The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SEDIN WEEK

Rate this topic

redhdlois

On 2/13/2020 at 10:48 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Also want to say thank you to the fans at the Rog for cheering Kes.

I know a lot of people were pissed at him for leaving the way he did (although I wasn't one of them) but the guy gave his heart and soul to this team and totally deserved the ovation he got. Well done Vancity!

The applause for Kesler kept building with each step he took towards his chair on the ice. I thought in order of applause it was in this order, Linden, Naslund, Kesler, and a tie between Burrows and Luongo. Other than the twins of course. If anything, I think it was a humbling experience for him, and of course the fans in the City. The twins invited him, so there's that. Kesler had their respect as a player more than anything else.

What a great ceremony.

I didn’t expect to have feelings about Kesler but I won’t lie it felt great seeing some old wounds heel for him and the fans. He was very emotional about it and something clicked for me to like him again. Trevor back in the building meant a lot to me as he’s my all time Canuck. 

Thanks to Hendrick and Dan for some great years/memories and for your Leadership on the ice and in the community. 

Bieksas speech was priceless. 

Well done !!