The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wet'suwet'en Protests and Blockades in BC

DonLever

56 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

So a convoy of truckers or farmers impairing people's ability to do business because they are protesting for whatever reason would fall under the same legislation?  Or does the legislation only apply to a bunch of leftist groups doing the protests?

It was just announced..I don't know. If you two do know feel free to share.

Otherwise the hypothetical stuff is a waste of time imo.

42 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

It was just announced..I don't know. If you two do know feel free to share.

Otherwise the hypothetical stuff is a waste of time imo.

Just wondering since you seemed for the legislation.   Legit questions showcasing how that legislation could be used against protests that you/I may support that are not your typical leftist/environmentalist protests.

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Just wondering since you seemed for the legislation.   Legit questions showcasing how that legislation could be used against protests that you/I may support that are not your typical leftist/environmentalist protests.

I agree. If it's taken out of context it certainly could be something like that and ironically JK was in a government that attempted to do that federally

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

You guys don't support freedom of expression. / protest.  You should both consider moving to China...  but i recommed you wait a few months...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

You guys don't support freedom of expression. / protest.  You should both consider moving to China...  but i recommed you wait a few months...

Easy...I support the blockades that are hurting people. I mean who needs medicine, pick up their kids, get to work, care for family members, etc.

I also think that we must always respect and honour the voice of the minority unelected people. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Easy...I support the blockades that are hurting people. I mean who needs medicine, pick up their kids, get to work, care for family members, etc.

I also think that we must always respect and honour the voice of the minority unelected people. 

CDN governments once again dropped the ball in how they negotiated with our first nations people.

Reconciliation is a farce in Canada.   Apartheid is more the norm.....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/treaty-negotiator-letter-wetsuweten-1.5469932

Former B.C. treaty negotiator is calling out the provincial government for its role in the Wet'suwet'en conflict over the Coastal GasLink pipeline, saying the provincial and federal governments acknowledged long ago that the hereditary chiefs are the appropriate people to negotiate with on matters of rights and title. 

Brian Domney penned an open letter to B.C. Premier John Horgan last week and shared it with CBC News, writing that the conflict today is largely rooted in government "shopping around the First Nations world" to find the individuals or groups that will support its agenda.

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

What sets his piece it apart from most of the others is the fact that Mulcair makes a fairly direct comparison between South Africa's apartheid regime and Canada's treatment of the First Nations, Inuit and Métis people. He's not wrong, either -- in fact, the apartheid system was based on Canada's Indian Act. Our residential schools, Indian Reserve and many other deeply racist systems inspired South Africa's oppressive regime

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/anne-theriault/canadas-apartheid_b_4468449.html

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

What sets his piece it apart from most of the others is the fact that Mulcair makes a fairly direct comparison between South Africa's apartheid regime and Canada's treatment of the First Nations, Inuit and Métis people. He's not wrong, either -- in fact, the apartheid system was based on Canada's Indian Act. Our residential schools, Indian Reserve and many other deeply racist systems inspired South Africa's oppressive regime

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/anne-theriault/canadas-apartheid_b_4468449.html

The guy you called the best pm ever wouldn't do anything about the 60s scoop I guess he supported it.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

YOU GUYS?????????????????????

WHEN DID I SAY I SUPPORT THE LEGISLATION I WAS RESPONDING TO.   

I WAS MERELY POINTING OUT THAT THE LEGISLATION COULD BE USED AGAINST PROTESTERS THAT STROME MAY SUPPORT. 

I'M USING ALL CAPS BECAUSE OF HOW MORONIC YOUR POST WAS.

DO NOT LUMP ME IN WITH THE KNUCKLEHEADS WHO SUPPORT THE LEGISLATION WITHOUT ACTUALLY KNOWING EVERYTHING THAT IT ENTAILS, INCLUDING THE POSSIBILITY IT COULD BE USED AGAINST THEM.

JUST BECAUSE I MAY NOT AGREE WITH YOUR POSITION ON THE COASTAL GAS LINK, DOES NOT MEAN IM SOME RIGHT WING CLIMATE CHANGE DENIER. 

