The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

No cap space this season to get him to sign so it’s a moot point until the offseason.  That’s also assuming he doesn’t already have a contract (that the NHL will honor) in Russia...which he does.  (Don’t think he has an out clause).

Capspace is incremental or proportioned over the season at the end that is why teams can go way over in April a 4 mil deal is a 40,000 cap hit, you never wondered how a capped team like Chicago can sign a 4 or 5 million dollar player at the TDL? Because it is not a 4 mil cap hit. If this helps think maybe daily and how much is left to be paid. He can buyout his contract once the team is out of the playoffs, March 1 is possible, for a token.

3 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Capspace is incremental or proportioned over the season at the end that is why teams can go way over in April a 4 mil deal is a 40,000 cap hit, you never wondered how a capped team like Chicago can sign a 4 or 5 million dollar player at the TDL? Because it is not a 4 mil cap hit. If this helps think maybe daily and how much is left to be paid. He can buyout his contract once the team is out of the playoffs, March 1 is possible, for a token.

Look at how we’ve used LITR this season.  You can’t take advantage of that (which we have) without being at or near the limit (eg.no cap savings accumulating).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

From an article in The Athleyic last week 

The biggest question, if and when Tryamkin comes back, is what value he can bring to an NHL lineup. Eronko notes that Tryamkin looks more comfortable making plays with the puck and is more proactive defensively than he was in Vancouver and while those are positive signs, it’s crucial to keep expectations in check.

Any defencemen who hopes to make an impact in an NHL team’s top four should be dominating the KHL and that’s clearly not what Tryamkin has done the past two years. Heck, Nikita Zaitsev, who did fit that bill, came over and has shown that he’s nothing more than a bottom-pairing-quality defenceman.

“I see Tryamkin getting back to Vancouver, but I don’t think he’ll be a top-four guy and I’m not sure he’d even make the starting roster out of training camp,” Eronko said. “But you never know, his (unimpressive season) could be a thing of motivation.

“I don’t see any motivation for him (in Yekaterinburg) right now. Maybe in the (KHL) playoffs, there’ll be motivation for him to show Vancouver what he can do and he’ll shine.”

Tryamkin’s underlying profile from his time with the Canucks looks the part of a marginal NHL defenceman, but the key back then was that he was young and raw enough a talent to continue developing and improving. The problem now is that he’s turning 26 years old in August and has plateaued in the KHL — it’s unlikely that he’s anything more than what he was for the Canucks in 2016-17.

At his best, Tryamkin can provide value in a depth role as a possible No. 6 or 7 defenceman, but the expectations and hype for his return are disproportionately high for what he can realistically bring to the table.”

So that means you didn't watch him, you took some guy's feeder, or personal opinion right? If you didn't see for yourself how can you make a true judgement? Did this guy know that Willie was playing with him during his time here before? Was this guy Gudbranson's relative because Tryamkin was far superior to Gudbranson. 

If you will take anything written I can find some stuff that thinks Juloevi will be the PP quarterback of the future (next year) dated 4 years ago. So 3 years behind. 

21 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Tryamkin might be our Lucic. And be a really good defensive dman.

The Pacific has teams packing it in now so the Nucks look like they only have to beat Vegas, Oilers, Flames and Arizona for one of the three spots. That should not be hard with a 3 out of 5 chance. San Jose might get back in there but they are back a ways.

Quick Travis.  Put together a video of Chris Pronger and have Tryamkin watch it several times!  Oh.;)

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Look at how we’ve used LITR this season.  You can’t take advantage of that (which we have) without being at or near the limit (eg.no cap savings accumulating).

Doesn't work like that, it isn't putting money into a saving's account

6 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

From an article in The Athleyic last week 

The biggest question, if and when Tryamkin comes back, is what value he can bring to an NHL lineup. Eronko notes that Tryamkin looks more comfortable making plays with the puck and is more proactive defensively than he was in Vancouver and while those are positive signs, it’s crucial to keep expectations in check.

Any defencemen who hopes to make an impact in an NHL team’s top four should be dominating the KHL and that’s clearly not what Tryamkin has done the past two years. Heck, Nikita Zaitsev, who did fit that bill, came over and has shown that he’s nothing more than a bottom-pairing-quality defenceman.

“I see Tryamkin getting back to Vancouver, but I don’t think he’ll be a top-four guy and I’m not sure he’d even make the starting roster out of training camp,” Eronko said. “But you never know, his (unimpressive season) could be a thing of motivation.

