The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Wayne Simmonds

2 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

Phew,we can’t fit him under the cap. Nucks are out. 
to many bad contracts benning has handcuffed himself. This summer could be ugly. And if we miss the POs it might be the summer of Judd. 

Im glad they are out, if that’s true. I bet they weren’t even in to begin with ;)

Also thanks Mr. Positive 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Im glad they are out, if that’s true. I bet they weren’t even in to begin with ;)

Also thanks Mr. Positive 

Yeah I’m glad they are out too.  4 years ago maybe but not this year.  He was traded to Nashville and struggled, then went to NJ and struggled.  That is a trend where you realize he’s past his prime. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Still think MacEwen is a better faster option, I honestly have Mac in over rousell right now 

Mac and Roussel in and Loui out.  There is no way Eriksson should be in the lineup over either of those two other than the fact he may leave after his bonus this summer if they don't embarass him by sitting him out.  There is no other rational reason.  Bailey didn't even get a game when he was up and MacEwen sits.  What does this tell your players who are working hard and deserve an opportunity.  

• Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Yeah I’m glad they are out too.  4 years ago maybe but not this year.  He was traded to Nashville and struggled, then went to NJ and struggled.  That is a trend where you realize he’s past his prime. 

The whole thing has me flabbergasted since the rumour came out. It would be an awful pick-up. The only player I’d take out of the lineup for him would be Loui and highly likely that ain’t happening. Imagine sitting Guadette or Motte. Maybe Rousell I guess. The whole thing seems silly.

Part of me just doesn’t buy it and part of me is scared that it wasn’t just a rumour. Or that was the backup plan if the Toffoli trade didn’t go. But after it did and the clowns saying JB still trying to get Simmonds made no sense at all to me

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Mac and Roussel in and Loui out.  There is no way Eriksson should be in the lineup over either of those two other than the fact he may leave after his bonus this summer if they don't embarass him by sitting him out.  There is no other rational reason.  Bailey didn't even get a game when he was up and MacEwen sits.  What does this tell your players who are working hard and deserve an opportunity.  

This is what I’ve been hoping the reasons for him playing the whole time he’s been in the lineup. Green sat him at the start of the year. I’m wondering if JB had something to say about that. I hope so, that’s what I’m hanging onto. And if that’s the case fine! But he cannot be on the roster after his bonus this summer. Period 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Bailey got 2 games when he was up I believe, not much of a look buried on the 4th, I was a little disgusted in green scratching Big Mac last game he did everything he needed to keep himself in the lineup but still got scratched, I really liked Louis game vs minny but he hasn’t been consistent enough and has had more than his fair share of top 6 mins. Give the kid 10 games see what happens on Bo’s wing, I feel like he has potential to give that spark this lineup needs and it’s FREE! Lol  

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

An Erikssom for Simmonds deal would be interesting but we'd have to add something, hope Baertschi would be enough?

Otherwise Juolevi + Eriksson for Simmonds + Butcher

Eriksson is signed for 3 more years... Simmonds is UFA.  Because of this, Simmonds has far more value.  Loui is a dead contract... negative value in a cap league. If he can still defend in 2 years, he’ll then be worth what Simmonds is now... which ain’t much. 

And your not getting Butcher for Juolevi, who’s value has plummeted. 

Edited by 70seven

9 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Bailey got 2 games when he was up I believe, not much of a look buried on the 4th, I was a little disgusted in green scratching Big Mac last game he did everything he needed to keep himself in the lineup but still got scratched, I really liked Louis game vs minny but he hasn’t been consistent enough and has had more than his fair share of top 6 mins. Give the kid 10 games see what happens on Bo’s wing, I feel like he has potential to give that spark this lineup needs and it’s FREE! Lol  

I agree regarding MacEwen.  My bad regarding Bailey.  He did get into 2 games but not much of an opportunity.  

image.png.4676ba2a66461a1c6061dd0cca751523.png

9 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

To put it in perspective he just scored his 8th goal of the year.  Myers has 6 and Eriksson has 5.

On a very poor Devils team.

It also doesn’t really matter that he’s past his prime offensively. We’d be acquiring him more for his style of play. Guy plays with the swagger that we don’t currently have.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

On a very poor Devils team.

It also doesn’t really matter that he’s past his prime offensively. We’d be acquiring him more for his style of play. Guy plays with the swagger that we don’t currently have.

As long as the cost is on the lower side because I think MacEwen plays with the same swagger.  The delta at this point is not worth the assets to give up.