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds

3 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

YOU GUYS?????????????????????

WHEN DID I SAY I SUPPORT THE LEGISLATION I WAS RESPONDING TO.   

I WAS MERELY POINTING OUT THAT THE LEGISLATION COULD BE USED AGAINST PROTESTERS THAT STROME MAY SUPPORT. 

I'M USING ALL CAPS BECAUSE OF HOW MORONIC YOUR POST WAS.

DO NOT LUMP ME IN WITH THE KNUCKLEHEADS WHO SUPPORT THE LEGISLATION WITHOUT ACTUALLY KNOWING EVERYTHING THAT IS ENTAILS, INCLUDING THE POSSIBILITY IT COULD BE USED AGAINST THEM.

Thats alot of caps dude...   don't go postal...

I apologize if i took your post the wrong way....

I hope you don't know where i  live..... 

Strome only supports protestors that are  oil patch dudes protesting the lack of Bitumen pipelines available for their employers....

Strome also supports F350 factory workers and their fight to get discounts to their friends wanting to upgrade from the 150 to the F 350.

Strome is hoping he can get in on this deal.

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Thats alot of caps dude...   don't go postal...

I apologize if i took your post the wrong way....

I hope you don't know where i  live..... 

Strome only supports protestors that are  oil patch dudes protesting the lack of Bitumen pipelines available for their employers....

Strome also supports F350 factory workers and their fight to get discounts to their friends wanting to upgrade from the 150 to the F 350.

Strome is hoping he can get in on this deal.

What is it you do for a living again? 

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

I would never let a stranger on the internet know my private info.

Sorry.   I am not calling you a stalker...... but people need to be careful nowdays....

Professional bowler, right?  You’re really Earl Anthony?  

• Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Professional bowler, right?  You’re really Earl Anthony?  

Pro bowling was certainly a crazy life.. while it lasted...

I took it for granted...  didn't put the work in and let it all slide away......   So many regrets now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Pro bowling was certainly a crazy life.. while it lasted...

I took it for granted...  didn't put the work in and let it all slide away......   So many regrets now. 

Without the proper shoes a pro bowler’s career can get stuck. 

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

For me it was the lack of strength training. Just never got serious about putting in big hours in the gym each day....

My eating habits were crap as i should have moved to organics earlier....   

I also should have moved to vodka /club soda earlier....   but i went way too  many years on the beer/  rum  and coke routine...

If only i could go back in time with what i know now ...

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Good comeback tonight... i thought  you were down and out for the night .. too much celebrating the win earlier for you...

Wow , you really bounced back.  Did you drink a few coffees to sober up...

iGPraF4.jpg

• Haha 1

One thing I'm curious about @kingofsurrey:

You've been going back and forth in this thread, lamenting the terrible treatment of First Nations over the years, as well as the lack of action on Climate Change (two things I agree with, although I support Coastal Gas Link)

I'm wondering what your position would be if the Hereditary chiefs were in favor of the project?

Would you be calling them "Climate Change deniers", or saying things like, "they don't care about the environment"? And if you did, would others here then be within their rights to say that you "don't care about the plight of First Nations peoples?

It's been said over and over: Not everything is black and white.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

One thing I'm curious about @kingofsurrey:

You've been going back and forth in this thread, lamenting the terrible treatment of First Nations over the years, as well as the lack of action on Climate Change (two things I agree with, although I support Coastal Gas Link)

I'm wondering what your position would be if the Hereditary chiefs were in favor of the project?

Would you be calling them "Climate Change deniers", or saying things like, "they don't care about the environment"? And if you did, would others here then be within their rights to say that you "don't care about the plight of First Nations peoples?

It's been said over and over: Not everything is black and white.

now this is an interesting question Well played

16 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well it does say riot or seeks to impair..

I'm just bringing up a salient point regarding it.  There's a real possibility that a few thousand health care workers could be fired.  Many others will potentially see wages/benefits pulled back

Should they protest in front of medical centres they could be actually charged under that proposed legislation.

Just wanted to bring that to light nothing more