Sign in to follow this  
DonLever

Wet'suwet'en Protests and Blockades in BC

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Trust fund guy..... 

 

If you don't mind me asking... do you work ? Whats it like to work ?

 

 

So, you don't work.

 

But feel qualified to tell others who how to do their jobs or why they shouldn't?

 

As well as dictating what first Nations bands should and should not do with their land based on your vast experience in the....where?

 

Well.  If that doesn't just put a lot of what you drone on about in to perspective

Edited by Warhippy
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

So, you don't work.

 

But feel qualified to tell others who how to do their jobs or why they shouldn't?

 

As well as dictating what first Nations bands should and should not do with their land based on your vast experience in the....where?

 

Well.  If that doesn't just put a lot of what you drone on about in to perspective

I was joking. I wish i had a trust fund.

I have worked my whole life... stating picking raspberry at age 10 and never have not worked.....  Never even been on EI for a day in my life..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

 

 

I'm wondering what your position would be if the Hereditary chiefs were in favor of the project?

 

Would you be calling them "Climate Change deniers", or saying things like, "they don't care about the environment"? And if you did, would others here then be within their rights to say that you "don't care about the plight of First Nations peoples?

 

 

Yes, of course if they support this project they would be climate change deniers.... or people that don't care about the millions of people across our globe that are becoming climate refugeess.....

 

Of course i care about first nations living standards.. I would prefer to see first nations owning businesses in less climate destructive industry's / areas... I would also like to real full time continuing jobs for first nations band members....   Burying a pipe in the ground will not provide long term employment.

 

First of all, i would like to see CDN government and business negotiating with all appropriate levels of first nations government... not cherrying picking the first nations gov. group that will give them the lowest cost approval.   Be respectful of first nation governments.... all of them.    Negotiate in good faith and respect with our first nations.

 

Edited by kingofsurrey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yes, of course if they support this project they would be climate change deniers.... or people that don't care about the millions of people across our globe that are becoming climate refugeess.....

 

Of course i care about first nations living standards.. I would prefer to see first nations owning businesses in less climate destructive industry's / areas... I would also like to real full time continuing jobs for first nations band members....   Burying a pipe in the ground will not provide long term employment.

 

First of all, i would like to see CDN government and business negotiating with all appropriate levels of first nations government... not cherrying picking the first nations gov. group that will give them the lowest cost approval.   Be respectful of first nation governments.... all of them.    Negotiate in good faith and respect with our first nations.

 

It sounds like you're trying to have it both ways. :unsure:

 

You believe they would be "CC deniers" if they supported the project, but you'd also prefer the government negotiate with all levels of FN government? Why?

 

If supporting CGL meant that they "didn't care" about the "millions of climate refugees", wouldn't you prefer that the government just say no to any fossil fuel project outright and skip the negotiating process altogether?

 

You don't see that as just another white man telling First Nations how they can conduct themselves on their own land? How is that addressing the "genocide" of the past century, or so?

 

Do you believe that your suggestion of First nations "owning businesses" is the answer to poverty on Native land? What sort of businesses would you suggest? Or do your "suggestions" only entail what you believe they shouldn't do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

 

 

Do you believe that your suggestion of First nations "owning businesses" is the answer to poverty on Native land? What sort of businesses would you suggest? Or do your "suggestions" only entail what you believe they shouldn't do?

Yes, i think first nations owned business employing first nations workers is really an important step in raising first nations living standards.

Let the experts decide what business's would make the most sense.  I would love to see gov. start up funds available as well as gov. new business advisors.....  tax incentives...   hiring working subsidies etc....     Seems to be working well for Chief Louie in the Shuswap......   Just need to emulate their success around the province. 

 

Lowballing bands  and disrespecting their political leadership groups......  to bury pipe in their territory at the lowest cost possible...  Well there has to be a better way for long term economic benefit to these bands.... 

Edited by kingofsurrey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yes, i think first nations owned business employing first nations workers is really an important step in raising first nations living standards.

Let the experts decide what business's would make the most sense.  I would love to see gov. start up funds available as well as gov. new business advisors.....  tax incentives...   hiring working subsidies etc....     Seems to be working well for Chief Louie in the Shuswap......   Just need to emulate their success around the province. 

 

Lowballing bands  and disrespecting their political leadership groups......  to bury pipe in their territory at the lowest cost possible...  Well there has to be a better way for long term economic benefit to these bands.... 

And if the leaders of those bands disagree with your opinion? What if they think the LNG business is good for their members?

 

Then they're just money grubbing CC deniers, or are they just ignorant and don't possess your insight into what's what?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

And if the leaders of those bands disagree with your opinion? What if they think the LNG business is good for their members?

 

Then they're just money grubbing CC deniers, or are they just ignorant and don't possess your insight into what's what?

NO they would be regular folks trying to get a few bucks in their pockets to support their families. Making the wrong decision in my opinion though. 

 

 

Did you hear rumor that the RCMP members pension plan is heavily involved in stock from Coastal Gas LInks parent company.... ?

Interesting thought......  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

NO they would be regular folks trying to get a few bucks in their pockets to support their families. Making the wrong decision in my opinion though. 

 

 

Did you hear rumor that the RCMP members pension plan is heavily involved in stock from Coastal Gas LInks parent company.... ?

Interesting thought......  

 

I didn't. And I don't really put much stock in rumors....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

 

 

its clear that the chiefs backing the protests dont have the support of their people.  The blockades are now turning into people lighting fires on the tracks. Its only a matter of a short time before someone is killed. 

 

The 4 chiefs need to step back and call for calm, and get a negotiated solution to this, otherwise someones going to pay with their life. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

belleville-ont-rail-fire.jpg

 

 

You can these people did not graduate elementary school. Lighting a fire centimeters from a train is not the smartest thing to do. What if there explosives material in that container and it catches on fire.,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gäz said:

:picard: Idiots.

we're just days from someone using an explosive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I didn't. And I don't really put much stock in rumors....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_ca/article/g5xwn4/rcmp-pensions-are-invested-in-controversial-gas-pipeline-owner

 

4% of the fund is invested in natural resources

 

 

Edited by Violator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we're just days from someone using an explosive. 

Sure starting to feel like it. It's sad how many extraneous people are inserting themselves so devotedly into this protest in the name of Indigenous rights.

Edited by Gäz
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

you can only invest so much in patchouli and quinoa farms. 

Chances are most people have investments in alot of diverse areas the idea is to give back the best rate of return.I doubt adding $10-$15 dollars a month will mean the billy clubs come out faster thus sacrificing there retirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Violator said:

Chances are most people have investments in alot of diverse areas the idea is to give back the best rate of return.I doubt adding $10-$15 dollars a month will mean the billy clubs come out faster thus sacrificing there retirement.

yeah its a pretty weak attempt to attack the RCMP members. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Violator said:

RCMP is managed by psp. PSP has invested in TC who has funds in natural gas. Some of those funds were costal gas link. In December TC sold 65% of its natural gas stake to Alberta, us and Korea.  
 

any conclusion stating that the RCMP has a conflict of interest is really trying to pull at straws on that claim. 

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat
  • Hydration 1
  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.