The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Wayne Simmonds

11 minutes ago, Pears said:

Did he forget we couldn’t make it work cap wise?

That is only based on an original New Jersey ask.  

If they couldn’t make a better deal, they could take back Baertschi and retain salary and it would work out fine.

Commodore actually gets a reasonable number of these right.  If any roster players are going the other way, we probably wouldn’t know until after tonight.  I would also expect it to be pretty last minute with Jersey seeing if anyone would up their price right up until as close the deadline as they can without suitors moving on to other targets.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Can’t wait for this stupid rumour to be done. What a dumb one.. Simmonds c’mon

JB likes Simmonds.  But he’s trying to make a bigger deal than just getting Simmonds.  He wants to dump s crap contract on Jersey in the process.  That’s why the Juiolevi rumours.  JB likely has an offer on the table like Stecher, Juiolevi and Baer, for Simmonds, wood, and Severenson.  We get what we need, and dump cap.  Jersey gets a top prospect.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

JB likes Simmonds.  But he’s trying to make a bigger deal than just getting Simmonds.  He wants to dump s crap contract on Jersey in the process.  That’s why the Juiolevi rumours.  JB likely has an offer on the table like Stecher, Juiolevi and Baer, for Simmonds, wood, and Severenson.  We get what we need, and dump cap.  Jersey gets a top prospect.  

We’d be robbing them blind if that’s the case. Why even include Simmonds. He’s on an expiring contract. You’d be literally taking an Adam Gaudette or Tyler Motte out of the line up. I’m totally against that 

2 minutes ago, brian42 said:

NJ could retain cap or we could deal Baertschi, definitely doable. I’m ok giving up a decent prospect if we dump a contract but Simmonds isn’t going to be a difference maker IMO.

If they could get a third and a prospect they would have already done a deal by now.

My guess is that they’re hoping that teams who miss out on adding size and toughness with a guy like Kreider will get desperate and pay up for Simmonds.

34 minutes ago, Provost said:

That is only based on an original New Jersey ask.  

If they couldn’t make a better deal, they could take back Baertschi and retain salary and it would work out fine.

Commodore actually gets a reasonable number of these right.  If any roster players are going the other way, we probably wouldn’t know until after tonight.  I would also expect it to be pretty last minute with Jersey seeing if anyone would up their price right up until as close the deadline as they can without suitors moving on to other targets.

Didn’t he say Spooner for McGinn last year? Book it, he said lol

9 minutes ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

If we could somehow get rid of Loui Eriksson in this deal, Jim Benning needs a street named after him in Vancouver 

I don't see anyone in the system being able to do the little things quite as well as Eriksson though. Simmonds might actually make himself noticeable in a positive way with his physicality. Keep Eriksson for the memes I say.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I like the idea of this, especially because Simmonds is a rental. We likely would have to add a pick, or a B-prospect as well 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I would even add on our side to get wood and severson, 

I love severson and think he would be perfect on our team. IMO, this is the exact trade we need

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

that would be quite the deal. Can't see it being without any picks leaving but even still, that would be great.