The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Tyler Toffoli and Wayne Simmonds

Pears

The team cannot afford to keep trading away the future.

How much are fans thrilled to be watching Hughes, Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser, for years to come yet, maybe as much as 8+ years at least.

Toffoli or Simmonds will not be here in 3 years, but that draft pick might end up being another Gaudette or even a Gaudreau

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

He hasn’t traded many more picks than he’s acquired so this is a false narrative. 

Again this goes to JB’s rebuilding philosophy.  He did use picks (and high ones) to fill in holes.  We now don’t have the volume of prospects we could have had if he didn’t trade those picks for those hole filler players.  But, are we as good a young core as we are now without those gap fillers?  It’s hard to decide.  I do know it would be nice to have those extra prospects now, so we could use them as sweetener to dump the crappy contracts we have that are hamstringing us. 

58 minutes ago, Pears said:

He hasn’t traded many more picks than he’s acquired so this is a false narrative. 

My post had nothing to do with narrative. 

In fact, the underlying tone of my post is; I’m not worried Benning giving up picks.

Edited by Me_

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

My post had nothing to do with narrative. 

In fact, the underlying tone of my post is; I’m not worried Benning giving up picks.

But you said you’d be weary about him trading picks which means the opposite of what you said. 

I've always liked Toffoli, he's always played his best against the Canucks but has had some quiet seasons after his big 30 goals. This year on pace for about 25-30 which is nice on a struggling team, he's going to command a lot of return though.

I wouldn't bother with SImmonds, just give LAK Stecher + Baertschi +/- 3rd for Toffoli. Slots right alongside Pearson and Bo for one of the better 2nd lines in the league, or he can play on our top line. Another player we need to protect in the ED though, but he'd be worth it.

I can’t see Toffoli coming to Vancouver, as the asking price will be *way* too high.   Would’ve been nice though.

I think it’s very likely that we’ll see Wayne Simmonds here quite soon.   

Ps - I heard a really funny joke earlier today, but it’s quite dark and it would likely offend many people.  Again - I’m a sick bastard however.   The joke involves Quinn Hughes, Tyler Myers, and Wayne Simmonds.  If you want to hear the joke, and you’re thick skinned, you’re more than welcome to PM me, but I won’t be posting it publicly.

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Tyler Toffoli and Wayne Simmonds