The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 10, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Yep. Trolls still in full force. FiRe GrEeN! FiRe NeWeLl BrOwN! WoRsT ReBuIlD eVeR!

Thats how this fanbase rolls tragically.  

Well you’re delusional if you think 1 game against a opponent that we bopped all year on the powerplay makes me forget how bad it been lately

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darth Canuck said:

I drank some beer during the first, 4-0. Was kinda full, didn’t drink too much during the 2nd, 4-2. Drank some more beer, 6-2. I guess I know what I have do from now on!

Go Canucks! (I gotta go pee)

If we win the cup I’ll give you part of my liver for your contributions.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Will take the win BUT we can’t always rely on puck luck going our way and once again Marky standing on his head to keep them from closing in 

we are letting ourselves give up some great scoring chances so it’s not just a matter of being outshot

we need more pre game nostalgia and more of the black jerseys .... seems to get the guys going 

i agree with the jerseys, but green still did something wrong?
EDIT: thats your que.

Edited by TNucks1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

I agree next year start fresh with the black/red/yellow and white/red/yellow and put Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment jerseys out to pasture.

I would make the 3rd jersey the blue/green/white stick in rink.

We need to bombard Aquaman's twitter and get him on board!!!

Edited by goog16
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Can't change the way this team is winning.  Puck luck and Marky are key parts of that.  

Every successful team in the NHL has pick luck and a good goalie that saves the day. 

What can happen is playing a tighter game.  After every short stretch of loses, this team does seem to come together and play better hockey to get out of the slump.  

Coaches make adjustments, players make adjustments.  

Putting to very hungry AHL players in the lineup to play some north south rock em sock em hockey was a good adjustment.  

Schaller lacks the high energy.  IDK why he isn't playing harder for his next deal, but I bet he steps up his game or sits.  Heck I would keep Zac and Justin and send Schaller down.  

If we lose him to waivers... good, we need to shed some surpluss forwards.  I bet if Schaller hits the AHL, he picks up his game fast.  

This team hit a speed bump last week, as the Division leader, they now have other teams playing them harder than we have seen in years.  That home loss to Calgary and the loss in Boston were slaps to the face.  The team responded.  

My only concerns heading into the final stretch are key untimely injuries and no push back.  

Justin  and Zac will push back, not knuckle daggers, but guys who are playing for they careers and have nothing to loose.  

The team needs to find it's next gear and get ready for the post season.  Once there, playing the same team for a few games will bring out some animosity in our guys.  Like I have said from game 1, this is a team no one wants to face round 1.  Darkhorse candidate of the year.  

Agree with this. Marky is the key for sure. As long as they dont wear him out. We do have a capable backup. There is still a lot of shots against. Im not so sure a top 6 is what we need but maybe another D man. Hughes looks great though. He also controlled the game.

Inserting Bailey and Macewan last night certainly made a difference. They both were noticeable and i think made a few more players play big. Size with skill has been missing for a while.

I would have no issue with Schaller being sent down. He is a depth player for us at best.

Nice to see the energy come back to the team, that was sorely missing the last 4 games. Maybe the flu , Maybe the long road trip. Maybe Sedin week. but its good to see some skating.

I am not planning any parades yet but am cautiously optimistic.  Get into the playoffs. Anything can happen. A hot goalie and look out.

• Huggy Bear 1

^^^  as a fan base, we are all a bit suspicious of nice things.  For good reasons.  

Has this team lost tonight or played poorly, I would have been surprised.  Still not counting any eggs, but it would take more than 3 bad games for Green to lose the room and for the guys those their mojo.  

14 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Can we just bring back the Skate already.  This team plays better in Black than blue.  

Everytime the team don's the old Black, red and gold the guys play like the 94 team.  Keep it 

I want to see a black, red, gold, 94 skate jersey, up vote button as well. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1