The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 10, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Not many people disliked the black and gold skate jersey from last night.  They were pretty universally loved.......and feared

I haven't heard a single negative comment on the black skate jerseys being worn this season. and we seem to always win with them on. I dig the unique vibe they give off. hopefully they are kept as an alternate beyond this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Line up last night:

Pearson - Pettersson - Virtanen

Miller - Horvat - MacEwen

Roussel - Gaudette - Sutter

Bailey - Beagle - Eriksson 

Schaller

IR: Ferland, Leivo, Boeser

In 2-3 weeks with everyone healthy:

Miller - Horvat - Boeser

Ferland - Gaudette - Leivo

Roussel - Beagle - Sutter

Eriksson

I don't think we need deadline help.

Macewan and Bailey were flying around throwing hits every time I saw them. Clearly relishing their chance in the big league and a great example of the depth our farm team is able to bring no matter the type of player being called up.

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Line up last night:

Miller - Horvat - MacEwen

Roussel - Gaudette - Sutter

Bailey - Beagle - Eriksson 

Schaller

IR: Ferland, Leivo, Boeser

In 2-3 weeks with everyone healthy:

Miller - Horvat - Boeser

Ferland - Gaudette - Leivo

Roussel - Beagle - Sutter

Eriksson

I don't think we need deadline help.

Rather see this:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Ferland - Horvat - Virtanen

Roussel - Gaudette - MacEwen

Motte - Beagle - Sutter

Bailey

Eriksson, Leivo, and Pearson gone.

21 minutes ago, the grinder said:

Bure has been here before for other ceremonies   , so he sent a video message  that's not disrespectful ,  was Linden disrespectful not showing up last time  ? so what  Pavel didn't want fly from Russia  to Vancouver  to wave to the crowd for 2 mins and that's worthy yanking his jersey from the rafters .  Show some respect to Bure , our hhof  representive ,the first true superstar in Canuck history 

It's disrespectful to the guys that were all there for him when he got it retired. 

Linden did NOT miss a retirement ceremony of two guys joining him up in the rafters (this is the first time in history any team has had a dual retirement) 

I won't show some respect because I think it's a classless move by Pavel. 

Dont get me wrong, he was my favourite player for about 5 years... I have countless Bure cards and a framed picture signed by him. I respect his talent and hall of fame career.

I'll tell you that he's one of the most electrifying goal scorers in nhl history... And his goals per game backs that up. 

But it's an absolute PRIVILEGE to have your # retired... Once you accept the privilege then you must be present. 

I'm not taking anything away from his play on the ice, he was our first super star. But he isn't a "Canuck at heart" and his absence has proven that.

Edited by apollo
  • Wat 1

4 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

17 goals in 3 games against Nashville to sweep the season series, too bad we don’t play them again this season.

Win the division and there is a chance that we play them if the they grab a wild card.  Last night was big for us, but that was a massive game for Nashville.

6 minutes ago, canuckfromlangley said:

This is what the NHL DoPS decides to go after. I've seen Canucks get concussed and careers ended and nothing happens. But a little slash by a Canuck that's the line you don't cross.

NO kidding.  Just before the fight with myers and watson, Watson instigated by cross -checking myers in the face... not even a penalty. Nhl player safety is a &^@#ing joke.

56 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Trevor Hanson should be fined for his amateur/jobber performances in the Boston and Calgary games.

The money should go to Pettersson - to donate to the cause of his choice.

Anyhow, carry on DOPeS

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

:blink: homie I’m extremely respectful to people. I treat people the way id wont to be to treat, attacking my character because I don’t agree with your opinion about our powerplays is pathetic.

yeah, you seem like a real "look on the bright side" kind of guy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Not many people disliked the black and gold skate jersey from last night.  They were pretty universally loved.......and feared

I liked them at the time.  I have one.  It was more the logo itself people didn't like.  A downwards skate? Kind of complicated as well, compared to the classic simple ones of the original six. But I think the Canucks have a history of "almost" getting it right with their crests.  (Kind of like their SCFs). All of their logos have problems in one way or another.

Stick n Rink:  boring as #@%@.  Looks like its designed by someone who had no ideas, but a deadline, so he thought he could get away with simply an outline of a hockey rink and a stick. yawn.  And no, you can't really see a "C" in there. The newer jazzed up version isn't much better.

Flying V:  Love the concept. Jersey + logo in one. I don't think that's ever been tried before.  (Although the Avs came close with their ugly as sin winter classic jersey) Ahead of its time, and also, the colours just did not work, especially the dominant yellow one.  Ugh. The black one is stellar.

