The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Feb. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I don’t think we’re going to make a bunch of adjustments to beat the Bruins considering we only play them once more and not for a few weeks.

Todays loss was not about having enough toughness, that’s a tired narrative.

The team just needs rest and practice and come out with more jump next game. They were simply flat tonight, it happens.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Disappointed with how Roussel has been this season. He’s been out for a while but I expect more bite and pesky play out of him. 

Would also like to see more of that out of Virtanen too. Can’t say I am disappointed with his play this season though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

They looked 100% gassed, top to bottom.

I'm giving them a pass on this one.  Mulligan.

they did look gassed. I decided a few years back never to pay fora game where either team is playing the 3rd in 4 nights.

But that said, you expect a team that does not use its bench to become gassed.

Coach must accept some responsibility

3 minutes ago, Boeser#1fan said:

Where has Benn showed any guts.. I was excited when they brought him to Vancouver but he has been soft like a kitten

Kinda seems like every physical player that ends up on our roster recently gets neutered. 

Kassian, Gudbranson, Virtanen, Ferland (small sample size haven't seen enough of him) 

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Disappointed with how Roussel has been this season. He’s been out for a while but I expect more bite and pesky play out of him. 

Would also like to see more of that out of Virtanen too. Can’t say I am disappointed with his play this season though. 

Rouss has to be playing hurt right now. 

19 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

if you can show a full replay of all of the stick handling of him bringing it into the blue zone without touching the offside because he's skate was on the onside side of it, before, the panel made a pretty good video of it, even shorty and garrett agreed after the full reveiw?

EDIT: You have to have contact on puck before you cross the blue, which he didnt, he did before.

Not sure I understand your additional comment

he had touched the puck before and after the blue line..  that’s the whole point 

if he didn’t have possession prior to the blue line then the play is not offside 

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

How is the fact that the flames, Oilers and Vegas lost tonight some kind of blessing to us ?

it’s a blessing if we win and gain 2 points on them all vs sharing in the misery of losing and not losing ground to them 

we need to change our perspective 

cause playoffs?

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

How is the fact that the flames, Oilers and Vegas lost tonight some kind of blessing to us ?

it’s a blessing if we win and gain 2 points on them all vs sharing in the misery of losing and not losing ground to them 

we need to change our perspective 

Fortuitous?

15 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Not sure I understand your additional comment

he had touched the puck before and after the blue line..  that’s the whole point 

if he didn’t have possession prior to the blue line then the play is not offside 

the rules are his team mate crossed the blue line while the puck was across the blue line but the puck holders skate was still across the blue too?, does that make sense? 

It is one of the type of game where schedule was: back to back in the east coast in the afternoon games then a day off.  No practice at all and you can see that there's no jump to their game.    PP has been that bad for a while and that's falls on Newell Brown.  Boeser is not sharp for a long while so why not try other players like Virtenan on Boeser's spot on PP?     Also Virtenan has been playing well with the first line so why change just to get jump-start Boeser's game?    If he is playing better on 3rd line then might consider reunited them together.  Is it me or has Boeser lost his shot release that was able to go past the goalies in his rookie year?   Is he playing with an hand injury or what?

2 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

It is one of the type of game where schedule was: back to back in the east coast in the afternoon games then a day off.  No practice at all and you can see that there's no jump to their game.    PP has been that bad for a while and that's falls on Newell Brown.  Boeser is not sharp for a long while so why not try other players like Virtenan on Boeser's spot on PP?     Also Virtenan has been playing well with the first line so why change just to get jump-start Boeser's game?    If he is playing better on 3rd line then might consider reunited them together.  Is it me or has Boeser lost his shot release that was able to go past the goalies in his rookie year?   Is he playing with an hand injury or what?

Prob doesn't help that he's averaging 2 SOG per game at the moment. Boes can’t make a pass to save his life atm