The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canadian Blockbuster Hockey Trade

3 hours ago, FinchBird said:

The Habs and Canucks should consider bringing Carey Price back home to B.C.

What could canucks offer to make this work as a win win for both teams, consider

Markstrom           Price

Boeser                 Domi

Erickson               Kovalchuk

Stetcher

Money works both ways in cap, deal gets done at ownership level. 

Just think about it and tell me why it's not good for hockey in Canada.

giphy.gif

I'd take Price over marky and day of the week!

That contract attached to Price is what? like 10 million per year for 7 more years?

Ahahahahahahahaha he is not going to be in a Vancouver uniform with that contract.

Right hand d depth is weak for the Canucks and the trade will only leave Tanev and Myers at the NHL level, Rafferty and Woo are in the future seasons.

Kovalchuk needs to be playing out East to succeed it seems.

Domi would be a nice upgrade, but with the current roster and prospects coming this is a lateral move unless MTL takes Pearson & Eriksson straight up.

Miller Pettersson Virtanen 

Domi Horvat Boeser 

Ferland Gaudette Leivo 

Roussell Beagle Sutter 

Macewan Motte Schaller 

There's finally a majority of players that play the right way 

But this creates future cap issues and roster spots as Podkolzin Hoglander Lind etc challenge for a spot

12 hours ago, FinchBird said:

What could canucks offer to make this work as a win win for both teams, consider

Stetcher

No team has ever won a cup with a 10 million dollar goalie, or with a goalie that takes up that high a cap percentage.

hard pass.   

cost controlled elite talent + depth = championships.   

13 hours ago, FinchBird said:

Stetcher

Haha...absolutely horrible.

Price's contract gives him negative value. Kovy is worth a 3rd.

And you want to trade Boeser and Marky?  Get your head out of your %$%#&%.  :frantic:

Edited by Kanukfanatic

Price for 10mil is not worth it. Marky at 6ish mil is just as serviceable as Price with the added benefit of having cap to add forwards/d-men. A more complete roster can be had with Marky. Price has just as good numbers as Marky playing on a far worse team. So I don't believe Marky is a superior goalie, but they are close enough that I'd rather have the cheaper option in Marky. Price at 7mil tops and I'd consider it. Otherwise hard pass.

13 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

That contract attached to Price is what? like 10 million per year for 7 more years?

Ahahahahahahahaha he is not going to be in a Vancouver uniform with that contract.

Right hand d depth is weak for the Canucks and the trade will only leave Tanev and Myers at the NHL level, Rafferty and Woo are in the future seasons.

Domi would be a nice upgrade, but with the current roster and prospects coming this is a lateral move unless MTL takes Pearson & Eriksson straight up.

Domi Horvat Boeser 

Ferland Gaudette Leivo 

Roussell Beagle Sutter 

Macewan Motte Schaller 

But this creates future cap issues and roster spots as Podkolzin Hoglander Lind etc challenge for a spot

There is less than Zero percent chance of Montreal accepting that. Lol 

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2020 at 4:58 PM, qwijibo said:

Bergevin doesn’t see Price as a piece he wants to move.  He’s not accepting calls on him

Pittsburgh reportedly inquired whether Domi was available before trading  for Zucker and were told he’s no. He’s not available.  So that leaves Kovalchuk for a 2nd. 

This is the only logical place for him to move, once Price says he has had enough in Montreal and he will, there is not going to be anyone else who can take on that contract once Markstrom signs his deal with NMC. What could Pittsburgh offer for Domi, Habs do not need more draft picks, Boeser has pedigree and if does not fit into Habs plan, he is an easy flip to Minnesota.

On 2/11/2020 at 7:49 PM, GhostsOf1994 said:

Domi Horvat Boeser 

Ferland Gaudette Leivo 

Roussell Beagle Sutter 

Macewan Motte Schaller 

6 more years at 10.5 after this year, with loui in deal and Markstrom new contract it is a smaller cap hit.

right hand depth chart brings in Tryampkin for playoffs with Stecher departure

Kovalchuk is this year only 

future cap issue gets kicked down the road when are kids are ready and on elc contracts

On 2/12/2020 at 9:23 AM, N7Nucks said:

Price for 10mil is not worth it. Marky at 6ish mil is just as serviceable as Price with the added benefit of having cap to add forwards/d-men. A more complete roster can be had with Marky. Price has just as good numbers as Marky playing on a far worse team. So I don't believe Marky is a superior goalie, but they are close enough that I'd rather have the cheaper option in Marky. Price at 7mil tops and I'd consider it. Otherwise hard pass.

Marky at 6ish plus Erickson is 12ish, do the math