The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Wild, February 6 2020 - 5:00 PM PST

Rate this topic

therodigy

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

no goals, no assists, no hits, 1 sog

To me, he did look like he wanted to pot one for duke. 

Played with a lot more poise too in that 3rd line. 

I saw improvements unless u missed out on that. Probably his best game since his offensive struggle. 

Reading boxscore is not a good way to understand hockey lol. 

If u did watch that game, I feel sorry for ur short term memory. 

• Cheers 3

36 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

HOLY $#!TBALLS! I just watched the late hit on Petey - WHAT THE ACTUAL F? 

there's a point where I would throw away the 2 points just to have some frickin push back, let alone a game where we're eventually getting blown out anyways.. maybe a good ol fashioned Donnybrook would have woke the boys up and put Boston in their place, maybe the outcome isn't 4 - 0.. 

Glad I wasn't watching that game, I would have a broken tv.. 

Lol thank you ever so much for reinforcing my previous quotes.  I was soooo mad when I saw no pushback... 

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

I saw improvements unless u missed out on that. Probably his best game since his offensive struggle. 

Poise doesn't cut it. At the end of the day he's getting paid to put the puck in the net, and he's not doing very much of that at the moment. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Start playing with purpose and having a thorough process.

Since the break, the Canucks have had good moments, but they have been in isolated moments within the game instead of it being a consistent full effort.  Im not saying having a lights out 60 mins because that is seldom and very hard to do every game, but start to dictate the games more than the opposition.  Even in the 3 wins since coming back, the opposition has owned more than 50% of the game.

Need to start enforcing our will instead of waiting for things to happen. I love what JT said last post game, this team is good, they need to start skating with swagger and push the pace.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Answer the Boston crap at home. Absolutely dress Benn & MacEwen. MF only if he can fight.

Maybe even trade for one more MEANNNN motherf****r. First shift or two, go after PasterF*ck..hard.

This is Minnesota game thread 

40 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

I did watch the game and he looked nervous and unsure of himself in fornt of friends and family and hard to blame him there, given the context of the situation.  He didn't play good or bad, he was mostly unnoticeable, but I wouldn't say he played with fire in his eyes

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I did watch the game and he looked nervous and unsure of himself in fornt of friends and family and hard to blame him there, given the context of the situation.  He didn't play good or bad, he was mostly unnoticeable, but I wouldn't say he played with fire in his eyes

Not sure if u watched the same game that I watched. 

I saw a different game where he actually turned it up compared to his struggling performance in his previous games as well as the games following that game. 

He actually held the puck longer and tried to make plays and looked a lot more engaged that game. 

And I recall writing about that asepct in that PGT. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Timbermen said:

:picard:

You don’t want Petey to protect himself?  You’d rather see him get run over time and time again?  Look what Pavel Bure did to Churla.  Watch how Pavel uses his stick (earlier in the video) to protect himself too.  Hockey is a tough game, and Petey needs to get some mean going, especially with his stick. 

43 minutes ago, Ronning4center said:

Lol thank you ever so much for reinforcing my previous quotes.  I was soooo mad when I saw no pushback... 

Totally agree.  Do you think the Oilers or Flames would have stood around.  Although I dislike both of those teams they go to bat for each other when the other team is taking cheap shots.

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You don’t want Petey to protect himself?  You’d rather see him get run over time and time again?  Look what Pavel Bure did to Churla.  Watch how Pavel uses his stick (earlier in the video) to protect himself too.  Hockey is a tough game, and Petey needs to get some mean going, especially with his stick.

Alf, I think you need to post more modern day videos to prove your point. Nobody can play like that anymore. There fines and suspensions. Even legal issues If you use your stick like a mad man

Although I really did enjoy that video. That’s old some good ol time hockey

Edited by Devron44
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Now you are starting to sound like that little guy that JV18 ran over the other week...

Edited by HomeBrew
  • Haha 1