The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Horvat had a great game. One of the few players so point your finger somewhere else 

Not pointing fingers just saying it as I see it. You can be a good player and be soft as well.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

There’s better options out there.

the Canucks are soft,

but I still don’t want Lucic 

Why's that?  The guy grew up right here in East Van and wanted to come to the Canucks despite some idiot fans vandalizing his grandparents' house.  

Lucic is the exact type of player that you need.  If someone touches his goalie or goes after their star player, he throws caution to the wind and makes sure in no uncertain terms that it doesn't happen again. 

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

it's funny how this fan base changes so fast one minute we are planning the parade the next we are the worst team in the league and should trade everyone. That being said that was really a piss poor performance tonight big game and the young team just didn't bring it tonight hopefully the learn from this and move on we are still at the top of the pacific but the other teams are catching up hopefully the can rebound against Nashville to start Sedin week 

No one on here has been planning the parade.  WTF are you even talking about??

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The way the Canucks respond for one another...EXCEPT for Pettersson is embarrassing.

Petey is surrounded by a bunch of cowards, I don't care if the Flames have Lucic.  You don't let anyone touch him the way the flames chewed him up and spat him out.

And that's why we should have claimed Schenn..from what we saw last year protecting Hughes I think he would have done the same for Petey tonight IMO

I just want some push back and hustle. It seems like a fire drill with them all running around out there. They have been playing all season with each other. You can't tell me that there are only 5 guys on the team that want to win. 
They are all bi polar, we see greatness every now and then and then it just goes away and it is Kaos
I could go down the list about the bad things that each player does but it is pointless. 
I hope they get back to work and kick it up a notch.  Green really needs to learn when to some fresh AHL bodies,  play Demko and when to call a time out.  

We are way to soft , we just get tossed around out there. 
I am just frustrated.. I was hoping for a better effort out of the whole team. 

7 minutes ago, billabong said:

Team played like they came back from a long road trip 

no energy 

Oh well we’re still 1-8 

Yup. Couldn't match flames intensity all game. 

Not that worried. Just hope BB gets well enough to play next week. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Why's that?  The guy grew up right here in East Van and wanted to come to the Canucks despite some idiot fans vandalizing his grandparents' house.  

Lucic is the exact type of player that you need.  If someone touches his goalie or goes after their star player, he throws caution to the wind and makes sure in no uncertain terms that it doesn't happen again. 

Contract

• Thanks 1

A number of you posted the Pacific standings without our game result tonight. Let me fix that for you:

image.png.71de91139c02ac6a5afbac4988cd844d.png

Yes...the coilers are 1 point behind us with 1 game in hand. Vegas and Calgary are in easy striking distance. If the Canucks play crap games in the next couple weeks like they did tonight, we are again a non playoff team.

Weak....

• Upvote 1