The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Feb. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

the rules are his team mate crossed the blue line while the puck was across the blue line but the puck holders skate was still across the blue too?, does that make sense? 

I saw the play man, I know the game and the rules 

the whole issue comes to the linemen’s interpretation of entering the zone “with” the puck vs following the puck into the zone 

10 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I saw the play man, I know the game and the rules 

the whole issue comes to the linemen’s interpretation of entering the zone “with” the puck vs following the puck into the zone 

well, we all saw the play and well with it i think it was, i though it was bs at first too

9 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Ok basic math,

they lose we win ..we gain 2 points = better playoff chance 

they lose, we lose ..we gain zero points = no change in playoff chance 

which one is better ? 

Okay, I'll take a stab at it.

they lose we win ..we gain 2 points = better playoff chance ---- Right.

they lose, we lose ..we gain zero points = no change in playoff chance --- Right, and we don't lose ground, and they don't gain any ground. On to the next game.

However, if they win and the Canucks lose = downturn in the team's playoff chances which makes either of the other two options preferable to this third option.

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

One of the best teams and home records in the league vs a team playing their 3rd road game in 4 nights not sure you could expect too much out of this game. 

I need to get to your head space where you go in before the game with the bar THAT low, it will take time tho.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Hit the nail on the head there. 

Not to mention the officiating didn't help either... Game would have been much closer if it was called fair and square. 

Not discouraged. 

Flew out of my seat when Marky made that glove save. Wow. 

I still don't accept the explanation on the offside goal not being reversed. 

It's pretty simple. Both Bruins were outside the blueline before the puck was touched.

Need more shots on net. It is only 1 ugly loss, but I think some line changes are needed:

JT EP Virtanen/Boeser

Pearson Horvat Virtanen/Boeser

Roussel Gaudette Sutter

LE Beagle MaC/Bailey

Schaller

Basically, get BOTH Jake and Brock into the top 6, move LE to 4th line or press box and insert MaC or Bailey over Schaller

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Green stated that he was frustrated by the hit on Pettersson. Shouldn’t he have been equally frustrated by the complete lack of pushback from the rest of the team, especially guys like Roussel, Myers and the like? 

Seeing the Canucks not respond to their best player being victimized by a late hit is embarrassing. What kind of a team is this?

Hopefully Pettersson doesn’t grow tired of the lack of guts from the rest of his team and demand a trade to one that values him enough to step up and stand up for him. 

I didn’t see the game or this incident.

How is this still happening? 

55 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Ok basic math,

they lose we win ..we gain 2 points = better playoff chance 

they lose, we lose ..we gain zero points = no change in playoff chance 

which one is better ? 

never said it was better.. but no change is better than change where teams catch up

• Cheers 1

Tough game against one of the elite teams in the league.  A good litmus test and it showed that we're not where we need to be yet.  I hope we don't go all in at the trade deadline and give away draft picks - maybe next year or the year after but not this year.  The Bruins won the puck battles especially on the boards.  They were quicker on loose pucks.  Our forwards need to do a better job of backchecking so they can help our D more.  Also, too many give-aways.  This habit of giving up 35-45 shots has got to stop - we won't be able to sustain win streaks if we keep doing that.

Anyway, on to Minny and lets hope for a bounce back game. Go Canucks!

Edited by sockeye

2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

He had control of the puck before the blue line and after therefore he had possession as the puck crossed the blue line 

the league just set a terrible precedent tonight 

now they will have to check every play being reviewed to ensure the puck was in contact with the stick at the blue line entry 

Ummm. That's how the rule works. You have to touch the puck for it to be offside.

Edited by Gawdzukes