The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Feb. 06, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just fished the game.. Mann that powerplay is soooo trash. Good to see Boes stepping up and getting opportunities. Pretty happy with the team 5on5. Just unfortunate they can’t produce with a man up. Looking back, our cup-run team back in 2010/2011 was so successful because of special teams. You always had a good feeling when they got that opportunity. The momentum swing when they get one is what kept them in game.

9 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Many posters here are saying that team is tired at the end of 5 games road trip. Fair enough.

But , after 3 games Canucks had 5 points going into Boston for the game #4. So, why at this point not to play BigMac, Bailey and Benn and give some guys a day or two off? What Canucks had to loose at that point? Now we have Bailey who was hot at AHL level and probably has already lost all momentum having spent a week without game action. Why not play him today when Petey was out?

Another thing is - why start Marky today? Demko could hold the fort and give Marky a day off to be ready for Saturday's game.

I am not criticizing coach Green decision, but as a manager myself, I am really interested in his decision making process. I would be really happy if someone from media asks him about that.

Players don't like to sit. 

And the reason why we are in the situation we are in is because of those players. 

So it's not easy scratching them all of a sudden like they are being used up. 

It's fair to have the players play their way out of the lineup.

And in this case, because our road trip started out with so much success, there just wasnt enough reason.

But we do now. 

Next game, I could see us giving Bailey a shot. Big Mac should stick, too. 

I, too, woulda liked to see Demmer tonight instead of Marky as this was a good occasion to play Demmer. 

But Marky likes to play many games and it's kind of hard to overrule him after all he has done this year.

I expect Marky to start again on Saturday. And that should give them indications on how often he should play in the following weeks. 

Nucks need to get rid of some guys Sutter schaller  LE all provide zero. Get some guys with some grit and heart something those three lack. 

This is what this team looks like with average goaltending YIKES. 

Hope edler and Myers don’t get any slower next year.