The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Too many passengers in this game. Horvat was skating. But really not much effort out there. This team looks gassed. I got roasted for saying it after the Boston game. They look tired. No speed. Petey hurt. Boeser hurt. Miller looks tired also. Power play needs to go back to Petey one timer. So little to like about the game tonight. Marky wasn’t good on the first three goals then he woke up. It could have been 10-2

Still div leader, but not trending well. 

Too many players didn't rise up to the compete level for a div game. TG and the vets are responsible.

EP sucked tonight.  Getting knocked down all the time, poor D zone coverage, took penalty.

Bo had chances, no finish 

BB looked OK, then got injured on a nothing play 

Marky was fine, kept them in it for a while 

Passing was crappy all game 

JV just throws pucks around, didn't make many plays. 

QH wasn't very good either. Can't handle the flames forechecks, didn't make as many good plays that he usually do. 

We will get them next game Mar 27.

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Canucks are a weak no push back team.  The only Canuck with fight in them is Miller and to a lesser extent Edler. The others just walk away when Petey gets repeatedly cheap shotted.

Feels like the same ole sedin led team.

I loved the sedins skill, but the way they had no nasty fight back is the reason the Canucks did not win the cup. And so far, looks like horvat is following their lead.  Sad really...

I’ve been say this since AV, his gum chewing turn the other cheek attitude screwed us out of many cups and it’s hurting us still.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Score 34 seconds into the game and of course the only logical thing to do is give the team who just got massively deflated a big spark via a fight off of the faceoff. 

Injuries are starting to occur and the PP is a good waste of two minutes. I remember when the PP was clicking and then randomly they decided Boeser and Miller needed to switch spots. Ever since that decision it’s been horrible. Constant bad decisions and bad passes. Getting really old.

got dominated in the game and in the stands. Disgusting amount of Lame fans in Rogers arena tonight.

the tone what set early, they were going to target Pettersson. we got phyiscally dominated and we had no push back because this coach feels no need to protect his stars.

the 'leadership' group of this team got exposed again. Schaller, Eriksson, Beagle and Sutter = SOFT ASS VETERANS.  offensive black holes. Bo Horvat can smash his stick all

he wants but he showed little to no emotions tonight against the opposition tonight. 

Petey, Marky and Hughes were the only ones that looked like the gave a damn tonight. 

Miller wtf would you fight that loser when we were up 1-0 and take you out for 5 mins? 

I want Green to answer why he pulled the f goaltender when the game was already out of reach!!

• Huggy Bear 1