The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 10, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Hahaha

Oh....its not a joke account?

Just did some checking on the Preds site. Nope. No injury from it.  I don't know the last time I saw a "maximum fine" for a slash in a game after the fact. Its a good whack, but its not like Weber is crippled by it.  This is a two minute penalty at most.  Unless it was about throwing the stick, inadvertently, into the crowd, but that's not the reason they gave. What a joke, compared to the head hunting that many times doesn't even get called on the ice.

I would say because of circumstances the fine was handed out.

It was a hockey play slash but one that looked malicious only and could have done some serious damage

I agree with it for sure, but now they need to be consistent

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, apollo said:

It's disrespectful to the guys that were all there for him when he got it retired. 

Linden did NOT miss a retirement ceremony of two guys joining him up in the rafters (this is the first time in history any team has had a dual retirement) 

I won't show some respect because I think it's a classless move by Pavel. 

Dont get me wrong, he was my favourite player for about 5 years... I have countless Bure cards and a framed picture signed by him. I respect his talent and hall of fame career.

I'll tell you that he's one of the most electrifying goal scorers in nhl history... And his goals per game backs that up. 

But it's an absolute PRIVILEGE to have your # retired... Once you accept the privilege then you must be present. 

I'm not taking anything away from his play on the ice, he was our first super star. But he isn't a "Canuck at heart" and his absence has proven that.

Are you aware of the circumstances that prevented him from being there in person?

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Rather see this:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Ferland - Horvat - Virtanen

Roussel - Gaudette - MacEwen

Motte - Beagle - Sutter

Bailey

Eriksson, Leivo, and Pearson gone.

Lol, no way Blunt. No way we wreck that chemistry and trade Pearson unless we're bringing in Kreider in exchange. Hmmmm, that might just work as a returnable asset for the Rangers. Also we are stuck with Leivo due to injury concerns. Interesting take but that third line looks super suspect. 

On board with those who gave props to MacEwan and Bailey.  When our forecheck is working, we are extremely good.  When it isn't, we tend to get dominated.  These guys made it work. 

The game is so much about putting pressure on the opponent and breaking their systems down.  If you're not doing it, chances are the opponent is doing it to you.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, no way Blunt. No way we wreck that chemistry and trade Pearson unless we're bringing in Kreider in exchange. Hmmmm, that might just work as a returnable asset for the Rangers. Also we are stuck with Leivo due to injury concerns. Interesting take but that third line looks super suspect. 

Yeah. I threw it out there. :lol:.

I've heard that Kreider has no interest in a Canadian team though. I could see Pearson being traded for a defenseman like Dillon from San Jose. He does have chemistry with Bo though.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah. I threw it out there. :lol:.

I've heard that Kreider has no interest in a Canadian team though. I could see Pearson being traded for a defenseman like Dillon from San Jose. He does have chemistry with Bo though.

That's right. But you did get me thinking. Pearson would definitely be a good trade chip having years left on his contract and playing at high form. But .... CHEMISTRY! :towel:

15 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

KREIDER WILL NEVER BE A CANUCK!

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

Hahaha

Oh....its not a joke account?

Just did some checking on the Preds site. Nope. No injury from it.  I don't know the last time I saw a "maximum fine" for a slash in a game after the fact. Its a good whack, but its not like Weber is crippled by it.  This is a two minute penalty at most.  Unless it was about throwing the stick, inadvertently, into the crowd, but that's not the reason they gave. What a joke, compared to the head hunting that many times doesn't even get called on the ice.

This is the roussel I don’t like.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

And you seem like some dick with no friends.

I don't judge, but I do think we shouldn't talk about who 'seem(s) to like some dick' or not.  

This is a family site...  lol.  

Edited by Phat Fingers
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

I don't judge, but I do think we shouldn't talk about who 'seem(s) to like some dick' or not.  

This is a family site...  lol.  

My bad, it’s just he attack my character and said I sexually harass girls because I don’t like Newell brown