The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

All I can say is that I am glad we are going through this prior to the playoffs. By the way, this is what the playoffs will look like and Petey will be getting the same treatment as tonight. Does this look eerily familiar? Haven't we gone down this road before? Well we have Boes and Petey and before we had Hank and Dan. What is the correlation? Getting roughed up and no response. It will be worse in the playoffs. Believe me.

So how well have we done since taking Jake off of Petey's line? Have we won a game?

As far as I am concerned, Petey and Hughes are everything to this team and we aren't treating them like it. Petey needs players like Jake and Miller patrolling his wings and not Boes. It might by a mute point now that its too late and Boes is injured. Didn't I say there was still something wrong with Boes's wrist? I knew there was an issue.

Time will tell how TG deals with this but now is the time to get rid of some of the "dead weight" like Schaller and LE and get some hungry guys that are willing to "battle" and act like they care for their teammates.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Travis Green is as soft as butter.....   its sickening....

I think u meant to say Vancouver Canucks. 

I dont see Green out there avoiding physical plays. 

It's baffling how some of these fans are so deluded. 

Coaches don't tell any player to play soft or not bother finishing checks. 

They don't do that in Bantam, Juniors, AHL, NHL, any league. 

Players have an option to play the way they want and if they dont play upto the standards, they dont make it to the next level. 

Obviously we have skilled guys that can play their way into the lineup without having to fight or throw big hits. 

But we kinda do need to check all those boxes in order to get to the next level. Talents alone in that locker room isn't enough to win us respect. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Players have an option to play the way they want and if they dont play upto the standards, they dont make it to the next level. 

Obviously we have skilled guys that can play their way into the lineup without having to fight or throw big hits. 

But we kinda do need to check all those boxes in order to get to the next level. Talents alone in that locker room isn't enough to win us respect. 

100% correct.

Let's have Miller do our fighting - got it!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Nobody on here gives credit to the other team ever

Nope! They brought it pretty much the whole 60. We gave a solid 30-40 and that's why the score was the way it was. Can't keep relying on our goalie to keep us in it. 

2 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

I have coached competitive  sport  for over 20 years...  I know  coaches can influence how players approach the game..

When the players don't support each other... it is on Travis Greeen. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

We showed up until the fight, that’s when they got heavy.

Right. But who's setting the tone as a leader on our team? Everything always starts at the top. Someone has to take responsibility and as is always the case, it starts from the owner down, to GM, Coach, Captain, etc. So who's going to step up to the plate?

48 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Jordie Benn was trash all night. Guy difn’t connect a single pass. Literally threw wrist shots at his teammates. Had his head down all game. Not a sign of someone who was happy with their play. 

Hmm when the coach hasn’t played him in forever what exactly did you expect him to do?

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Time will tell how TG deals with this but now is the time to get rid of some of the "dead weight" like Schaller and LE and get some hungry guys that are willing to "battle" and act like they care for their teammates.

Easier said than done.  Benning should win GM of the year if he manages to unload BOTH those two stiffs without taking garbage back.  

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Easier said than done.  Benning should win GM of the year if he manages to unload BOTH those two stiffs without taking garbage back.  

Schaller, LE and Sutter are each not worth a bag of pucks.

Send any of them to utica.

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Schaller, LE and Sutter are each not worth a bag of pucks.

Send any of them to utica.

Sutter has at least played well in the past for us (vs just a few games here and there for those other two).  He just is injured so much, I’m not sure he’s the same player anymore because of that.