The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Tomas Hertl out for the season

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Capajoe said:

Unfortunately for Hertl he tore the 2 major support ligaments. They support is side to side and forward/back motions.

Surgeons told McDavid they can fix his which was a PCL tear but the risks outweigh the rewards.

McDavids injury is far tamer and some would say insignificant in the professional standards.

Source: I have a grade 3 PCL tear (same as McDavid) and doctors told me to suck it up cause it’s not needed.

I guess the documentary was an over-exaggeration then? They seemed to indicate surgery was the best option, but because he would miss a year, they looked for other solutions to recover faster.

But I guess the options are generally different for 100 million dollar players versus average Joe's.

4 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I guess the documentary was an over-exaggeration then? They seemed to indicate surgery was the best option, but because he would miss a year, they looked for other solutions to recover faster.

But I guess the options are generally different for 100 million dollar players versus average Joe's.

I’d suggest looking into how the process is with a PCL reconstruction, I saw Dr. MacDonald in Winnipeg as there were no surgeons willing to do it in Saskatchewan that I found. He told me that due to the procedure I’d be out of work a minimum 12 months. He also told me the best option is just physiotherapy to strengthen all the muscles around the knee to compensate for the less stability.

I doubt you’ve seen the brace McDavid is wearing. I have a picture of mine if you’d like to see it lol.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Capajoe said:

I’d suggest looking into how the process is with a PCL reconstruction, I saw Dr. MacDonald in Winnipeg as there were no surgeons willing to do it in Saskatchewan that I found. He told me that due to the procedure I’d be out of work a minimum 12 months. He also told me the best option is just physiotherapy to strengthen all the muscles around the knee to compensate for the less stability.

I doubt you’ve seen the brace McDavid is wearing. I have a picture of mine if you’d like to see it lol.

Did you watch the documentary? They seemed to indicate surgery was the best option (of course he would have the best doctors/surgeons working with him). I certainly have no knowledge in regards to this aside from what I saw from the McDavid documentary which made it seem like what he did was "groundbreaking" and against what doctors had originally recommended, but simply to get him back on the ice as soon as possible and still be on top of his performance. But like I said, I suppose having the top facilities and staff to work with him provides a different outlook and outcome as opposed to regular joes.

13 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Did you watch the documentary? They seemed to indicate surgery was the best option (of course he would have the best doctors/surgeons working with him). I certainly have no knowledge in regards to this aside from what I saw from the McDavid documentary which made it seem like what he did was "groundbreaking" and against what doctors had originally recommended, but simply to get him back on the ice as soon as possible and still be on top of his performance. But like I said, I suppose having the top facilities and staff to work with him provides a different outlook and outcome as opposed to regular joes.

I have not, I just read the article. I am planning on watching it though just because it does hit close to home.

I am amazed what he’s doing based on personal experiences as I have confidence issues stopping on my skates one way lol.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Capajoe said:

I have not, I just read the article. I am planning on watching it though just because it does hit close to home.

I am amazed what he’s doing based on personal experiences as I have confidence issues stopping on my skates one way lol.

Let me know what you think after you've seen it.

That's a shame, ugly fall. Freak accident. I remember when I seen it I hoped it didn't F with his knee or anything.

Joke may be in bad taste and just asking the hockey gods to slap me in the face, but any other year it's Tanev getting injured given how freakish this injury was. Seemed like he was always getting hit with some freakish injury.

Really a shame it wasn't Erik Karlsson... it's ok though, that guy has it bad enough with his wife whipping him 24/7 I guess... 

Maybe that's why he took it out on poor Motter? 

I hope Hoffmans wife beats him up :)

8 minutes ago, apollo said:

Really a shame it wasn't Erik Karlsson... it's ok though, that guy has it bad enough with his wife whipping him 24/7 I guess... 

anticipate GIF

1 hour ago, apollo said:

I'm assuming that you don't know about his stillborn child?  Really bad taste to write that, but I'm assuming that you didn't know about it. 

8 hours ago, theo5789 said:

anticipate GIF

7 hours ago, Squamfan said:

:unsure:

7 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'm assuming that you don't know about his stillborn child?  Really bad taste to write that, but I'm assuming that you didn't know about it. 

Now that you mention it, I do recall the stillborn story but I never mentioned it and I wasn't targeting it whatsoever. I was referring to his wife, just like pronger and Gretzkys wives, getting involved and making their husbands move. 

I'm questioning his manhood because what he did to motter disgusted me. 

I take 0 joy out of a guy like hertl who isn't out there cheap shotting others getting hurt for the season. Tomas seems like a good kid with decent morals. 

You know what doesn't help someone that is struggling with mental health to the point that they become the face for our teams mental health campaign? 

Taking a cheap shots to the head that causes a severe concussion. 

I hope Tyler has all the support he needs. He's quickly become one of my favourite players and it disgusts me that a cheap hit by Karlsson goes unpunished and has motter out injured on the IR... 

On 1/30/2020 at 6:03 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

Lucic wanted to play for the Canucks but Edmonton outbid us by a country mile and we chose to go with Louie.  

Lucic again wanted to get traded to us in the offseason but the rumours are that Louie didn't want to waive his no trade clause to go to Edmonton (and I don't blame him).  

I do... as a player where he was in his career when those trades were brought up you would think he'd give anything to get a fresh start anywhere and possibly revive and extend his career. He also nixed a trade to Ottawa (that's the rumour anyways).

Either way, we have him for 2 more years after this one and if we can live with another year of Loui Eriksson next year, his buyout would be VERY reasonable before the last year of his contract. It would also get us out of a jam when Petey and Hughes's new contracts kick in.