The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Rolling Stones Coming to BC Place on May 12, Ticket Sales Feb. 12 & 14.

DonLever

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

The concert that is an actual not to miss is Rage Against the Machine with Run the Jewels opening on May 1st. 

Tickets sold out in minutes.  I got mine :)

Got mine too. Saw them at the Plaza of Nations for the Evil Empire tour. Unreal.

• Cheers 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 7:43 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

I've always said that I give Jagger-Richards credit as a great songwriting team.....

.....it's just too bad those songs are recorded and performed by the Stones....

It also grates on me that Ronnie Wood (by far the best musician in the band) plays second fiddle to Keith Richards.

As did Mick Taylor. And Brian Jones.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Stones tickets are/were cheaper than Rage against the Machine Tickets.

Bought my 4 Rage tickets for $170 per.

Sold them on StubHub 30 minutes ago for $310 per

Bought myself solid Stones tickets and pockets some $$

Rage against the ridiculous prices

Shameless capitalist.  I'm going to tell Ryan Strome.

:P

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Shameless capitalist.  I'm going to tell Ryan Strome.

:P

Meh.

Lol.  I've seen rage.  I've seen Morello.  Missed audioslave.

But prime seats for the stones?

Ya man...I can swing that.  Just need to hide it from the wife until StubHub clears the $$ back

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Where'd you see Rage?

lol dating myself here, but 97 in Vancouver, Sept.  Skipped out the first week of school to see them.  Evil Empire tour.  Saw them in Seattle too.  Can't see myself buying tickets to this knowing it's a money making tour.  Would be like seeing Motley True and Vince the meal Neil at this age.  I don't want to remember them for this

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 2

Don't want to see the Stones. Only ever liked a hand full of tunes.

Don't want to see Rage. 

Love them, one of the best groups ever imo ( funny to say that in a Stones thread). However, I don't want to taint my memory of one of the best live shows I have attended...Rage with House of Pain at 86 Street in Van. '94.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

lol dating myself here, but 97 in Vancouver, Sept.  Skipped out the first week of school to see them.  Evil Empire tour.  Saw them in Seattle too.  Can't see myself buying tickets to this knowing it's a money making tour.  Would be like seeing Motley True and Vince the meal Neil at this age.  I don't want to remember them for this

Plaza of Nations? I was there. It was incredible. I’m hearing that they’re donating a huge amount of the proceeds to charities. Hopefully true. I’m going. Going to see the Stones too. 

Supposedly Zack De La Rocha has been in training for 2 months now in preparation for the tour. 

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Don't want to see the Stones. Only ever liked a hand full of tunes.

Don't want to see Rage. 

Love them, one of the best groups ever imo ( funny to say that in a Stones thread). However, I don't want to taint my memory of one of the best live shows I have attended...Rage with House of Pain at 86 Street in Van. '94.

I was thinking the same but then I remembered seeing Soundgarden in 2010 when they reformed and being blown away by how good they still were after seeing them at Lollapalooza in 1992. Yes, I’m old. 

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I was thinking the same but then I remembered seeing Soundgarden in 2010 when they reformed and being blown away by how good they still were after seeing them at Lollapalooza in 1992. Yes, I’m old. 

I know, i might be just telling myself I don't want to go because I didn't snag tix.

You feel old? I went to the first Lollapalooza....it was out in a field in Enuclaw WA.

Do you remember that line up?

Jane's Addiction, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Violent Femmes, Rollins Band, Fishbone, Butthole Surfers, Ice T, Body Count,

Man, what a day that was. Can't believe mum let my 2 friends and I drive down. We were 16. Thank you mum. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2020 at 3:00 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Got mine too. Saw them at the Plaza of Nations for the Evil Empire tour. Unreal.

I had tickets to two of their shows....both fell apart. Once tour cancelled (with Wu Tang Clan) and I cannot recall other reason. This is my last bucket list band...other than Led Zeppelin...which will never happen..   :metal:

19 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Soundgarden were awesome at Pembyfest. 

20 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I had tickets to two of their shows....both fell apart. Once tour cancelled (with Wu Tang Clan) and I cannot recall other reason. This is my last bucket list band...other than Led Zeppelin...which will never happen..   :metal:

Led Zeppelin would have been unreal. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Led Zeppelin would have been unreal. 

I entered the lottery for tickets when they did that last show and put away 10 grand for the trip.  Cheapest i could find a ticket for was 2500 pounds. Almost did it...regret not doing it now...