The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Wayne Simmonds

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Maybe we should not sign Markstrom then. Demko is the shorter goalie between the two. 

:bigblush:

HAHA, I knew someone would say something like that. I have to say i'm not against larger goalies, it's just how it's worked out historically. I love Marky and honestly would keep him over Demko. I am drooling of a future with Marky and DiPietro as our 1/2 punch in net for many years to come. Marky is one of the most athletic large goalies i've seen, he can move so quickly out there. Usually you only see the smaller goalies move like that! At the end of the day, I would love Marky to prove me wrong!

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Attila Umbrus said:

HAHA, I knew someone would say something like that. I have to say i'm not against larger goalies, it's just how it's worked out historically. I love Marky and honestly would keep him over Demko. I am drooling of a future with Marky and DiPietro as our 1/2 punch in net for many years to come. Marky is one of the most athletic large goalies i've seen, he can move so quickly out there. Usually you only see the smaller goalies move like that! At the end of the day, I would love Marky to prove me wrong!

Cheers!

In terms of goalie. I'm still for the younger goalie in Demko. I think he can haunt us for years, especially if Seattle chooses to go with him. 

Markstrom, i'm not entirely convinced because he's had one good season, but he hasn't actually demonstrated this over a longer ish extended period of time. I'd love, like you, to be proven wrong of course with Marky.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

In terms of goalie. I'm still for the younger goalie in Demko. I think he can haunt us for years, especially if Seattle chooses to go with him. 

Markstrom, i'm not entirely convinced because he's had one good season, but he hasn't actually demonstrated this over a longer ish extended period of time. I'd love, like you, to be proven wrong of course with Marky.

I know, i'd hate to be the GM...you know this will burn you if it goes south lol.

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

I can’t imagine Juolevi has anywhere near that kind of value at this point 

It would be a good move trade OJ to the Habs for their coming first.  I accept we lose the trade, but JB did say he wanted to get more picks, especially with TBay getting our first this draft.  It would make up fir the Habs basically giving away Sergachev. 

12 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I know, i'd hate to be the GM...you know this will burn you if it goes south lol.

I get the sense that Benning and his team is leaning towards signing the more proven goalie, which would be Markstrom. 

I think Demko will eventually be dealt for prospects and picks. Probably won't get full value (seems to be a trend with this management). 

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It would be a good move trade OJ to the Habs for their coming first.  I accept we lose the trade, but JB did say he wanted to get more picks, especially with TBay getting our first this draft.  It would make up fir the Habs basically giving away Sergachev. 

I'm not sure i agree with the bolded, Alf. 

31 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I get the sense that Benning and his team is leaning towards signing the more proven goalie, which would be Markstrom. 

I think Demko will eventually be dealt for prospects and picks. Probably won't get full value (seems to be a trend with this management). 

Miller says hi :)

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

Keep checking to see if old man Simmonds Is traded to someone other then Canucks so I can relax a little 

Relax with the old man. He is 31 not 40. He is 2 years removed from a 24 goal year. Was on pace for 21 goals last year before he got traded to the Predators. The guy would have no problem playing in this teams top 9. 

15 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Relax with the old man. He is 31 not 40. He is 2 years removed from a 24 goal year. Was on pace for 21 goals last year before he got traded to the Predators. The guy would have no problem playing in this teams top 9. 

No he would be brutal. 3 points on Nashville. He’s not that old, fair point but some players hit there last strides quicker then others. You don’t go from being a 60 point guy and fall that quick if it was otherwise 

18 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

His size? Lol he is 6'0 not 5'3. Yes average NHL goalie is 6'2" but c'mon...Halak and Khudobin are both 5'11" and in the top 5 in GGA right now. 

Also, last year's cup winning goalie...6'1. 

