The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Preds @ Nucks Feb 10 2020 - 7pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yes it is haha 

Actually there was a very revealing short interview the other day, between periods that I didn't see anyone talk about.  
I can't remember the exact player (it was either a Bruin or a Wild player) but they essentially said "It's no secret that Vancouver is a very dangerous team in the offensive zone and ...  not as good in the defensive zone, so we just tried to keep the puck in their zone"  

Edit: implying that it's the book on the Canucks...  and we've seen it lots of times this year where it looks like we can't get the puck out of our zone for what seems like an eternity. 

It's no mystery. Virtually every team (good ones at least) plays hard forechecking, physically punishing hockey against us in our own zone because they know we crumble & cough up the puck a lot under pressure.

The real mystery is, what are we doing (or rather, not doing) to break out with the puck against such tactics? I think the "Canucks Rules" book has been out for so long that it's now like the 4th edition this year, and every other team has read it and memorized it.

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

On a sidenote, I'm watching the Predators' stream and I have to say that they have one of the classiest and most unbiased TV teams.  

They keep gushing over Quinn Hughes and Marky :) 

All of Tennessee is just so gosh darned nice. 

Just now, 1-d said:

It's no mystery. Virtually every team (good ones at least) plays hard forechecking, physically punishing hockey against us in our own zone because they know we crumble & cough up the puck a lot under pressure.

The real mystery is, what are we doing (or rather, not doing) to break out with the puck against such tactics? I think the "Canucks Rules" book has been out for so long that it's now like the 4th edition this year, and every other team has read it and memorized it.

They just mixed up the question numbers in each chapter and are charging for a new edition.  I've seen that before in uni :) 

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Heaviest forward line up we have seen in some time.   

Big number one line with a guy that can punch.  

Strong number two line with Petey and two heavier players. We know Virt will drop them if needed.

Still waiting for Roussel to break out. He is still feeling his way back after a bad injury.

Bailery on the 4th...fast and big. Can score in the A.

Can't wait for the game!!

I hope that Bailey gets a real shot at it here.  It would be nice if he could play in the top 3 lines of course, as he can skate and obviously he can finish.

• Like 1