Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Wayne Simmonds

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Simmonds is done.  Has been done for 2 years.  Not the guy we need.

Nope. I'd get Dillion instead. Toughness on the back end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Nope. I'd get Dillion instead. Toughness on the back end.

I wonder if we could afford to resign Dillon too?  Local boy, right? 

• Hydration 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if we could afford to resign Dillon too?  Local boy, right? 

I'd try but Stecher and or Benn would have to go I think????

The weird thing about the d core is I don't like the way it's designed. Hughes and Stecher are redundant.  No one with a cannon. Benn and Dillion are redundant. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chris12345 said:

I'd try but Stecher and or Benn would have to go I think????

The weird thing about the d core is I don't like the way it's designed. Hughes and Stecher are redundant.  No one with a cannon. Benn and Dillion are redundant. 

Good point.  It’s almost like JB is counting on (preventing against) injury?  Myers and Tanev?  Does that mean that Tanev, Stecher, and Fanta are all gonzo after this season?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Good point.  It’s almost like JB is counting on (preventing against) injury?  Myers and Tanev?  Does that mean that Tanev, Stecher, and Fanta are all gonzo after this season?  

I don't think they are all gone but it's a pickle.

Jimmy has to figure out the tendy first.

After that it will give him a better idea as to what is left. Then he can work on Tanev. If and when that happens and depending on the $ Stecher is outta here. Fanta can stay he is an awesome 7 guy.

If Tanev goes, Stecher stays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

I don't think they are all gone but it's a pickle.

Jimmy has to figure out the tendy first.

After that it will give him a better idea as to what is left. Then he can work on Tanev. If and when that happens and depending on the $ Stecher is outta here. Fanta can stay he is an awesome 7 guy.

If Tanev goes, Stecher stays.

That JD Burke character from TSN 1040 said that his analytical numbers said Stecher is better than Tanev and we should keep him and let Tanev walk.  Does that seem right to you?  Stecher is a lot younger, but I thought Tanev is better? 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That JD Burke character from TSN 1040 said that his analytical numbers said Stecher is better than Tanev and we should keep him and let Tanev walk.  Does that seem right to you?  Stecher is a lot younger, but I thought Tanev is better? 

I know this is blasphemy on this site but I don't like Stecher.

Anything Stecher can do Hughes can do 10 x better and I don't like 2 undersized dman on the back end. 

If the playoffs get nasty, one dman will get hurt and one will end up in the box. You can't roll 2/4 dman that weigh less than me when I was in grade 7. They'll get killed in a long run.

Having said that rant Tanev would get hurt too but when healthy I prefer Tanev.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's a really tough call because you can't lose both.

If Tanev walks and I was Stecher's agent I'd ask for big coin.

It'll be an interesting summer.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What would you do?

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

What would you do?

I’d like to keep both Tanev and Stecher, but I think JB’s kind of ruined that with some of his other signings. 

I’d like to keep both Tanev and Stecher, but I think JB’s kind of ruined that with some of his other signings. 

The other obvious curve ball is what you can actually get for each one. 

As much as I don't like Stecher there's no point in moving him for fun.

The other obvious curve ball is what you can actually get for each one. 

As much as I don't like Stecher there's no point in moving him for fun.

I agree.  Stecher has no value.  His coming QO will be way more than he’s worth.  He’s this year’s Hutton.  Tanev carries a lot of value.  Lots of playoff teams would give an arm and a leg to get him.  

I agree.  Stecher has no value.  His coming QO will be way more than he’s worth.  He’s this year’s Hutton.  Tanev carries a lot of value.  Lots of playoff teams would give an arm and a leg to get him.  

I just poured some Monkey Shoulder!

• Hydration 1

I just poured some Monkey Shoulder!

Poured?  What’s that?  Too much chance fir spillage.  Drink from the bottle.  :towel:Consider it a giant teet, I do.  

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Poured?  What’s that?  Too much chance fir spillage.  Drink from the bottle.  :towel:Consider it a giant teet, I do.  

Risk of backwash as I continously drink and eat. Imagine cheezies in the bottle!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Cmon now Stetcher doesn’t deserve to be put in the garbage bin with Hutton. 

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, ButterBean said:

Cmon now Stetcher doesn’t deserve to be put in the garbage bin with Hutton. 

In a cap system yes he kind of does.  I like Troy but he will be playing for 1.5 on a one year deal on a different team next season.  At leSt Hutton is big.  Troy, as much as we love him, is a Smurf, who provides zero offence. 

3 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

It's a really tough call because you can't lose both.

If Tanev walks and I was Stecher's agent I'd ask for big coin.

It'll be an interesting summer.

Yeah, it'll be interesting for sure. Stetcher, though a good player, i'm not sure deserves Tanev money (5 million per??). 

Tanev can't seem to stay healthy over the course of an 82 game season, and I'm not convinced that he can stay healthy even in a 7 game series. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

In a cap system yes he kind of does.  I like Troy but he will be playing for 1.5 on a one year deal on a different team next season.  At leSt Hutton is big.  Troy, as much as we love him, is a Smurf, who provides zero offence. 

Stetcher might be a "smurf", but he's got heart. I'd rather have a player that has a ton of heart, than height and no heart (Myers). 

• Hydration 1

10 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

I know this is blasphemy on this site but I don't like Stecher.

Anything Stecher can do Hughes can do 10 x better and I don't like 2 undersized dman on the back end. 

If the playoffs get nasty, one dman will get hurt and one will end up in the box. You can't roll 2/4 dman that weigh less than me when I was in grade 7. They'll get killed in a long run.

Having said that rant Tanev would get hurt too but when healthy I prefer Tanev.

Keeping Stecher smacks of building a regular season contender versus a CUP contender. It works during the 82 games but not the 16 that count. 

• Like 2