Downward Skate: The black uni is probably the most striking they ever did. The balance of the gold, orange, yellow, black works so well. But the logo I find odd, one skate, moving downwards, and complicated pattern with "Canucks" kind of forced onto the skate as an disproportionately large blade.

Orca, in its many forms: Never completely happy with it. I don't mind using an Orca as our logo. And I like the idea of using aboriginal art.  But this looks like a whale breaking out of some kind of boxy cocoon. If they were using a Haida whale, then just use that. Adapt the tail as part of it. Just awkward design. Like all the others.

Even the sacred Johnny Canuck logo was off. Looks like he's running on the ice off the tips of his skates. Too cartoony.

Yeah I'm picky, as a designer myself. But IMO we have never had a decent, simple, (but not too simple) logo.  Well we did.  When the current designer,  Brent Lynch, first proposed an updated Johnny Canuck logo.  Which was rejected by the owners.  That one went on to become the Vancouver Giants logo.  We should have had that one IMO, adapted to the Canucks name. That was OUR logo. :angry:

Oh yeah, great game boys! 

We are to Nashville at home, like Winnipeg is to us in their barn.

We have to fix our defensive game though. Just awful at times in simply moving the puck out when we have control. Hanging on to it too long, panicking with it and handing it right back. Stecher, Tanev and Hughes are the only ones I trust with the puck in the D zone.

• Wat 1

4 hours ago, johngould21 said:

I'm old enough to remember that through the years every jersey was panned by this fanbase. EVERY ONE of them. Those yellow and black ones were mocked throughout the league for one. I still think the stick in rink is the best by far.

The skate was always good, the flying V was abysmal, both were Black and Gold.  

The rink was mocked too.  Funny thing, when it came back, the team was doing really well, so maybe it has more to do with winning vs jerseys.  

Still, win lose or draw, the Flying V was awful.  

Just now, kilgore said:

I liked them at the time.  I have one.  It was more the logo itself people didn't like.  A downwards skate? Kind of complicated as well, compared to the classic simple ones of the original six. But I think the Canucks have a history of "almost" getting it right with their crests.  (Kind of like their SCFs). All of their logos have problems in one way or another.

Stick n Rink:  boring as #@%@.  Looks like its designed by someone who had no ideas, but a deadline, so he thought he could get away with simply an outline of a hockey rink and a stick. yawn.  And no, you can't really see a "C" in there. The newer jazzed up version isn't much better.

Flying V:  Love the concept. Jersey + logo in one. I don't think that's ever been tried before.  (Although the Avs came close with their ugly as sin winter classic jersey) Ahead of its time, and also, the colours just did not work, especially the dominant yellow one.  Ugh. The black one is stellar.

Downward Skate: The black uni is probably the most striking they ever did. The balance of the gold, orange, yellow, black works so well. But the logo I find odd, one skate, moving downwards, and complicated pattern with "Canucks" kind of forced onto the skate as an disproportionately large blade.

Orca, in its many forms: Never completely happy with it. I don't mind using an Orca as our logo. And I like the idea of using aboriginal art.  But this looks like a whale breaking out of some kind of boxy cocoon. If they were using a Haida whale, then just use that. Adapt the tail as part of it. Just awkward design. Like all the others.

Even the sacred Johnny Canuck logo was off. Looks like he's running on the ice off the tips of his skates. Too cartoony.

Yeah I'm picky, as a designer myself. But IMO we have never had a decent, simple, (but not too simple) logo.  Well we did.  When the current designer,  Brent Lynch, first proposed an updated Johnny Canuck logo.  Which was rejected by the owners.  That one went on to become the Vancouver Giants logo.  We should have had that one IMO, adapted to the Canucks name. That was OUR logo. :angry:

Oh yeah, great game boys! 

We are to Nashville at home, like Winnipeg is to us in their barn.

We have to fix our defensive game though. Just awful at times in simply moving the puck out when we have control. Hanging on to it too long, panicking with it and handing it right back. Stecher, Tanev and Hughes are the only ones I trust with the puck in the D zone.

In my opinion, the S&R is one of the worst logos in the history of pro sports.........I like the bue and green, but logo is about as lame as it gets.  I grew up with the skate and though it's not always easy to see, I did love it and the colour scheme can't be beat, imo.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Hahaha

Oh....its not a joke account?

Just did some checking on the Preds site. Nope. No injury from it.  I don't know the last time I saw a "maximum fine" for a slash in a game after the fact. Its a good whack, but its not like Weber is crippled by it.  This is a two minute penalty at most.  Unless it was about throwing the stick, inadvertently, into the crowd, but that's not the reason they gave. What a joke, compared to the head hunting that many times doesn't even get called on the ice.