The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

22 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

it's funny how this fan base changes so fast one minute we are planning the parade the next we are the worst team in the league and should trade everyone. That being said that was really a piss poor performance tonight big game and the young team just didn't bring it tonight hopefully the learn from this and move on we are still at the top of the pacific but the other teams are catching up hopefully the can rebound against Nashville to start Sedin week 

And then you have some of us getting called trolls for saying we will be brought back down to Earth when we're on our 17 game streak. When you're consistently getting outshot by 12 shots a game, eventually the dam is going to break and the bounces won't continue to go our way. 

They need to get back to playing the right way. Certainly some of those games during that streak we did, I'd say about 50% of them. We just need more consistency. We tend to play the right way more at home so hopefully this home stretch is gonna turn the team back onto a better path. 

12 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Vegas has one of the worst schedules for the rest of the season tho.

They play most of their games against the currently playoffs-bound teams. 

Ya I suppose thats true. Seems like they are starting to pick up steam though. Its a core that has experience when the games get tougher.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, mikkim said:

okay, but what about the next 20 games, the guy only shows up once in a blue moon, one game does not make a season

To clarify, I would rather have him be our 6 mil anchor instead of Louie.  I wouldn't want to just take on his contract without giving them Louie back.  

As it stands, that ship has sailed.  

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Nah man, you can't blame that on Green.  I think that Roussell got tagged for a lot of penalties earlier this year and had to step his aggression down a lot.  NHL isn't what it used to be, but we're getting to that time of the year when the whistles will be put away.  Hopefully he gets back to his old self :) 

For sure, Shorty and Garrett commented on quite a few of his penalties earlier this year as being reputation penalties

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

yeah, the Roussel i remembered from his Dallas days was a ball of hate and involved in every scrums. 

Benn, Roussel got neutered by Green. 

I think it's the personnel and perhaps the coaching.

I really don't think we have enough players who like to engage physically and throw their body around. Ferland and Benn but we're waiting on Ferland and Benn has been meh so far this year.

Need to shed some of the dead weight and get some tougher bodies this off-season. I am talking Clifford/Reaves/Martin/Maroon this FA. Would make for a better bottom 6.

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Nah man, you can't blame that on Green.  I think that Roussell got tagged for a lot of penalties earlier this year and had to step his aggression down a lot.  NHL isn't what it used to be, but we're getting to that time of the year when the whistles will be put away.  Hopefully he gets back to his old self :) 

Part of the problem with rouss is that concussion he suffered before start of last year in that rec league he played in.  I don’t blame him for not wanting to put himself in a position where he takes blunt force shots to the head in a scrum or fight.

ferland is in the same predicament.  The two guys we have that can stir the pot the most are hampered and prob won’t be as effective anymore.

ball is in Bennings court to address this.  He has to be able to see this issue.  EP getting mugged etc ... the fans can see it he would be blind not to see it .

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol @ thinking anything negative to the media would accomplish anything... 

They don’t understand man. They think that what he says to the media is what is said to the team.

Im a full supporter of Green and I hope there’s a message to the team after tonight. And I hope he’s learnt a couple things after these last few games. But what is said in interviews is completely irrelevant. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

They don’t understand man. They think that what he says to the media is what is said to the team.

Im a full supporter of Green and I hope there’s a message to the team after tonight. And I hope he’s learnt a couple things after these last few games. But what is said in interviews is completely irrelevant. 

Amazing that the usual negative suspects in pgt’s seeem to think the media answers are all he talks about in the room. So much for a knowledgable fanbase... :lol:

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

this guy should be fired ASAP, do not let him in the arena ever again. You defend your star player, lay on smack down on the ref by saying if that mcdavid or matthews they are penalties

Then get buried by the refs again like in 2011 after Burrows talked crap about the refs? That will be more free shots allowed on EP40 like how Sedins took the beatings that year and the year after with refs refusing to make the calls for them. 

Refs talk u know.

If they set themselves against a team, they will all work together to screw us as bad as they can. 

And that's why teams don't talk crap about the refs in media. 

To me, Green sounded like he's mad. As to what he actually says behind closed doors, nobody here knows. 

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I think it's the personnel and perhaps the coaching.

I really don't think we have enough players who like to engage physically and throw their body around. Ferland and Benn but we're waiting on Ferland and Benn has been meh so far this year.

Need to shed some of the dead weight and get some tougher bodies this off-season. I am talking Clifford/Reaves/Martin/Maroon this FA. Would make for a better bottom 6.

Ferland im afraid will never be the same Ferklund from 2015. His concussion history will tame him if it hasn't already. 

I would love for us to trade for MacDermid for depth and maybe trade for Tom Wilson :( wishful thinking. 

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This statement makes me fully question Green’s job. He should be saying that he and his team need to do a better job of protecting their core players. 

Wow. As with the game itself, this is pathetic.  

He's a PC trained new age millennial wannabe, he's divorced himself from his NHL roots of rough n tumble hockey sadly.

He leaves Pettersson and Hughes to risk.

Edited by 6string
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1