The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

XFL Thread

diesel_3

Well, XFL kick-off is here!

For anybody that is interested in watching some pro football in the Spring, the XFL might be a decent option.

1st official XFL 2020 season has the Seattle Dragons playing the DC Defenders, seems as if DC might be one of the top teams having a recognizable QB in Cardale Jones.

https://www.xfl.com/en-US

Lots of different rules. I actually like the new kick-off and point after rules. Puts a little more strategy into the extra points/scoring.

Who ya cheering for?!

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

Well, XFL kick-off is here!

For anybody that is interested in watching some pro football in the Spring, the XFL might be a decent option.

1st official XFL 2020 season has the Seattle Dragons playing the DC Defenders, seems as if DC might be one of the top teams having a recognizable QB in Cardale Jones.

https://www.xfl.com/en-US

Lots of different rules. I actually like the new kick-off and point after rules. Puts a little more strategy into the extra points/scoring.

Who ya cheering for?!

I will cheer for any team with “cat” in their name.  The bigger and fatter the cat, the better. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

yeah i heard that as well

what is that all about ?

I wonder if the first pass is dropped does ( behind the line of scrimmage ) that make it a fumble or an incomplete pass?

Edited by 6string

The quality of the games was decent considering these are guys who hadn't played a live game in some cases in more than 2-3 years.

They were able to get some guys out of big name programs like LSU and Ohio State.

The CFL's already limited talent supply just got smaller.

Who are the players that will be left for CFL teams willing to come up to Canada?

Division 2 and Division 3 FCS small school types.

Meanwhile the XFL has guys who actually have played games in the NFL and some that were even starters on an NFL team.

Like Rashad Ross of the Washington Redskins or Eli Rogers the former slot WR of the Pittsburgh Steelers. 

The CFL is not going to change their rules much so they will be stuck with more inferior talent playing an inferior game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

The quality of the games was decent considering these are guys who hadn't played a live game in some cases in more than 2-3 years.

They were able to get some guys out of big name programs like LSU and Ohio State.

Who are the players that will be left for CFL teams willing to come up to Canada?

Meanwhile the XFL has guys who actually have played games in the NFL and some that were even starters on an NFL team.

Like Rashad Ross of the Washington Redskins or Eli Rogers the former slot WR of the Pittsburgh Steelers. 

The CFL is not going to change their rules much so they will be stuck with more inferior talent playing an inferior game.

The CFL doesn’t pay well enough to attract top guys anymore anyway.  It’s a league full of guys who have little to no talent.  I used to love the CFL in its early years (50’s to 80’s) out here.  That’s when the league paid decent enough money to get top American talent to come up here.  It’s just a really REALLY poor product now.  It’s not the rules, or the field, or that it’s up here; it’s because guys can make more money in a regular job, than they can playing up here.  

On 2/8/2020 at 1:07 PM, shayster007 said:

I could care less about the XFL to be honest.

I could climb a mountain.  

23 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Good riddance.

One positive is this is going to force the NFL to speed up the game - the XFL has a dedicated official for that.  

6 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

It's 100% the rules.  Now we're getting jr. leagues playing US rules - so I don't know why the CFL insists of 3 down ball.  

Ask ANY player in the CFL and they would say 3 down ball is a joke. They head north for a paycheck but not a single player in the CFL would prefer 3 down over 4 down football. I think Alberta, Saskatchewan, and maybe Manitoba play 3 down, that's it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1