The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Brock Boeser for Timo Meier?

1 minute ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

I don't think he has a lot of chemisty with anyone in the lineup.  He doesn't have a one-timer, and he plays best with the puck on his stick.  Not gonna happen with Petterson.  Meier is low maintenance goal machine.  

he was a ppg player with Petey :blink:

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he was a ppg player with Petey :blink:

I would be a ppg player with Petey and JT.  Watch the games, this isn't season 1 Boeser.  He isn't skating through players getting off beautiful wristers.  They don't even really pass him the puck all that often anymore.  Its tough to watch.  

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

I would be a ppg player with Petey and JT.  Watch the games, this isn't season 1 Boeser.  He isn't skating through players getting off beautiful wristers.  They don't even really pass him the puck all that often anymore.  Its tough to watch.  

oof. Yeah OK. 

No, its Boeser learning new skills Boeser. This trade idea is tough to watch, for a few reasons. 

Oh i get it now, you're from Seattle and trying to make us suck before you're team is even named. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Haha 4

Meier has a 10 million dollar qualifying offer after this deal. Hard NO even if they offered us a 1st rounder next year as well. Besides Boeser is progressing really well, I know people are quick to trade him cause he's on the 3rd line but he's a great player and has great chemistry with the team already. Why throw that away for Meier who may not mesh at all with anyone? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

theres no one else to pick on it seems.  Green has gone from dog house to Jack Adams contender.  Jake has gone from 25 points to top tier forward.  Loui is contributing.  Even Juolevi on the farm is rocketing up the trajectory charts.

that leaves out the guy on a 5 game pointless streak. You know the guy that was a calder candidate and has put up more points at his age than almost every other winger this team has drafted in its 50 year history.   Hes got no chemistry now.

One one hand this is awesome, on the other hand I want to cry....

Look no one denies the talent.  He just doesn't seem to fit in.  I thought dropping him onto the Gaudette line was a brilliant idea that way he would drive play again.  Get the puck on his stick instead of deferring and passing to Petey all the time.  There is no spark in the poor guy.  When he was playing with Petey, he would pass up good shots just to get Petey the puck.  He no longer believes he is the best player on the ice.  It hurts my heart to see it.  Green used to roll him out 24min a night in his rookie season, and he would take on anyone and every wrist shot went in.  Now he is Petey's butler.  Even JT in his brilliance has surpassed him.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Look no one denies the talent.  He just doesn't seem to fit in.  I thought dropping him onto the Gaudette line was a brilliant idea that way he would drive play again.  Get the puck on his stick instead of deferring and passing to Petey all the time.  There is no spark in the poor guy.  When he was playing with Petey, he would pass up good shots just to get Petey the puck.  He no longer believes he is the best player on the ice.  It hurts my heart to see it.  Green used to roll him out 24min a night in his rookie season, and he would take on anyone and every wrist shot went in.  Now he is Petey's butler.  Even JT in his brilliance has surpassed him.

He is 22 years old.  Players develop.   JT was horribly inconsistent at his age, look at him now.

There is also the personal aspect to all of this that some seem to be ignoring.  These players are not robots, they go through rough patches on and off the ice.   Its unfair to reduce everything into numbers and cold hard spreadsheets.   He has done nothing but produce for us since the day he stepped on the ice, he seems a little off  now and the trade scenarios come out.  Talk about cutting the throat.

Look at Horvat at 22 years old.  Recall the dry spells  Recall the horrible plus minus and the schoolings from the other teams when big brother Sutter wasnt around.  Should we have traded him too?

Not saying that you dont trade him if something spectacular isnt offered but this knee jerk reaction stuff is quite concerning.

Edited by Darius