The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Flames @ Canucks | 02.08.2020 - 7:00PM PST - CBC | Tkachuk the Mutant NHL Turtle

Rate this topic

Brad Marchand

5 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Tkachuk may be a lot of things, but he ain’t a turtle.    He manned up and fought Kassian so he’s earned my respect in that regard.   Doesn’t change the fact that he’s a douchebag though.

#GoCanucks!

Ummm  go back and watch the fight video.

5 hours ago, Jack Fig said:

Is 18 year old Sam Bennett still 18? That's quite a trick. 

If you think that's a trick you obviously have never been to my one man one hand shoebox on the lap puppet show!

3 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Kass started punching MT when he was unprepared.  Give your head a shake.   

Go see the video, they talk the puck is dropped and BEFORE kassian is ready tkapuke tried to land a haymaker, which missed and then proceeded to get punched in the face and then wrestled kassian down, then like a brave .... he is he tried fighting again once the refs got in...........

3 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Turtling is when you KNOW someone is coming at you and you turtle anyways.   If someone completely blindsides you and you are left trying to defend yourself, that’s not turtling.    And again - Tkachuk challenged Kassian like a man in the next game.    Stop making me defend Tkachuk and the Flames ffs.   I don’t like him or those guys!

Ahahahahah Tkapuke is a boy. He has the mentality of a boy, the maturity of a boy and the toughness of a boy.

The only blindside in the tkapuke vs kassian situation is those hits tkapuke threw on kassian and tkapuke turtled.....

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

You know they will and FFS...hopefully someone does stand up...like Zac....and I have always hated wimpy Green response

the problem with this theory is that "Standing Up For..." is anot in this teams make up.

Until the coach wants it, and the team members are "Naturally inclined" towards rough stuff it will always be "Square peg , round hole"

Jake fought last game but then pretty much dis-appared.

People though Ferland, Rooster, Benn, Myers, (in future Tram) Schaller, Beagle, MacEwen, Graovac, Bailey, Schenn woukld Drag this team into fisticuffs. BUt of all those names, only Beagle , MacEwen (maybe) and Schenn actually have real grit in their games. Maybe Ferland and Rooster used to, but they don't show it now.

You can go back to the Sedin era or Stecher/Martin , Petey /Matheson, or this year Petey / Gryslic , the Canucks cannot react naturally, they react after they are embarrassed by their own lack of response. then they re-act but most often by re-acting they lose focus and lose the game.

It is not natural, it is not part of their game, it is not part of the make up of this team.

It is so un-natural to this team that when they do step up, they forget how to play hockey .

Of all the players that play regularly on this team only Beagle has the attitude 

4 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Coyotes Lost , just need a Hurricane win over Vegas,

Preds over Oilers

Canucks over Flames 

And oh yeah , a Toronto loss.

so much emphasis on losing on this board lately

its sad, really

Edited by lmm
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

the problem with this theory is that "Standing Up For..." is anot in this teams make up.

Until the coach wants it, and the team members are "Naturally inclined" towards rough stuff it will always be "Square peg , round hole"

Jake fought last game but then pretty much dis-appared.

People though Ferland, Rooster, Benn, Myers, (in future Tram) Schaller, Beagle, MacEwen, Graovac, Bailey, Schenn woukld Drag this team into fisticuffs. BUt of all those names, only Beagle , MacEwen (maybe) and Schenn actually have real grit in their games. Maybe Ferland and Rooster used to, but they don't show it now.

You can go back to the Sedin era or Stecher/Martin , Petey /Matheson, or this year Petey / Gryslic , the Canucks cannot react naturally, they react after they are embarrassed by their own lack of response. then they re-act but most often by re-acting they lose focus and lose the game.

It is not natural, it is not part of their game, it is not part of the make up of this team.

It is so un-natural to this team that when they do step up, they forget how to play hockey .

Of all the players that play regularly on this team only Beagle has the attitude 

Doesn't matter what league or sport it is, a teammate gets hurt you step up.

I miss the days of minor hockey, decking guys for bumping my goalie or giving him a snow shower. 

Now you can get a penalty for looking at a referee :huh:

3 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Brady Tkachuck nailed Pionk with a big hit today and respectively dropped the gloves with Jets captain Blake wheeler after the hit. 

Thats a hockey player.

I wish someone at that team does that next time someone takes a run at the kids

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Doesn't matter what league or sport it is, a teammate gets hurt you step up.

I miss the days of minor hockey, decking guys for bumping my goalie or giving him a snow shower. 

Now you can get a penalty for looking at a referee :huh:

Hey Ghosty, you sound kind of old school.

The Canucks were that kind of team in the past, unfortunatley they usually did not have the skill to go with it.

You can say that if you wish, but  I do not believe it is in the make up of this team.

They do not initiate and when they do re-act it always seems forced.

We can wish, hope, and scream for our guys to step up, but it does not come naturally to this group.

5 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

That was 3 wins vs 2 losses mr glass half empty ::D

i guess math was not your strong suit

after 10 years of loser point I can understand why you wouldn't be too good at it

Edited by lmm