“I don’t see any motivation for him (in Yekaterinburg) right now. Maybe in the (KHL) playoffs, there’ll be motivation for him to show Vancouver what he can do and he’ll shine.”

Tryamkin’s underlying profile from his time with the Canucks looks the part of a marginal NHL defenceman, but the key back then was that he was young and raw enough a talent to continue developing and improving. The problem now is that he’s turning 26 years old in August and has plateaued in the KHL — it’s unlikely that he’s anything more than what he was for the Canucks in 2016-17.

At his best, Tryamkin can provide value in a depth role as a possible No. 6 or 7 defenceman, but the expectations and hype for his return are disproportionately high for what he can realistically bring to the table.”

I don’t think many people are expecting him to step into a top role. I think realistically he brings some size and toughness on the bottom pair. Exactly what we need.

As for the season he is having in the KHL. I wouldn’t look into it too much. His coach is clearly playing games with him because he hasn’t signed an extension. Playing big minutes and wearing a letter in the beginning to being stripped of that letter and having his minutes reduced.

It’s no wonder he has no motivation. He probably wants out of there.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

So that means you didn't watch him, you took some guy's feeder, or personal opinion right? If you didn't see for yourself how can you make a true judgement? Did this guy know that Willie was playing with him during his time here before? Was this guy Gudbranson's relative because Tryamkin was far superior to Gudbranson. 

If you will take anything written I can find some stuff that thinks Juloevi will be the PP quarterback of the future (next year) dated 4 years ago. So 3 years behind. 

I watched him in Vancouver. I haven’t watched him in the KHL. But the guy quoted in the article is a KHL correspondent who sees him play all the time.  So really. It’s your opinion that’s based on old information. And his is based on watchubg him over the last 3 seasons 

Teams can add a fairly big contract at the trade deadline generally had a million+ or so in cap space available throughout much of the season.  That isn’t the case of the Canucks...where we’ve been at or near the cap limit in much of the season.  The big Russian ain’t coming over for a minimum NHL contract.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Teams can add a fairly big contract at the trade deadline generally had a million+ or so in cap space available throughout much of the season.  That isn’t the case of the Canucks...where we’ve been at or near the cap limit in much of the season.

You are forgetting one thing, he can sign AFTER the TDL, sort of like coming off LTIR one game before the playoffs start, like Kane did. Kane's cap hit was buried in LTIR until the last game and then only 1/82 of his caphit counted.

Tryamkin can sign on the last day of the regular season for any amount and it doesn't count against the cap.

176 hits in 79 games

Edited by Lazurus

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t think many people are expecting him to step into a top role. I think realistically he brings some size and toughness on the bottom pair. Exactly what we need.

As for the season he is having in the KHL. I wouldn’t look into it too much. His coach is clearly playing games with him because he hasn’t signed an extension. Playing big minutes and wearing a letter in the beginning to being stripped of that letter and having his minutes reduced.

It’s no wonder he has no motivation. He probably wants out of there.

Moving back to Russia was a bad idea for his career if he wanted to play in the NHL.  We'll see what he's really like IF he comes over.  At 26, he is what he is as a player and if that's bottom pair, how does that match up against his feelings that he wasn't getting enough ice time the first time around with the Canucks?  On 3rd pair, 13-15 minutes will be the norm.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Fair enough. Not sure what people are expecting out of him. He’s the same player he was before he was named captain.

I’m disappointed in the team as well. But it’s brutal when Horvat has a good game and because he’s captain they lost so his fault. Like what he didn’t yell at his team, he didn’t crush someone? 

Where  the hell were are bottom 6 players tonight that’s what I wanna know. They should be the ones doing the dirty business. The are suppose to provide energy. Bo did everything he could to score tonight. The pressure on the guy is stupid.

Horvat has only looked like that player since January.

The bottom 6 is what JB assembled, Sutter, Beagle, Eriksson and Schaller.

2 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

You are forgetting one thing, he can sign AFTER the TDL, sort of like coming off LTIR one game before the playoffs start, like Kane did. Kane's cap hit was buried in LTIR until the last game and then only 1/82 of his caphit counted.

Tryamkin can sign on the last day of the regular season for any amount and it doesn't count against the cap.

I don’t believe such players are eligible to play in the postseason acquired in that situation unless they were like in Kane’s case (on litr).