isn't even close to the "forgiven because of wealth and fame" case that you claim it to be. People have very good reason to idolize him even past his accusations. There is a reason why a vast majority of self respecting girls and women who play basketball respect and idolize Kobe as an athlete and human. Do you think they're looking past his accusations as well? No, it's because he's done 99% more for female empowerment than all of us. I think you're holding on to the idea that all of us defending Kobe are biased in the lenses of great athletic accomplishment, when in reality, you're the one who is biased from all the hatred you feel towards someone who has been an unbelievable player and human being, while hoping that everything bad you hear about him is true to advance your narrative. 

Edited by Grape
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Read, and learn about the real Kobe Bryant.  Just because some dies, that doesn’t resolve them from doing harm to others, especially the level of harm Kobe perpetrated.

For those of you with the down votes (the confused emoji) I guess you support his off court behaviour? 

Idol to millions worldwide, Oscar winner, good father, teammate and husband, coached his daughters team, and supported women's sports.

Ya I support his off court behaviour.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

This is his statement to settle the civil case in which she got a boatload of cash.

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did," the apology said. "After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains."

I feel for his wife, who lost her daughter, and the other families who lost their loved ones.  For Kobe, I feel nothing. 

now is not the time for comments like this in my opinion.  It is fine if you hate him for whatever reason it is.  But this is a tragedy and now he is gone.  Lets just leave it as that.   Most people well in this forum, are just paying their respects fan of his or not.  

• Upvote 2

RIP to all who have perished in this unfortunate accident. Kobe was an icon in sports. Not everybody liked him, but most did. 

To continually post negative thoughts towards someone who has just passed and lost his daughter at the same time is really low. If you got nothing nice to say, better to keep your opinions to yourself in such a tragic time like this. He was a devoted father, who has left a wife and 3 children behind who will no longer have their father in their lives.

No human is perfect all of the time, Kobe did way more good in this world than bad. It is very unfortunate that all those on board have passed away, this sort of thing happens a lot in the world where people die way too young. It does get made into a big deal when it is someone famous, because they have touched or been a part of many people's lives etc.

I hope they are able to determine what exactly went wrong, with the fog in the area other choppers were grounded I believe. This may one day become an episode of Mayday.

Can't imagine what that last minute for those on board was like...RIP

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I rarely come on here any more, but I felt it would be a place to just say.

This death hit me harder than most.

While I deal with celebs almost daily in my work, Kobe was 1 of the nicer NBA stars I had ever encountered, in fact, outside of maybe Jason Kidd, I couldnt think of a nicer one. He actually made me back into a Lakers fan, after slowly deviating away from them to the Bulls during Jordans days. I got to literally watch him from beginning to end of his NBA career, and he never stopped amazing me, right until that last game. Even when I started losing interest in the NBA after our team was stolen, I still would check in on him from time to time.

His daughter passing away made it even harder to deal with. It was already a huge loss. But knowing 1 of his daughters perished with him amplified the tragedy.
Then learning there was SEVEN more people on the chopper just added even more. 

To the Bryant family, the Altobelli family, the Chester family, the Mauser family, the Zobayan family. To their friends. To the rest of their fans. My condolences.

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

Big difference between adulatory and what KObe bought his way out of.  

Hey Alf. I frequent these boards occasionally. I see you do too as you have posted over 45,000 times. That's pretty neat. I guess I'm happy for you that you've found an online community, a virtual safe space for you to voluntarily share your personal thoughts. However, in your earlier post trying to admonish the late great KOBE BRYANT, it makes me realize that, similar to the notion that not everyone should have children, not everyone should have a platform to share their opinion. You might have questions for what I mean by that but you don't deserve an explanation. You've shown me exactly where you are. 

When I come on these boards I have to hunt for gems within comments; I sift through pages to try to glean info, observations, and other noteworthy news from posters. You've shown me that you have absolutely nothing worthy to contribute. Instead, you are an online alter ego - a  troll - a byproduct of our hyper-communicating world. I am now blocking your posts here on CDC so that I can raise the quality of what I read. 

Go fly a kite. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

I felt nothing when I heard of his passing, not much of a basketball fan and of course I didn't know him personally.  To most he was a icon so naturally they would be upset.  No one can deny he was one of the most known athletes worldwide.  I see you're getting a lot of flak for what you posted but I agree with the bolded.  If you're going to remember someone you have to include the good and the bad, and what happened in Colorado cannot be swept under the rug, it was a huge point in his life and playing career.  To those that say this is not the place - well it is, and to those that say Alf is just trolling and he should log off perhaps they should do the same if they're going to get this emotional over someone they never knew personally.

RIP to all the fallen, and condolences to the families involved.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1