The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

I am giving credit where it's due, Demko was a star in the third. I'd rather Pettersson and Horvat have more minutes than Beagle, absolutely, who wouldn't? 

The other team. That's why they showed up and forced us to play our best when it mattered,

22 minutes ago, Howisthishappening said:

How is St.Louis top team in the West? They have  no name roster,  a bunch of grinders.. so pathetic to see them do well when NHL success comes from high skill high flash not grinding.

St. Louis is an abomination, an anomaly to win the cup, they shouldnt be doing so well in modern nhl.

Binnington and a team first strategy/attitude - they stand up and play for each other.  Very different from how the Laffs are built..

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

Not really, my gripe is with Green giving Beagle 18 mins, more than Horvat and Petey.

That’s why we have the cute dog on the team.  He’s supposed to take those hard minutes, so Bo doesn’t have to play too much. 

4 minutes ago, nuk76 said:

Where's all the experts that said shotgun didn't deserve to be on the top line? Speed opens up the ice for his team mates.

It's great JV is clicking with EP and Miller.  Unfortunately, Brock isn't doing well on the 3rd line.  I thought BB was supposed to be a play driver (according to some posters)? 

I like he idea of spreading the scoring.   Hopefully Brock and Guadette figure things out.  Then we can have 3 reliable lines scoring and 1 defensive line.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

weak sidestep.  you didn't answer the question.

would you be using EP's line - or Gaudette's for that matter - to take those dzone starts down the stretch, and kill those penalties?

You expect a guy like Beagle to outshoot an opponent in that context?  Against the top 6 of the Stanley Cup Champions?

Please.

You clearly don't understand the value of a player like Beagle - (or Malhotra for that matter).   There's been over a decade of illustration.

Yawn, 4 defensive zone shift starts all game. Please don't compare Beagle to Malhotra lmao, much higher quality of player in Manny. 

Sidestep? Thought I was pretty clear. Horvat and Petey should be higher than Beagle. If that means more dzone draws, then yes. I don't expect Beagle to outshoot anybody, especially with the really heavy ozone/dzone deployment that the Canucks do more of than any other team in the league.

Horvat and Petey played almost as much on PP as Beagle did on the PK. 

Edited by Duodenum
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 5

2 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Yawn, 4 defensive zone shift starts all game. Please don't compare Beagle to Malhotra lmao, much higher quality of player in Manny. 

Sidestep? Thought I was pretty clear. Horvat and Petey should be higher than Beagle. If that means more dzone draws, then yes. I don't expect Beagle to outshoot anybody, especially with the really heavy ozone/dzone deployment that the Canucks do more of than any other team in the league.

confused gobbledygook

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Not really, my gripe is with Green giving Beagle 18 mins, more than Horvat and Petey.

In the context of the game it makes sense. We were defending a lead. Had we been the team down a goal Petey and Bo would of course be getting more ice time than Beagle. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Horvat and Petey played almost as much on PP as Beagle did on the PK. 

Yawn indeed

Just now, Alflives said:

Those guys must have a real love for shutting down the other teams’ top players on their PP, and Ozone starts to play those extremely hard minutes with such passion.  I think there is a character/leadership quality those kinds of players have with their teammates.  Their mates likely have a lot of respect for guys who sacrifice so much to play those hard minutes.  

exactly.

And for the most part, highlight reel fans understand none of it - consider those guys mere interchangeable 4th line plugs. 

• Cheers 3