The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yes. I did. I know you said it ain’t going to happen. Same here. 

I doubt Holland would let him go though. I wonder why Kass didn’t get a clause as part of it. 

Comparing me to maxwell smart cuts deep. That hurts. 

Max Smart got to play with Agent 99.  :wub:

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, oldnews said:

did you read the post you responded to?

sounds like a bit of maxwell smart here.

Kassian has no clauses btw.

You're delusional if you think Edmonton is trading Kassian, and to us of all teams..

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

52 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

25 pages of negativity but there was the odd positive to take out of all off it

It does no good to get angry - the team is what it is - trade deadline is coming - hope JB can pull off some moves

Our defense is bad - infact it is worse then bad and maybe Rafferty is ready for the NHL and maybe not - Oly? we don't know - Tram - well if he comes back I am not convinced he is better then we have - sure he's a big body but  Willie couldn't coach meanness into him. Good d men are hard to come by - I think Winnipeg fans warned us that we would have a love/hate relationship with Myers - when he is good id is great but when he's bad - yikes

We have some key pieces but we still need more - this re build is not yet complete

The goal for this season was to push for the playoffs - so far they are doing that - and I agree with most on here that we wouldn't go far if we make the playoffs - what  we would gain is the kids getting some playoff experience even if it is only the 1st round.

And I do agree 100% that we need some team toughness - we have guys that are capable but for whatever reason they don't answer the bell very often.

Hope as a team they show up for Sedin week -  would be pretty depressing to lose the games this week

Mondays game the get to wear the skates jersey - last time of the year - something the Sedin teams players asked to wear but never were allowed.  Should be a big spark - same with the Sedins numbers retired.  Hopefully this stretch of games is just a hiccup and nothing more.  It can be hard for young players to make it through the grind before the grind.   We have enough vets to lead the way and they need to show up.   One things for sure, whatever happens over the next week to two will definitely impact how the season goes.   Hope they dig deep and get things back on track. 

43 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yes. I did. I know you said it ain’t going to happen. Same here. 

I doubt Holland would let him go though. I wonder why Kass didn’t get a clause as part of it. 

Comparing me to maxwell smart cuts deep. That hurts. 

I agree - I think the opportunity to rob Deadmonton may have died the day Tippett arrived.

Haha - you don't strike me as a MaxSmart kinda guy - seemed like a safe enough dig.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, rekker said:

I'm not convinced. He has a gumby like physique to him that I think helps him avoid injuries. Like Rubberman. Petey and Quinn are fine and should not be asked to change their games at all. It's up to management to surround them with players who will drop mitts, hit, stick, punish, in whichever way any cheapshots on our stars. Is that really too much to ask?

Well I still think some added lower body strength would help him. I obviously agree I wish he had some protection or retaliation from teammates. I miss this guy

D18BC095-0A15-42E6-A3C8-ACF33FB51FB4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I agree - I think the opportunity to rob Deadmonton may have died the day Tippett arrived.

I agree. The Chiapet Express is gone. :lol:

Holland’s a shrewd dude, and Benning knows it. 

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Haha - you don't strike me as a MaxSmart kinda guy - seemed like a safe enough dig.

It was. Well played. 

In a perfect world, I’d love to see Benning go after Josh Anderson, Brenden Dillon, Milan Lucic, and/or Wayne Simmonds. Lucic has been showing quite well as of late, getting up in the play and making plays. He had a pretty good night last night. Made Roussel look the fool pretty badly there. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Both of those incidents are odd to say the least, but I’ve never read anything but complimentary things about him from players who played for him. 

And you know I bet green gets a lot of respect from his players as well.  He's hard on his players but fair, a lot like say Al Arbour.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think he’ll be canned if they miss the playoffs. For sure. 

He has some great ideas that have been shown to have positive outcomes, for sure. That being said, this team has major issues that Green can’t seem to fix. His assistant coaches should be canned immediately. Benning made a big mistake re-signing those two. 

The Canucks were a long shot to even make the playoffs.  I think so far they've exceeded expectations.  

PK ranked 15th and PP 8th.  Don't see major issues there relative to how other teams are performing on the whole.

Canucks lost 3 then went on to win 9 in a row.  Pressure was immense and they didn't buckle.  I think that's a win for the org.

When the players underperform it's so easy to blame the coaches. And when the Canucks don't win it's so easy to just want to blame something, when really fans just need to forget about it and reset.

This team probably won't be tweaked until after the season.  Untill then I say just cheer on the group we have to make the playoffs.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

I blame the league for giving us a ridiculous schedule for the last week and a half - we are lucky to only have the injuries we suffered - could have been worse - back to normal schedule = back to winning.

Yes, it is the league responsibility to create a schedule and the team management knew what was coming. So, why didn't inject some guys from the farm in a line up and give some guys a rest.? Why didn't give Demko more starts?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

And you know I bet green gets a lot of respect from his players as well.  He's hard on his players but fair, a lot like say Al Arbour.

Maybe. Maybe not.

The Canucks were a long shot to even make the playoffs.  I think so far they've exceeded expectations.  

Yet they’ve shown great skill and speed. They’re a very capable team. But they’re a team that isn’t taking care of their best and brightest. 

PK ranked 15th and PP 8th.  Don't see major issues there relative to how other teams are performing on the whole.

In the last 50 PP, how many have they converted on? The PK is still a strong point, but the powerplay is listless regardless of where they are in the league. 

Canucks lost 3 then went on to win 9 in a row.  Pressure was immense and they didn't buckle.  I think that's a win for the org.

They’re buckling now and their best players are being injured in the process without much in the way of a reaction, retribution, or protective insulation of those players. That’s the opposite of a win for the organization. 

Quinn’s clearly next on the hit list. I fear for him. 

When the players underperform it's so easy to blame the coaches.

Players bear responsibility, but those who draft up the systems they run have equal responsibility. It would be a hell of a lot easier to deal with these losses if the team  kept their stars safe. 

And when the Canucks don't win it's so easy to just want to blame something, when really fans just need to forget about it and reset.

No team wins all 82. That’s a fact. It’s how they’re losing. Again, you’ll lose even more if your best players are maimed and injured. Resetting doesn’t help with that. 

This team probably won't be tweaked until after the season. 

I’m hearing much to the contrary. 

Untill then I say just cheer on the group we have to make the playoffs.

Telling other fans how to be one? Great. 

Not sure if you’re noticing, but this team doesn’t really respond very well to being pushed around, and the playoffs are where that happens most. If they make the playoffs in their present configuration, they’ll be manhandled and they’ll lose.