The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wet'suwet'en Protests and Blockades in BC

DonLever

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

RCMP is managed by psp. PSP has invested in TC who has funds in natural gas. Some of those funds were costal gas link. In December TC sold 65% of its natural gas stake to Alberta, us and Korea.  

any conclusion stating that the RCMP has a conflict of interest is really trying to pull at straws on that claim. 

Its vice news they are really good on some stuff.

But this is just meddling in canadian politics by a big us media company.

• Cheers 1

its hard not to see todays shenanigans of lighting fires on train tracks as anything other than domestic economic terrorism. Not sure what else to call it. 

If this gets much worse we might actually see the Emergencies Act be invoked to protect the railway system (the old "war measures" act was replaced by this). I would hope it had unanimous or near-unanimous approval in the House but we'll see. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its hard not to see todays shenanigans of lighting fires on train tracks as anything other than domestic economic terrorism. Not sure what else to call it. 

If this gets much worse we might actually see the Emergencies Act be invoked to protect the railway system (the old "war measures" act was replaced by this). I would hope it had unanimous or near-unanimous approval in the House but we'll see. 

what would that do?

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hopefully the military is not full of climate change deniers.... and members refuse orders.

That would be great to see. 

Don’t disrespect the military and it’s members bud. You are way offside on that one. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hopefully the military is not full of climate change deniers.... and members refuse orders.

WTF does that have to do with having them try and protect the trains from being burned/derailing/etc?  

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

So shouting out a question starting before JT even left the room he was leaving and then heading down the hallway away from the "reporter" ambushing him with this obvious question is what?  If this was an obvious media availability or press conference you would have something.   This is just a bs hit job for knuckle dragging knuckleheads to fall for.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds

4 hours ago, Violator said:

Chances are most people have investments in alot of diverse areas the idea is to give back the best rate of return.I doubt adding $10-$15 dollars a month will mean the billy clubs come out faster thus sacrificing there retirement.

I am sure that if I went though my investments there will be some gas in there.  They have their toes in a bit of everything just incase something goes bad then it doesn't affect all investments and crash portfolios completely.  Thats generally why they don't put more than 5% in many investments just to make sure things dont go south to quick so trying to bash the RCMP saying its a conflict of interest is wrong.  

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

IMO that pretty hack job reporting if I ever saw them.  These reporters on both sides think they can just yell anything to get a response and expect them to answer and when they don't they bash them.  Theres a time and a place to do reporting and ask questions and this clearly wasn't one of those times.

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

please try to think before you type. We can't allow people to burn tires on railways. Even you should see that. 

2 hours ago, Squamfan said:

@kingofsurrey what your opinion on throwing stuff at trains, lighting fire when trains are passing, threatening the engineers 

All terrible acts.  Gutless and dangerous.  Protests can be done peacefully and safely.....

I do appreciate blocking the tracks though.  When our government acts immorally / unethically  useds para-military force ( RCMP ) to occupy unceded first nations territory..... then of course citizens will take direct action / protest.   

The genocide / apartheid against Canada first nations  people needs to end now.

Edited by kingofsurrey