The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Jan. 29, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, xereau said:

1. It's mostly falling back into collapse you are seeing. No willingness to engage, playing in the system.

2. He is like a dog on a bone in that last minute.

3. Gotta commend the coach on Jake's emergence.

4. Ferland's return delayed to mid Feb according to a CBS article I saw last night when I saw the speculation.

Article reads:

'Ferland hasn't quite made enough progress in his recovery from the upper-body injury to resume playing, so it sounds like his absence will extend into February. The winger has been on long-term injured reserve since mid-December.'

His return could be early Feb. but probably the 8th against the Lames?  Hope so... Could really make a difference for the playoff push.  His tough to play against, size and hitting are exactly what we need.

Edited by Hogs & Podz

Last season after 51 games Canucks had 52 points with goal differential -14

This year 62 points and goal differential +18

Canucks second in the Conference in GF (behind Colorado ) and sixth in the NHL

Last year 90 points were good enough to get into playoffs.(Colorado)

Not sure about this year.

8 hours ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Dirty play aside, Karlsson is a shell of his former Ottawa self.  Sharks are stuck with his massive 8 x 11.5m too.  Not to mention Burns and Vlasic.

And the goalie Jones who is basically a back up now is getting 7 mil for the next 4 years 

• Haha 1

Word around town is Bailey was seen heading to the airport.  Luckily, we are playing Islanders next and he can beat the team there.  Might be an issue if the farm was out west. :)  Deserving call up.

Edited by hobart16
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, spur1 said:

Game thoughts.

The usual Shark biased reffing was in play. 
TSN turning point: Marky’s Gump save.

Virt gets the game winner again. Even though he didn’t have a great game overall. What a bad pick. 
The young team just wore down the old team. 
This is not the Canucks team of the last few years. They are finding ways to win as opposed to finding ways to lose. 

So true!

5 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Article reads:

'Ferland hasn't quite made enough progress in his recovery from the upper-body injury to resume playing, so it sounds like his absence will extend into February. The winger has been on long-term injured reserve since mid-December.'

His return could be early Feb. but probably the 8th against the Lames?  Hope so... Could really make a difference for the playoff push.  His tough to play against, size and hitting are exactly what we need.

I don't even care about the Flames....I want him to be fully recovered and agree that, come playoffs, he's a much needed asset.  Let him just save himself for that.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Karlsson used to be one of my favourite non Canucks.  Then SJ got a hold of him and now he's just another lazy, dirty, pretty ineffective slouch.  I'll call it the Joe way to go.

Hope Motte's ok but now I slide Karlsson over into the rat category.  Also, that look is tired and worn out...you're not a viking, Erik you're more deckhand now....go grab your mop.

the joe way to go? 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Karlsson used to be one of my favourite non Canucks.  Then SJ got a hold of him and now he's just another lazy, dirty, ineffective slouch.  I'll call it the Joe way to go.  He's got a dash of Kane in there now too.

Hope Motte's ok but now I slide Karlsson over into the rat category.  Also, that look is tired and worn out...you're not a viking, Erik you're more deckhand now....go grab your mop and your bucket.

Surprised there was no penalty.  He knew what he did and you can tell by his glance at the referee right after the hit.  He should have got the crap beaten out of him.

This is of course, an example of the double standard of enforcement of NHL rules.  

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thornton.    Lazy, dirty, thinks it's fun to try and injure others.

Haha, our Joe is awesome!

you had me worried for a minute. i thought you knew something i didn’t. well i am lazy in my old age, but i had a bath, just last month. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2