The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Flames @ Canucks | 02.08.2020 - 7:00PM PST - CBC | Tkachuk the Mutant NHL Turtle

Rate this topic

Brad Marchand

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Everyone bashing Lucic and his very stupid looking hair (yeah, it’s ridiculous) make me laugh. 

The way he threw Roussel to the ice was hilarious. Is that what 26 is? Another diver? Or is Lucic still that strong?  

If Benning was to trade for a goon, I’d rather it be Lucic than Simmonds. 

He has the psycho mindset this team is completely devoid of. They’re so timid, it’s pathetic. They’re rudderless. 

Give them a break.  We're getting dummied (literally and figuratively) so they need something that they can hold on to.

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

It's not about Lucic, Burke.

It's about a team commitment. A commitment to do absolutely nothing to deter players from hacking the $&!# out of our best players.

All the &^@#ing time

Candy ass, cutesy poo nice guys that will get embarrassed in the playoffs if they're healthy enough to get there.

I thought the "skate away with head down guys" routine was supposed to end with the twins.

Retire those &^@#ing numbers and nut up

It is about Lucic, though. Most teams are designed for skill and speed. Players like Lucic legitimately scare players. Still. He’s a psycho. For real. Not that stable. 

By the way, Scott Oake is the master of between period interviews. 

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We do need a prototypical power forward. We don’t have any in the pipeline.

Zack MacEwen and Jonah Gadjovich are the only power forwards that we have on the go.  

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It is about Lucic, though. Most teams are designed for skill and speed. Players like Lucic legitimately scare players. Still. He’s a psycho. For real. Not that stable. 

They candy ass against 30 teams that don't gave Lucic

1 minute ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Give them a break.  We're getting dummied (literally and figuratively) so they need something that they can hold on to.

Anyone is better than what they have right now

Reeves is UFA after this season at this point it might be worth it? 

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

But it is...  Lucic is the nuclear deterrent.  

Nobody on the Canucks wants to fight him.  Outside of maybe 2 or 3 guys in the league, he's still the toughest SOB out there.  

Everybody on the Vegas Knights plays bigger because of Reaves, and the same holds true for the Flames and Lucic.  

I would've loved to see the Louie for Lucic swap but Louie didn't approve the deal from the sounds of it. 

Agreed.  There's very few hockey players that fight like those guys (and I would add Guddy as well).  They dance around like the others.  They can do a lot of damage in a short period of time.  Other players do not want any of that.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

People can just skate away from his scariness though. Nobody even fights the guy anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Templeton Peck said:

Edler needs to do one of his hits where he steps up and just level Backlund. Then Markstrom and Petey can start punching him while he's down. It can be all Swedish affair.

I think you're underestimating who'd be making the initial hit. Clearly it'd be Eriksson.