The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Flames @ Canucks | 02.08.2020 - 7:00PM PST - CBC | Tkachuk the Mutant NHL Turtle

Rate this topic

Brad Marchand

31 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I couldn't be happier that we didn't draft that gutless coward.  Character matters and I'm grateful Benning realized just how pitiful of an excuse for a man Tkachuk is.  Hopefully MacEwen sends him to the hospital after he turtles yet again.

Tell us how you really feel..

35 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I couldn't be happier that we didn't draft that gutless coward.  Character matters and I'm grateful Benning realized just how pitiful of an excuse for a man Tkachuk is.  Hopefully MacEwen sends him to the hospital after he turtles yet again.

I totally agree. I've always played hard hitting, fast paced hockey. But you always play the right way or be ready to pay the consequences. Tkowerchuk doesn't. If you're going to play by the sword, you'd better be prepared to die by it. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, reyezone said:

...of all Benning's oversights, the choice of OJ over MT may well go down as his most egregious. But time will tell...... 

Perhaps. But perhaps it played out for the best?

It's unpredictable how things would of went had we. Personally i'd love to have him but would we lose out on Petey and Hughes? It seems more likely than not in my eyes. The Flames and we would be a different team and it could send ripple effects throughout the league. Too many scenarios would have to perfectly play out for us to draft Tkachuk and then have Petey and Hughes that it almost makes it look completely unrealistic. FTR I would love to have all 3.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

22 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

anyone catch the Lucic interview? the stupid Lames reporters asking Lucic and their coach who was with the Bruins org about their memories of the 2011 championship in this city... like how is this even relevant 9 years later?? 

and 3 teams ago

Edited by BCNeil

2 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I totally agree. I've always played hard hitting, fast paced hockey. But you always play the right way or be ready to pay the consequences. Tkowerchuk doesn't. If you're going to play by the sword, you'd better be prepared to die by it. 

You can tell the ‘turtle’ chirps really got to him though he was ready to throw down in the next rematch :lol:

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Looks like Ferland is getting close to returning. Hell be practising with Utica next week and then play a couple of games with them the week after. 

Hell be playing with the Canucks in approximately 2 weeks. It'll be like adding a solid middle 6 forward at the trade deadline.

Should give the team a good bump down the stretch drive. 

Many songs come up tonight.

2 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

You can tell the ‘turtle’ chirps really got to him though he was ready to throw down in the next rematch :lol:

Most people don't realize, he had no choice to. He screwed up majorly, and the only possible way he could try to save face was to act like the tough guy and instigate the fight. 

If you watch the replay of that fight, he tried to land with the first shot, missed and once Kassian was about to pulverize him, he turtled again. 

Another thing about him, when Gudbranson broke or fractured Hamonic's jaw, the next time the Flamers played the Canucks, he was pretty quiet. 

He's not the type of player I'd ever have on my team. 

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

16 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

He wouldn’t be saying that if Tkachuck was with Vancouver. Don’t worry Juolevi is a future Norris winner.....

Did you like Messier as a Canuck?  Tkachuk has about as much class as that chip eating abomination.  Our guys are far too respectable for that locker room cancer to fit into our group.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1