The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wet'suwet'en Protests and Blockades in BC

DonLever

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I suppose you make a good point there. But like I told Jimmy I feel like each party to get over the hump needs to cater to the extremes on both sides. In my opinion our political process creates the issue we have.

And you're not wrong.  The cons and libs have created the state of things and the system that perpetuates it.

I suggest a reset or revolution because they're the exact same entity  and nothing will ever change while we keep voting them in

• Cheers 1

@Warhippy

Obviously I will never support the NDP but I won't hate you because you do. But what these people are doing and you full well know this is putting the country at a stand still hurting people, hurting families, costing people money all for their political view. There is a big difference between this going on and wexit.

Edited by Ryan Strome

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I thought the exact same thing when the premier said that. Sounds like a Donald Trump response LOL. And no I find your comparison laughable I don't see any wexit supporters hurting people, the economy and the environment. 

It's not laughable though.  You're only keying in to one aspect and not the overall statements.

They're the same animal

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

It's not laughable though.  You're only keying in to one aspect and not the overall statements.

They're the same animal

I can agree with that and if they wanted to make their political views heard in a proper dialogue I could respect that but hurting the vulnerable and the country for your own minority gain is completely wrong.

@Warhippy

Obviously I will never support the NDP but I won't hate you because you do. But what these people are doing and you full well know this is putting the country out of stand still hurting people hurting families costing people money all for their political view. There is a big difference between this going on and wexit.

I'm not arguing that at all.

I take these groups as being of the same animals.

Wexit/right groups:. Give us what we want or we'll do this or that

Protestors and far left groups:. Give us what we want or we'll do this or that

Quebec saw a flood of money leave during the referendum on seperation.  Alberta would see the same.  These groups are the same in that they want what they want and that's it.  Screw the majority.

I do not agree with these protests.  It's harming people, business, the economy and more importantly reinforcing the idea many gave that first Nations bands will demand what they want until they get it then demand more.

It's a zero sum game.  No winning here at all.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I can agree with that and if they wanted to make their political views heard in a proper dialogue I could respect that but hurting the vulnerable and the country for your own minority gain is completely wrong.

You're not wrong.

Again, I don't agree with this.  The vocal minority screwing over everyone regardless of political leaning.

• Thanks 1

BUSINESS REPORT: Canada’s stock market is the 2nd worst performer in the world, next to Venezuela

According to a report by Maclean’s magazine, since the market peak in 2008 just before the great recession, and out of 106 world stock markets, Canada stands at 105th. It’s the worst performer next to, now catch this, Venezuela.

10 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

oh I know you don't agree with the protest. My point is wexit isn't doing this, wexit is a political movement. 

Reading the Wexit manifesto, is it REALLY that different?

The only difference between the two groups is action vs act.  One of these groups is acting, the other is in action.

But again, it comes down to two groups on opposite sides of the political spectrum vying for control over that minority power effectively screwing over the larger good.  Just imagine what will happen during the next federal election if the Wexit group successfully splits the right vote in Alberta/Sask.  Think having Trudeau at the helm right now is an issue, imagine him with an additional term because the vocal minority managed to screw it up without erecting a blockade

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Reading the Wexit manifesto, is it REALLY that different?

The only difference between the two groups is action vs act.  One of these groups is acting, the other is in action.

But again, it comes down to two groups on opposite sides of the political spectrum vying for control over that minority power effectively screwing over the larger good.  Just imagine what will happen during the next federal election if the Wexit group successfully splits the right vote in Alberta/Sask.  Think having Trudeau at the helm right now is an issue, imagine him with an additional term because the vocal minority managed to screw it up without erecting a blockade

Could be worse...could have Sheer. 

3 hours ago, NeilColville said:

most protesters don’t have a job. They provide little, or if anything useful to society. They are the ones that just want to bitch about something. They care so strongly about the environment yet will burn a pile of &^@#ing tires on the rail tracks. 

stereotyping at best.... racist at worst....

24 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

hopefully Rona makes surprise announcement  

thats what I was hoping. I haven't voted for a conservative in a long time but she would have made it possible, I would have a hard time between her and Freeland, but not Trudeau. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

BUSINESS REPORT: Canada’s stock market is the 2nd worst performer in the world, next to Venezuela

According to a report by Maclean’s magazine, since the market peak in 2008 just before the great recession, and out of 106 world stock markets, Canada stands at 105th. It’s the worst performer next to, now catch this, Venezuela.

Whenever a Canadian company becomes too successful it is dealt with harshly by American industrial espionage. Whether it be tariffs, scandal, or protests. Bombardier, BlackBerry, Nortel, Keystone. Our neighbors to the South won’t let us succeed. Yet we are good customers so we can buy from them.

• Upvote 1