The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Rolling Stones Coming to BC Place on May 12, Ticket Sales Feb. 12 & 14.

DonLever

https://globalnews.ca/news/6515033/vancouver-canadian-date-rolling-stones-2020-no-filter-tour/

The rumours were true: The Rolling Stones are returning to Vancouver.

The legendary rockers announced their 2020 No Filter North American tour on Thursday, which will include a May 12 date at BC Place.

Speculation the band was coming to town began to mount on Monday when a large sign bearing the Stones’ “lips and tongue” logo and the message “Miss You” appeared outside the stadium.

It’s the second year in a row the band has taken the No Filter tour cross-continent.

The 2019 run, which was paused for several months while 77-year-old lead singer Mick Jagger underwent heart surgery, made a single stop in Ontario.

The 2020 tour will hit 15 cities across the continent, with Vancouver currently the only Canadian date.

Edited by DonLever
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Kelly Green said:

I'll be there to listen outside even if I can't get a ticket , and I thought they were ridiculous old fossils when they toured in '81!

Used to be able to get cheap tickets once the show started at BC Place , doubt thats still true today though.

Good luck !

I need 5 tickets LOL. I have my work cut out for me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

They should be paying us to watch.

I've always said that I give Jagger-Richards credit as a great songwriting team.....

.....it's just too bad those songs are recorded and performed by the Stones....

It also grates on me that Ronnie Wood (by far the best musician in the band) plays second fiddle to Keith Richards.

18 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I've always said that I give Jagger-Richards credit as a great songwriting team.....

.....it's just too bad those songs are recorded and performed by the Stones....

It also grates on me that Ronnie Wood (by far the best musician in the band) plays second fiddle to Keith Richards.

I agree to some extent.  There are definitely some questionable songs that written or performed by anyone probably wouldn’t be that great.  But I can’t agree that anyone else other than the drug and booze addled stones could deliver albums like:

exile on main street

sticky fingers

Let it bleed

beggars banquet 

obviously subjective but I really enjoyed the sometimes sloppy imperfect elements  to those albums mixed with the perfect ones.

and yeah, poaching Ron wood from the faces was arguably the best move they ever made as a band.

edit

and of course I don’t want to see or hear any of that performed now.

Edited by riffraff

Stones tickets are/were cheaper than Rage against the Machine Tickets.

Bought my 4 Rage tickets for $170 per.

Sold them on StubHub 30 minutes ago for $310 per

Bought myself solid Stones tickets and pockets some $$

Rage against the ridiculous prices

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2