The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Wild, February 6 2020 - 5:00 PM PST

Rate this topic

therodigy

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Hey if McAvoy can get away with a retaliation beating on Beagle. Why can’t our guys lol

I’m thinking more that Petey needs to instigate the violence.  If a guy gets too close use his stick and carve him up.  Our whole team needs to be way more aggressive.  I don’t know if that’s just who our guys are, or if that’s the philosophy of the coach.  Someone posted here about getting our guys playing with a “pack” mentality.  To me, that attitude comes from the coach, and is invited upon from his players.  

The game is tough as hell, and our coaches need to teach that.  

36 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Boeser aint lighting up sh*t if hes playing on that 3rd line. Leave him on the 649 line.

Dude he plays every first unit power play shift and hasnt looked good in months.  Jake can score on the third line why can't Brock?

I love the guy but something is wrong with him that has nothing to do with ice time.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Bounce back game coming up! I feel like Gaud Brock and Eagle will get on the scoreboard tonight. Just also found out today that I’ll be going to dice & ice next Friday courtesy of one of the company suppliers. Let the good times roll and let’s roll up this wild stuff and smoke em!

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m thinking more that Petey needs to instigate the violence.  If a guy gets too close use his stick and carve him up.  Our whole team needs to be way more aggressive.  I don’t know if that’s just who our guys are, or if that’s the philosophy of the coach.  Someone posted here about getting our guys playing with a “pack” mentality.  To me, that attitude comes from the coach, and is invited upon from his players.  

The game is tough as hell, and our coaches need to teach that.  

I don’t know if that’s the greatest idea. I don’t want any one to jump Petey either. Love your passion though.

Hard to say but regardless their seems to be some disconnection between the fans, coaches and players when it comes to “Push Back”

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t know if that’s the greatest idea. I don’t want any one to jump Petey either. Love your passion though.

Hard to say but regardless their seems to be some disconnection between the fans, coaches and players when it comes to “Push Back”

The players are trying to keep their emotions in check and remained focused on the bigger picture. The fans do not need to do this and utilize the microscope.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Miller wants to score and won't want to sit for 5 minutes. Or hurt his Canknuckles

Exactly so I don’t see how MacEwen is going to change that. We have lots of players that can step up in the way that some fans want to see but they aren’t right now. The team is on the same page but not the same page as some of the fans

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Exactly so I don’t see how MacEwen is going to change that. We have lots of players that can step up in the way that some fans want to see but they aren’t right now. The team is on the same page but not the same page as some of the fans

and fight? who?

Edited by Hairy Kneel

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

and fight? who?

Mac has had one NHL fight in his career.

Just like Miller, Horvat, Sutter, Schaller, Pearson, Roussel, Sutter, Beagle not to mention the guys on the IR one of which has a concussion from a fight.

The all have multiple fighting majors in their career. Putting a player on a certain line isn’t going to change the culture 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Bess on the third line gives us a player on each line who can drive play.  Petey, Bo, Bess.  That’s a much more balanced team, and is more difficult to defend.

what we need is a smarter PP coach, who teaches several methods of zone entry and set up, so the players can adjust as needed. 

3rd line doesnt do f*k all with Bess on it. The lines are not more balanced when its not producing. Easy way to fix the Bess and Virtanen situation is to dump Eriksson on the 3rd. 

Powerplay has been top 10 for majority of the season and is just fine. Just in a funk at the moment wont be long before they get out of it.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ronning4center said:

Dude he plays every first unit power play shift and hasnt looked good in months.  Jake can score on the third line why can't Brock?

I love the guy but something is wrong with him that has nothing to do with ice time.

If Jake can score on the 3rd line thn put him back thr because Bess does not click with Gauds and Rous. We all know Bess puts up points with Petey and Miller.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Mac has had one NHL fight in his career.

Just like Miller, Horvat, Sutter, Schaller, Pearson, Roussel, Sutter, Beagle not to mention the guys on the IR one of which has a concussion from a fight.

The all have multiple fighting majors in their career. Putting a player on a certain line isn’t going to change the culture 

Big Mac has only 12 games with thee big club!

• Upvote 1