The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Feb. 06, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

I agree as far as the Greenway check on Jake after the whistle 

I actually think the foligno hit on fantenburg was clean 

Yeah, it was close enough to the whistle, I couldn't blame him for making the hit.

However, he shoulda been tossed after attacking Mac, and not still in the game to be able to hit Fantenberd in the first place. 

40 minutes ago, NightHawkSniper said:

Sutter is better in a defensive aspect, shame we dont 't have beyond Pettersson in terms of  offense Boeser doesn't dare make a deadly shot this season.

Sutter has no grit or heart disappears just saw much as LE and he’s equally disappointing to watch dump it in with no chance of retrieval over and over. 

Not sure why boeser was put on  A third line while perennial disappointment LE get 2nd line duty seems his confidence is down.  Demotions  tend to have that effect. 

Soon as they revert to the dump and chase the games over we lose. 

Good to see jv and Mac to bad only three guys finish their checks the rest like sutter turn off... soft no with balls. 

13 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If both them start getting hot we're gonna go streaking again.

They are still young kids. They’ll figure it out. Every post championship interview ever starts off with how they learned from the hard times. Can’t wait till they’re covered in champagne talking about the game on Feb 6th against the wild where they hit rock bottom. 

9 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

Sutter has no grit or heart disappears just saw much as LE and he’s equally disappointing to watch dump it in with no chance of retrieval over and over. 

Not sure why boeser was put on  A third line while perennial disappointment LE get 2nd line duty seems his confidence is down.  Demotions  tend to have that effect. 

Soon as they revert to the dump and chase the games over we lose. 

Good to see jv and Mac to bad only three guys finish their checks the rest like sutter turn off... soft no with balls. 

I consider Sutter as a Malhotra replacement. If this team can't deal with Pettersson's absence then I doubt we get further than the 2nd round. Only player that has some fire is Miller, Virtanen and Marky when times get tough.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hey Guys!! said:

They are still young kids. They’ll figure it out. Every post championship interview ever starts off with how they learned from the hard times. Can’t wait till they’re covered in champagne talking about the game on Feb 6th against the wild where they hit rock bottom. 

Rock bottom.. pfft. 

That's 2016-18 talk.

• Like 1

As crappy as the last 2 games have been, I’m taking a different spin it. 

As much as I want the Canucks to be in 1st, and in the playoffs, our core players are young, and learning. We need crappy games like the last 2 not only for the young players to learn, but for management and coaching to see what is exposed and needs to be fixed. I have a feeling in a couple years, we won’t be seeing games like this. The core will be experienced, stronger, and have a better supporting cast.

im just glad the last 2 games were also on the road. Imagine dishing out $100+/seat, plus beer and dogs for a dud game like these 2?

Go Canucks!

I believe!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

As crappy as the last 2 games have been, I’m taking a different spin it. 

As much as I want the Canucks to be in 1st, and in the playoffs, our core players are young, and learning. We need crappy games like the last 2 not only for the young players to learn, but for management and coaching to see what is exposed and needs to be fixed. I have a feeling in a couple years, we won’t be seeing games like this. The core will be experienced, stronger, and have a better supporting cast.

im just glad the last 2 games were also on the road. Imagine dishing out $100+/seat, plus beer and dogs for a dud game like these 2?

Go Canucks!

I believe!

Agree with your first point for sure, but the Canucks need to be better on the road. They have the desire but need to figure out how to play their game vs checking lines

2 hours ago, StiffStick33 said:

Just fished the game.. Mann that powerplay is soooo trash. Good to see Boes stepping up and getting opportunities. Pretty happy with the team 5on5. Just unfortunate they can’t produce with a man up. Looking back, our cup-run team back in 2010/2011 was so successful because of special teams. You always had a good feeling when they got that opportunity. The momentum swing when they get one is what kept them in game.

they scored all of ther goals on the power play

2 hours ago, apollo said:

He's fine don't worry. In this interview he says he didn't get hurt as bad as the Matheson play. It's minor and he'll be back next game in all likelihood. 

Had this not been the 5th game of a rough road trip, the boys prob win this game even without Petey. 

No harm, carry on. We're still in first place. 

Cheers Apollo.

• Cheers 1