My take, Demko is more of a sure thing as we have seen him play well...he just needs more games! Sign Marky then let Seattle take him, or the bold move let him walk and sign a cheaper G for 1or 2 years and expose them to seattle. Halak or Khudobin both of which have great #s because they are BACKup G in the NHL. Give them the reigns as a #1 with a poor back up and watch the stats drop dramatically...

If a Stecher/Dipietro package can get you Kapanen and Barrie... why not!?

2 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Keep checking to see if old man Simmonds Is traded to someone other then Canucks so I can relax a little 

Same here, I am hoping we can send Sven plus or Stecher for Miles Wood.

I'd take Simmonds @ 50% retained for a middling prospect like a left D prospect like Sautner/Teves plus Goldy? Or for Sven with 25% retained by us?

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Same here, I am hoping we can send Sven plus or Stecher for Miles Wood.

I'd take Simmonds @ 50% retained for a middling prospect like a left D prospect like Sautner/Teves plus Goldy? Or for Sven with 25% retained by us?

If it’s going to benefit us next year then sure I’m ok for bringing Simmonds along. But really he’s just going to fill a roster spot this year and see ya later. MacEwen deserves to play imo. I can just picture us getting Simmonds and Loui still stays in the line-up I’d be pissed seeing those 2 in line-up instead of MacEwen or even Gaudette maybe gets taken out if they acquire Simmonds 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

You just can’t stop yourself from saying ridiculous things.  Montreal will keep their high 1st and Vancouver can keep their future LTIR D 

13 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

If it’s going to benefit us next year then sure I’m ok for bringing Simmonds along. But really he’s just going to fill a roster spot this year and see ya later. MacEwen deserves to play imo. I can just picture us getting Simmonds and Loui still stays in the line-up I’d be pissed seeing those 2 in line-up instead of MacEwen or even Gaudette maybe gets taken out if they acquire Simmonds 

I agree, we made our move let Mac or Bailey play out the year. try to get Bogo to sign here for cheap for the rest of the year then we can move  a D or 2 out. Fantenberg should net a 4th or 5th probly!

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You just can’t stop yourself from saying ridiculous things.  Montreal will keep their high 1st and Vancouver can keep their future LTIR D 

As a true Canuck’s fan, and on a Canuck’s site I see OJ as a guy the Habs not only want but greatly need.  If the Habs had any players or prospects of value I would expect a package of those in return fo OJ.  But since the Hab’s cupboards are bare, I will take their first.  Again, I accept we are losing the trade, so to even things out I would insist the Habs swallow Loui Eriksson.  

Seriously, why are you (obviously a Hab’s fan) on our board?  I wouldn’t go to your board and badmouth your players, prospects, and GM.  

I’ll admit Montreal is a wonderful city, just not in winter, or during flood season, or under any crumbling bridges/overpasses.  

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

As a true Canuck’s fan, and on a Canuck’s site I see OJ as a guy the Habs not only want but greatly need.  If the Habs had any players or prospects of value I would expect a package of those in return fo OJ.  But since the Hab’s cupboards are bare, I will take their first.  Again, I accept we are losing the trade, so to even things out I would insist the Habs swallow Loui Eriksson.  

Seriously, why are you (obviously a Hab’s fan) on our board?  I wouldn’t go to your board and badmouth your players, prospects, and GM.  

I’ll admit Montreal is a wonderful city, just not in winter, or during flood season, or under any crumbling bridges/overpasses.  

I live in BC and watch pretty much every Canucks game. There are a number of intelligent, thoughtful posters here with whom I can have actual intelligent conversations with.  You don’t  number among them. I’ve had you on ignore for awhile and Every so often I peek to see what idiotic thing you’ll say next. And you never disappoint. 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I live in BC and watch pretty much every Canucks game. There are a number of intelligent, thoughtful posters here with whom I can have actual intelligent conversations with.  You do t number amount them. I’ve had you on ignore for awhile and Every so often I peek to see what idiotic thing you’ll say next. And you never disappoint. 

Harsh guy.