The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Flames @ Canucks | 02.08.2020 - 7:00PM PST - CBC | Tkachuk the Mutant NHL Turtle

Rate this topic

Brad Marchand

1 hour ago, apollo said:

He looks eager to get back on the ice. I think he'll be better for us than any TDL acquisition. 

Ferland will go down as one of the best Canucks ever. 

I love your enthusiasm and hope your prediction comes true.  But that's asking for the moon and the stars... I prefer your first sentence.  THAT is very possible.  And if so, we will be a very well balanced team.  

What I can see... To your second point, if he is in full health and can play to his strengths, because of his long layoff and humbling experience with his health.  I don't think he will take anything for granted, and as a result, might very well be a 'man possessed', on a mission to search and destroy.  

It will be very interesting to see if these concussions will make him overly cautious or just more selective.  

I agree though, that to me he's the wild card and could very well tip the scales in favor for a long playoff run.  :towel:

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

What a stupid sentence.

Boeser is 22 years old on pace for 70 points. But yeah....you...some guy.....thinks the play dies on his stick.

Get a job pal.  :frantic:

Also look what he's gone through this year, almost lost his dad. He's a good player, slumps happen. He'll be fine.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, apollo said:

He looks eager to get back on the ice. I think he'll be better for us than any TDL acquisition. 

Ferland will go down as one of the best Canucks ever. 

Only if he scores the Stanley Cup Winning Goal.

He's signed for 4 seasons. I think there's a chance he does that. We'll make playoffs next 4 seasons so he definitely has a chance..

1 hour ago, Silent Man said:

Yes, exactly. But , at the end of the day, it is his prime responsibility to ice the best possible line up, he is paid to do that. I hope one of the media guys would ask him something like -:" How you made a decision to play LE and Schaller when Bailey and Big Mac were available? What was your thought process?"

With playoff race so close, I think Green goes with the guys he knows and trusts.  He does know Mac a bit, but really hasn't much on Bailey.

He can only watch and assess his game during practices.   With Ferland and the Leivo coming back in the near future, LE and Schaller will sit soon enough.

another huge 4 point game tonight, hopefully they are fully jacked about playing tonight....Frack if they are not then they have no business being in the playoffs....really hope they tighten up defensively.....and you know the flames will come out hard and hitting everything....The Nucks needs to be doing the same...really Hoping Zac gets another go and so does Bailey...need more GRIT !!! Cmon Nucks!!

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Relief to have EP back but worried the Flames will target him knowing there will be a guaranteed non response 

I like how EP has been protecting himself this year, unfortunately he just didn’t expect that late cheap hit 

that said, keep your elbows and stick up EP

Pretty evident they're starting to respond as they did numerous times vs the Wild... 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Relief to have EP back but worried the Flames will target him knowing there will be a guaranteed non response 

I like how EP has been protecting himself this year, unfortunately he just didn’t expect that late cheap hit 

that said, keep your elbows and stick up EP

You know they will and FFS...hopefully someone does stand up...like Zac....and I have always hated wimpy Green response

• Wat 2

6 hours ago, rekker said:

I'm done with the Schaller experiment. We bring up Bailey in the middle of a red hot goal streak and then sit him. C'mon Green, your overthinking this again. 

Need to cool him off...lol

4 hours ago, J-23 said:

The Schaller and Eriksson experiment should be over by now, time for the Bailey and MacEwen one. 

It was a long road trip, it's time to use the depth...if they (coaches) are smart and not retarded, Bailey and Mac would be in the line up.

Edited by Pete M