The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Devils + Nux [proposal]

Nikita Gusev 27 is the man I'm targeting this deadline if I'm JB. I feel the Canucks biggest need is 2 legit scoring lines. We have some very good shooters on the canucks with Pete, Brock, Miller, Pearson, even Virtanen can snipe. Gusev IMO is one of the best playmakers out there right now but his talents are wasted on NJ where pucks go to die. What would it take to get him out of there? Would a 3rd + Leivo + Schaller  git errr dunn?? IMO Bailey and Zack Mac are primed for the Canucks bottom 6 playoffs. The Devils get a pick and 2 guys to fill their roster and get them to a higher draft position this year who they can let walk at seasons end. for a guy who wont be a part of their rebuild. The Canucks get.

Miller Pete Virtanen

Gusev Horvat Boeser

Pearsson Gaudette Sutter

Roussel Beagle Bailey/Zack/Eriksson

Gusev I think would also be a great influence for Podkolzin and possibly Tryamkin, Goldobin. I'm not sure what his cost would be he's small 5'9 163 lbs and only has this seasons body of work in the NHL to judge him by which isn't overly staggerring on pace for 15g 34apples 49pts. My thoughts are that those numbers would drastically improve playing on the Canucks with 6 players on pace to crack 20g vs 2 in NJ.

EDIT: Changed pick to a 3rd as Leivo does add value and Gusev really isn't a fit in NJ. I'm sure they'd be happy to get his cap off the books sooner than later. Whereas I see Gusev as a guy who could be a really great fit here especially on the PP where we need it.

Edited by hammertime
  • Haha 1

Just now, DarkIndianRises said:

I’ve taken poo’s in the toilet that weigh more than Nicole Goosev.   

Canucks need to get tougher not weaker.

Bailey and Zack are tougher than Leivo, Schaller. I think that obssession with toughness is bordering goofy on a team with only 3 FWDs (Pete, Gaudette, Sutter) under 200lbs 4 if you count Eriksson I guess. I don't think we need to trade for a tough guy when we can simply call up tougher players.

I think there is a disconnect when the best playmaking FWD on the team is your top goalscorer. We have a plethora of shooters but lack distributors. IMO this team is only going as far as our PP in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

Nikita Gusev 27 is the man I'm targeting this deadline if I'm JB. I feel the Canucks biggest need is 2 legit scoring lines. We have some very good shooters on the canucks with Pete, Brock, Miller, Pearson, even Virtanen can snipe. Gusev IMO is one of the best playmakers out there right now but his talents are wasted on NJ where pucks go to die. What would it take to get him out of there? Would a 3rd + Leivo + Schaller  git errr dunn?? IMO Bailey and Zack Mac are primed for the Canucks bottom 6 playoffs. The Devils get a pick and 2 guys to fill their roster and get them to a higher draft position this year who they can let walk at seasons end. for a guy who wont be a part of their rebuild. The Canucks get.

Miller Pete Virtanen

Gusev Horvat Boeser

Pearsson Gaudette Sutter

Roussel Beagle Bailey/Zack/Eriksson

Gusev I think would also be a great influence for Podkolzin and possibly Tryamkin, Goldobin. I'm not sure what his cost would be he's small 5'9 163 lbs and only has this seasons body of work in the NHL to judge him by which isn't overly staggerring on pace for 15g 34apples 49pts. My thoughts are that those numbers would drastically improve playing on the Canucks with 6 players on pace to crack 20g vs 2 in NJ.

EDIT: Changed pick to a 3rd as Leivo does add value and Gusev really isn't a fit in NJ. I'm sure they'd be happy to get his cap off the books sooner than later. Whereas I see Gusev as a guy who could be a really great fit here especially on the PP where we need it.

We have Ferland coming back so that will really help..We don't need more soft small forwards... Need bigger bodies to do the dirty work in the corners..

Big no to Gusev..Can't see Jim making and trades that bring back big salary.. Also no trading more draft picks...

yes

following the #1 classic cdc trade proposal

we get 1 ... the best player in the deal

they get many .... all fringe excess players that we value little

good on you

so creative and thoughtful

exactly why does nj do this ???

they fired their coach

then their gm

does that look like a tanking team to you?

get real

• Cheers 1

Gusev is probably worth a late 1st early 2nd 

Kole Lind should be ready soon as well. 

We should've scored Gusev in the offseason before the Devils got him. Gusev would definitely inspire Tryamkin and Podkolzin to come but we don't have the assets to get Goose. For christ sake we've already traded our 1st this year we can't trade our 2nd too we still need a pipeline of guys coming up when our core is entering their prime. 

We should stand pat at the deadline we'll be a contender in a few years 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hammertime said:

Bailey and Zack are tougher than Leivo, Schaller. I think that obssession with toughness is bordering goofy on a team with only 3 FWDs (Pete, Gaudette, Sutter) under 200lbs 4 if you count Eriksson I guess. I don't think we need to trade for a tough guy when we can simply call up tougher players.

I think there is a disconnect when the best playmaking FWD on the team is your top goalscorer. We have a plethora of shooters but lack distributors. IMO this team is only going as far as our PP in the playoffs. 

Gaudette listed at 170? I didn't know he was that small.

Horvat listed as 215 but I seem to remember him telling Brock he was 203 on some tv show. If true, what a crock.

Edited by Chris12345

3 hours ago, wildcam said:

We have Ferland coming back so that will really help..We don't need more soft small forwards... Need bigger bodies to do the dirty work in the corners..

Big no to Gusev..Can't see Jim making and trades that bring back big salary.. Also no trading more draft picks...

I am not counting on Ferland he could sneeze and have to go to the quiet room. 

I am more concerned with adding a playmaker to the team than grinders. We have Miller, Bo, Virtanen, Pearsson, Roussel, Beagle, Bailey, Zack, Motte, Schaller, Leivo all capable in the corners what we don't have is a setup man other than Quinn Hughes. 

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

yes

following the #1 classic cdc trade proposal

we get 1 ... the best player in the deal

they get many .... all fringe excess players that we value little

good on you

so creative and thoughtful

exactly why does nj do this ???

they fired their coach

then their gm

does that look like a tanking team to you?

get real

Is this a poem?

Last I checked NJ was 8th of 8 in their div 10 pts back from 7th and 20pts out of a wild card so uhhhh yes I would say tanking is exactly what they look like.

The players offered aren't the return for NJ the return is $4.5m and a pick for a guy who doesn't fit their present or future. Meh if they don't want it they dont have to take the deal for me I see him as a good buy low candidate as a player whom I feel is a better fit for us than them. The risk is all the Canucks in this trade. Like remember that time Sven Baertschi and Nikolai Goldobin put up comparable stats for a fraction of the salary Gusev is signed for and we still couldn't give them away.