Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 10, 2020

Rate this topic

jaker shake and baking with his 16th hes having a huge season  proving all the trolls hes no bust

• Like 4

Saw the anthem singer at the concourse. I told her she sang well.

• Hydration 2
  • Sedinery 2

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

When poile traded Jones for RJ and got Duchene it was pretty clear he had blown a gasket.  

I don't think the trade was that bad at the time, as Preds were stacked at D.  But yeah, Duchene was a headscratcher.

Man, Mac's goal was beautiful.  I was so pumped to see such a nice one to start em off.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I was a worker bee back when Pavel first arrived.  I was driving home from work during that first game listening to Jim Robson’s radio call.  I literally could feel the electric energy come through the radio.  It was crazy.  I got home, and said to the wife the Canucks finally have a super star.  She laughed.  Later, after going to see Pavel live from row six, even she (a devout Leaf’s fan) thought Bure was the most electrifying player she had ever seen.  We went to see Pavel a lot back in his first couple years.  We always sat up close.  He was incredibly fast, and amazing with the puck at high speed.  I haven’t seen McDavid play live, but from watching him on TV, I say he’s a lot like Pavel with the puck on his stick at top speed.  

I thought you were acting back then Alfi!? ..hehe..

I am now in my early 30's..Growing up I was obsessed with the Nux..believe it or not but I don't know if you remember him but Sergio Mommeso was my neighbour..

My neighbour who lived across from me , His name is Dennis..I used to live in a pretty much Italian neighbourhood..on 1st to be exact.. always wondered..(because they used to throw me in net - street hockey) how in the flyin' eff do these guys shoot so hard..left me with bruises..

Anyways, Dennis told me one day, 'Hey do you know who this is?' , So because of him, I did get to attend plenty of games, lots of autographs..Never met Bure in person but I witnessed a shift front row where he did circles around everyone and my jaw dropped!

Lumme, Babych, Ronning and some of the Canucks staff I got to meet in person and I'll always chersh those memories.

• Like 3
  • Hydration 1

12 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Just watched the freekin game!! 

I freekin knew two young guys would add jump!!BIG MAC WITH A GOAL AND FREEKIN HITS!!BAILEY DRAWING A PENALTY AND SKATING LIKE A FREEKIN SPEED DEMON OUT THERE!!

YEE SKIPITY!!!

Have to give you a big time plus ... You said freekin four times in that! ;)

• Haha 1

When this team hits, we dominate. Had a horrible second period but team MVP Markstrom kept us in it in the second and then we carried out in the third. 

We can't be taking off periods like that against the good teams but I'll take the 2 points! 

Stecher has been playing very well lately and isn't getting any props around here. Doing a lot of the fine details right. 

Also, obviously we should extend Newell Brown. :D Jkplzdont

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

spacer.png

I've seen McDavid live probably 5 times now. He has games where he looks like Pavel for sure but I think Pavel was more electrifying. McDavid's iq is better though and his play making ability is absolutely sensational but Bure was just a highlight reel. It's really close, and there's definitely games where he looks exactly like Pavel and then there's games where he doesn't drive the play at all. This year there's not many games where he looks invisible though. He's still learning which is the scary part. Absolutely the best player of the game and is definitely in the same league for electricity as Bure but Bure just seemed so consistent in the games where he tried to carry the team, in my opinion. I was younger though so I probably have bias. 

• Like 3

Awesome Game!

Marky saved the win!

Hughes,  no need to talk too much about him,  how a great player!

Congrat to MacEwen and Benn for the goals.

MacEwen with Bo line looks pretty good.

Bailey and BigMac brought lots of energy to the team.

Finally, don't change this jerseys.  It looks sooooo goooooood!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I slept in over here in Greece and missed the first period.  

Did Myers fight someone? Does anyone have a clip please? 

Liked the injection of size grit and energy the call ups gave the team,  beauty goal ZM

Go Canucks go

• Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, beni said:

I would like to see those jerseys more often

as much as I love those jerseys and the nostalgia that they bring. The true colors of this franchise are blue and green just like our mountains and ocean. Anytime I look at a picture of Vancouver or come down any of the major bridges I see blue and green. Two unique color combinations that fit the city of Vancouver like no other. IMO and many people will disagree is that the logo needs to be changed.

• Hydration 2

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Last year goals by defencemen in 82 games = 24. Goals by defencemen so far this year = 25.

Two biggest differences that result in wins for us is defensive activation in the o-zone and being physical on the forecheck. When we have both those things going we win 90% of the time. Great stat find. 

1 minute ago, Schneider.Man604 said:

as much as I love those jerseys and the nostalgia that they bring. The true colors of this franchise are blue and green just like our mountains and ocean. Anytime I look at a picture of Vancouver or come down any of the major bridges I see blue and green. Two unique color combinations that fit the city of Vancouver like no other. IMO and many people will disagree is that the logo needs to be changed.

I really hate your opinion. I'm sorry this came off aggressive but we need these jerseys badly. I'm as desperate as a nerd who finally received some type of acknowledgment from the cute girl in class. Don't ruin this for us. 

• Confused 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Generally good game. Team had some real fire in the 1st. 2nd wasn't so great - Marky had to be spectacular. And he was.

6 to 2. Now imagine a healthy and productive Brock, and Ferland in the lineup. Could easily have been 8-2 against a (typically) very good Nashville squad.

Seriously, I think our win was equal parts our team playing well with their team not playing so well at times, combined with Marky's heroics. Still, a good game.

Thought Bailey showed very well. I would like to see more of him up with the big club. He is way faster than I realized, and shows some real push.

• Hydration 1

5 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Generally good game. Team had some real fire in the 1st. 2nd wasn't so great - Marky had to be spectacular. And he was.

6 to 2. Now imagine a healthy and productive Brock, and Ferland in the lineup. Could easily have been 8-2 against a (typically) very good Nashville squad.

Seriously, I think our win was equal parts our team playing well with their team not playing so well at times, combined with Marky's heroics. Still, a good game.

Thought Bailey showed very well. I would like to see more of him up with the big club. He is way faster than I realized, and shows some real push.

I'm kinda glad Brock is out. I hope he can go spend some time with his Dad.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Whaleroad Train said:

Honorable mention to Miller's knee.

And that guy drinking his beer.