Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Wayne Simmonds

2 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

don't give up anymore picks!!!!!!!

I don't know what Simmonds adds, he is too slow for the game now

Virtanen +OJ for palmieri

they should have traded for Palmieri instead of toffoli

OJ+ Madden + 2020 2nd for palmieri lol

That deserves, at least, a temporary posting ban.  I wouldn't trade either of them straight up for Palmieri

• Upvote 1

A couple things.

1.) Simmonds is a power forward and a tough player that holds his own, but i don't see him being a type of 4th line fighter type where his primary function is to stick up for teammates. He's not the 30 goal scorer he was anymore, so if its just pure "toughness" the canucks are looking for then I would hope for a cheaper option.

2.) I feel like the Canucks team culture is just soft in general.

I don't want to diss the Sedins, but during their era was when that was highlighted (Boston series still a clear representation).. way different from the WCE era with guys like Bert, Jovo...etc.

Most of the core right now were pupils of that culture and we can still see it now. Even though JB signs guys like Ferland, Roussel, Benn.. its clear that this team has a problem standing up for one another and most of the time exemplifies a passive attitude when their stars being taken advantage of.

I think EVEN IF you were to add Simmonds, this team would still have that lingering "toughness" issue.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Trade Canucks 2020 4th rounder, Rathbone and next seasons 2nd should do it.

this is the year.

You wanna side of salt to go with your supersized salt ‘sammich? Perhaps some seawater to wash it all down followed by a salt bath?

18 minutes ago, riffraff said:

You wanna side of salt to go with your supersized salt ‘sammich? Perhaps some seawater to wash it all down followed by a salt bath?

I saw the light of CDC wants.

It’s TDL deals...trading Picks and a Prospect. CDC should welcoming the Simmonds Trade.

Rathbone a 4th and next years 2nd is a do able trade....why do I feel your upset.

this is the year......fyi this is a sarcastic post....about how insane CDC is.

Edited by HockeyHarry

19 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I saw the light of CDC wants.

It’s TDL deals...trading Picks and a Prospect. CDC should welcoming the Simmonds Trade.

Rathbone a 4th and next years 2nd is a do able trade....why do I feel your upset.

this is the year......fyi this is a sarcastic post....about how insane CDC is.

The CDC may indeed be insane but, unless I'm missing something, nobody has suggested a trade remotely as one-sided as the one you sarcastically suggest.

Take a deep breath bro! The kids will be alright and there's plenty of them! Most of us are in favour of building a stockpile of prospects (and JB and company have done a masterful job) but its okay to spend a little of that reserve from time to time. The system like ours doesn't fall apart when you move out two of its pieces, unless that is literally all you have as building blocks. 

Stop worrying so much! It's not real life (though we all, admittedly, get wrapped up in it).

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

what do you guys think about Tryamkin for Miles Wood? 

Wood is good, solid trade but he’s signed beyond this year which further complicates the cap he’s not expensive but he’s not cheap either 2.75 million. I’d get wood if we could send out Sutter or Beagle though and yes I see the pun. 

26 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Wood is good, solid trade but he’s signed beyond this year which further complicates the cap he’s not expensive but he’s not cheap either 2.75 million. I’d get wood if we could send out Sutter or Beagle though and yes I see the pun. 

Beartschi + Tryamkin could work. 

7 prospects.

Guessing 4 Forwards, 2 D, 1G

F:

1) Podkolzin

2) Hoglander

3) Lockwood ( JB has always loved this guy)

4) Jonah Gadjovich (will be a 4th liner maybe 3rd)

D:

1) Juolevi

2) Rathbone

G:

1) Dipetro

To Van:

Miles wood

To NJD:

Kole Lind

2021 3rd round pick

2021 5th conditional pick ( if Canucks win 1 playoff round)

Pass on Simmonds.  People want to acquire the Simmonds from 3-4 years ago.  He is not the same player.  Nashville did that mistake last year and it didn't pay off.

Instead of paying the premium for Simmonds (paying for his past performances not his current) and his 5M cap hit... i'd rather pay for a low profile big body 3rd/4th liner if we want to add some grit for the playoff.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Giving up any of those defensemen, especially Tryamkin, Juolevi, Woo, and Rafferty would be a mistake. Frankly, pursuing Simmonds might be a mistake. His play has really taken a nosedive, and I doubt he would be the difference-maker many are hoping he'd be.

• Cheers 3